Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Maisto '64 C-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Maisto '64 C-10

Has anyone used this body for a build? I've searched high and low and can't find anything about it. I've looked under Maisto, C10, '64, 1964, and came up with nadas. Any ideas?

I'm guessing based on the scale (1/16) you'd have to use a MRC to get the right width.

nickvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #2

Default c-10

I just saw this vehicle today. one of the descriptions said it was approx 12 inches long, 1/16 scale. Looks like it would be a neat foundation for a high quality crawler.

What would be a good chassis for a 1/16 unit like this? I'm a newbie here, so you experienced folks, please chime in!.
mattve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I would say the Losi mini axles would be a good choice for it!
rcjeepbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Yes this is def. a 1/16 scale. They are all over ebay listed as such. I am looking for a 1/10 myself. Im thinking the same with the mini axles
4mulaSvaliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

yep

been working on this one a little while. i have had the body for a year and a half and haven't seen another one around. i need to buy a couple more.......

VMG axles. its ~ 1/18 scale i cut about a 1/2 inch off the bed on this one. MRC axles are way too big. i bought a MRC just for this body and it looks like a monster truck.
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #6

Looney,
That looks really sweet. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #7

I am newbie enough that it took a while to research the vmg axles. I understand the rigs that produced those axles are all "out of production". The MRC axles would be the next logical choice, however, you stated that they mad the truck look "monster", which is not desirable.

Having said that, I don't see (yet) any real info on narrowing mrc or ax-10 etc.axles. I'm not afraid to tackle the fab, but would like some opinions on which alxes might be the better candidates. I do not own any crawler axles yet....

Another question Looney, if I may. What is the width of the c-10 body?

I would have abandoned the idea by now, but the pictures of your build speak to me. I really love the proportions of what you've done so far...
Old 12-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattve View Post
I am newbie enough that it took a while to research the vmg axles. I understand the rigs that produced those axles are all "out of production". The MRC axles would be the next logical choice, however, you stated that they mad the truck look "monster", which is not desirable.

Having said that, I don't see (yet) any real info on narrowing mrc or ax-10 etc.axles. I'm not afraid to tackle the fab, but would like some opinions on which alxes might be the better candidates. I do not own any crawler axles yet....

Another question Looney, if I may. What is the width of the c-10 body?

I would have abandoned the idea by now, but the pictures of your build speak to me. I really love the proportions of what you've done so far...
You may want to look into RC4WD's mini- or micro- axles, they may be the ticket. A bit pricey, but when all is said and done probably the same cost as buying an MRC or VMG just to get some axles. Plus the RC4WD ones I'm sure are more durable, being billet aluminium.
DEVROCK is offline   Reply With Quote