Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: RC4wd Scale lights (LED) and Dx6i

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Thumbs down RC4wd Scale lights (LED) and Dx6i

I've searched the forum to no avail, so I'm hoping somebody out there has some answers.

I'm using a dx6i radio and I was wondering if the Scale Light module from RC4WD, would work with my radio and if it has working brake/backup lights.

I know that 3racing makes a light module but it will not work with my radion and Tamyia also makes a module but it is just a little too pricey fro me at the moment.

Or if somebody could tell me or guide me to some info on how I can set up remotely operable Headlights, Taillights/brakelights, and backup lights.

I also want to run some additional lights, lightbar(5 lights), fog lights (2 lights), and rock lights (2-4 lights).
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I am not sure if anyone has tried this combination yet. It was asked before, but I have not seen any answer.

The light system does have working brake and backup lights.

I keep hoping to pick up a DX6, but just never have yet.

Tom
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

For the additional lights I know rat shack has some really bright LED's. the small ones are 7500mcd and they have some 10mm ones (i think) that are 28000mcd which are like flashlights
Stallion1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

email vic at rclighting.net for a custom setup. he can set it up exactly as you want it and to work with your radio. his setups are really inexpensive, even shipped from UK. My Pajero Jtop had one of his kits (4 whites, 2 red) and it was only like $22.

http://www.rclighting.net/rc_lighting_7_010.htm

email him here: model.town@virgin.net

he also donated the charity montero light kit. Tell him pantablo (pablo) referred you.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
email vic at rclighting.net for a custom setup. he can set it up exactly as you want it and to work with your radio. his setups are really inexpensive, even shipped from UK. My Pajero Jtop had one of his kits (4 whites, 2 red) and it was only like $22.

http://www.rclighting.net/rc_lighting_7_010.htm

email him here: model.town@virgin.net

he also donated the charity montero light kit. Tell him pantablo (pablo) referred you.

Wow thnx I'll fire him off an email tonight
Old 06-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
I've searched the forum to no avail, so I'm hoping somebody out there has some answers.

I'm using a dx6i radio and I was wondering if the Scale Light module from RC4WD, would work with my radio and if it has working brake/backup lights.

I know that 3racing makes a light module but it will not work with my radion and Tamyia also makes a module but it is just a little too pricey fro me at the moment.

Or if somebody could tell me or guide me to some info on how I can set up remotely operable Headlights, Taillights/brakelights, and backup lights.

I also want to run some additional lights, lightbar(5 lights), fog lights (2 lights), and rock lights (2-4 lights).

I'm still intrested if anybody has tried this combo? Well I got a email back from rc4wd and they stated that this lighting unit will not work with a DX6i.

I'd also like to know if anybody could recommend a switch for the other portion of my project. I have seem some reccomended, Light Switch for Your Scaler - Firmtronics RC Switch Review but I'm very new to this portion of building and any advice would be apreciated.

Last edited by WarTrader; 06-11-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #7

Default Remote LED light switch

try dimension engineering. They have a remote operated picoswitch that I just installed. I am using a Spektrum DX6i radio and I just plugged in the switch to the receiver, wired it in-line with my lights , and I can turn them on and off remotely. They also have a fully programmable system called the DELight kit that you can program to have the brake lights to be dim, then glow brightly at full brake. They answer your emails super fast and the Picoswitch is 20 bucks. I bought my LEDs on ebay for 15 bucks.
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/...ontroller.html

Last edited by b5rider; 06-13-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added a link
b5rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5rider View Post
try dimension engineering. They have a remote operated picoswitch that I just installed. I am using a Spektrum DX6i radio and I just plugged in the switch to the receiver, wired it in-line with my lights , and I can turn them on and off remotely. They also have a fully programmable system called the DELight kit that you can program to have the brake lights to be dim, then glow brightly at full brake. They answer your emails super fast and the Picoswitch is 20 bucks. I bought my LEDs on ebay for 15 bucks.
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm
I had been looking at both of those items, I've again been hesitant to pull the trigger for them because of the apparent conflicts with the DX6i. Thank you for your input! What type of lights are you using?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #9

Default led lights

I am using lights from
http://myworld.ebay.com/rcspeedsters/
This guy is the best! He sent me the wrong lights by accident and let me keep them, and sent me another set super fast. You can specify the color,size of LEDs that you want at checkout and he'll make them for you and send them out quick! I'm waiting for my defender body to come in, and I will use the dimension engineering light controller. Be advised, the Delight controller that is 30 bucks doesn't come with the usb adapter or any lights. The one that is @50 comes with the leds and conector, and software and you can specify white, green or red LEDs (they don't have orange at the moment). good luck, I'll try and post a video as soon as I figure out how to convert it to Youtube size
b5rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Great thanks again!