Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Vedder's 4Runner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
Either the tranny hump gave it away or in my parts list where I stated Bruiser interior. Either way...
Oh haha sorry didn't read i like pics better
CUSTOMHILUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Well I have not updated this one in a while. Probably since I dont even have the parts in hand anymore! I struck a deal with Mike 1bjb for my Isuzu Pick up. Part cash and parts skills and time. Since my skills are not even close to Mike's and my time is very limited now that I am working ALL the time since my wife is still out on maternity leave, oh and the fact that my son (5 months tomorrow) takes up the rest of time because I can keep my hands off of him when I am home, I couldn't pass up the deal that would have Mike building my 4runner at the same time as he builds his. Parts list is still mostly the same as I am using an OG Bruiser chassis, Axles and such. And of course the KILLER 4Runner body from Rich. I think only 4 in existence!

Time to publicly thank Mike for making the deal. I have ALWAYS want to own a rig built by him but when he sells his rigs, I never seem to have $$$ at the time. So now I will have the chance to own a rig built by him!

Anyway Mike feel free to post any progress pics here in this thread if you choose to!

I just hope I can find the time to work on Cloverfield 049
eddievedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #23
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievedder View Post
Well I have not updated this one in a while. Probably since I dont even have the parts in hand anymore! I struck a deal with Mike 1bjb for my Isuzu Pick up. Part cash and parts skills and time. Since my skills are not even close to Mike's and my time is very limited now that I am working ALL the time since my wife is still out on maternity leave, oh and the fact that my son (5 months tomorrow) takes up the rest of time because I can keep my hands off of him when I am home, I couldn't pass up the deal that would have Mike building my 4runner at the same time as he builds his. Parts list is still mostly the same as I am using an OG Bruiser chassis, Axles and such. And of course the KILLER 4Runner body from Rich. I think only 4 in existence!

Time to publicly thank Mike for making the deal. I have ALWAYS want to own a rig built by him but when he sells his rigs, I never seem to have $$$ at the time. So now I will have the chance to own a rig built by him!

Anyway Mike feel free to post any progress pics here in this thread if you choose to!

I just hope I can find the time to work on Cloverfield 049
Thanks Bob, it is gonna be badass I assure you I have to touch up a couple spots on the body and the I am going to shoot some paint on it. I finally got the WB and front/rear body mounts figured out on mine so now I can build up your chassis once I get some black on it
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

i just have to ask how much is that body is because the 1 at rc4wd is 70 bucks
scale-bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale-bronco View Post
i'm pretty sure it's way more than $70, if pardonmynOOb will even make it. the body is a hand made custom made from the tamiya hilux body.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale-bronco View Post

LOL - If you have to ask that question - then you just don't "get it" do you....

This body BLOWS away any 4runner body that RC4WD ( or anyone else for that matter) could ever imagine coming up with.. Yes they are expensive,( I also have one coming my way...) BUT in this case, you get what your paying for..! They are a a true masterpiece , and to know it started life as a bone stock "Hilux" body, truly makes it a piece of artwork..!
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

so who do i pm for that body come on i need to know thanks and still looking forward to this build
NorCalScaleCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalScaleCrawlers View Post
so who do i pm for that body come on i need to know thanks and still looking forward to this build
I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in the thread.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalScaleCrawlers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in the thread.

This AWESOME body was originally made by Rich - ("Pardonmyn00b" - on both here and Scale4x4). Currently there are only 4 of these bodys in existance..
51WillysJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Pardon,,,I need one.
Wild trial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51WillysJeep View Post
This AWESOME body was originally made by Rich - ("Pardonmyn00b" - on both here and Scale4x4). Currently there are only 4 of these bodys in existance..
And that's all there ever will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild trial View Post
Pardon,,,I need one.
Sorry dude
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Location: Long Island-Land of one batch of rocks in Sag Harbor and at least one fellow crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
And that's all there ever will be
No offense to anyone who doesnt have one but I feel very lucky to have struck a deal and been able to have Rich build the body for me. After mine he was contacted by a few others and 2 more were made. Rich is an excellent builder and his skill is second to none.

Thanks again Rich, you ARE the man!

I also have another one of the best builders putting it all together for me. Mike, 1bjb will be doing the build with complete interior so between the body by Rich and the build by the best Yota builder, I think I will have a very cool rig when all is said and done! Wait until you see the color combo!!!!

As far as the RC4WD body, it is a different year/style and a lexan body as well. A repro of the Vintage Kyoasho 4Runner body. Still cool and worth the $70.

Thanks again Mike and Rich!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #33
Sinking with the ship

Did some work on this today, feel like I didnt accomplish anything but I worked on it for a few hours... Did I mention I hate body work?

2nd coat of filler on the roof. Roof some how got like an air pocket under the layer of styrene...was strange, never seen that happen before but it'll get fixed

Rear cap had a couple of lines showing through from where the styrene was scored to allow it to get the rounded shape, one side is almost perfect, I accidentally nicked with the razor while scoring the windows lines a little bit more

Started tossing some black on the frame and axles

More to follow

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 03-06-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #34
RCC Addict

NICE!!!! If this turns out half as good as ANY of your other builds, I am in for a treat!!! I love the idea of DUAL 4runner builds!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Sorry I didn't catch that stuff fellas
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #36
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
Sorry I didn't catch that stuff fellas

Not a problem Rich, gotta remember that paint and filler cures over time and the little imperfections will show through. Nothing that can't be fixed
Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

hey 1bjb, what are you using to paint the chassis?.
..also what brand paint do you guys use on your bodies to keep the paint staying on while driving them as hard as you do? ive heard automotive paint..but which brands seem to work the best in a rattle can? awesome builds btw...
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae racer View Post
hey 1bjb, what are you using to paint the chassis?.
..also what brand paint do you guys use on your bodies to keep the paint staying on while driving them as hard as you do? ive heard automotive paint..but which brands seem to work the best in a rattle can? awesome builds btw...
I use Tamiya pants on most of my bodies but of course they are primed first. Holds up pretty well if you let the paint cure and layer it with thin coats. Krylon Fusion for plastics also works great!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

ok cool...b/c i used regular rattle primer,then blue, and then a clear coat on my clod and it seemed to come off really quick, but it also went nose first against a rock in a turn..kinda hard too...

also what kind of paint will look good/be durrable on the chassis if i dont powder coat it?
ae racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae racer View Post
ok cool...b/c i used regular rattle primer,then blue, and then a clear coat on my clod and it seemed to come off really quick, but it also went nose first against a rock in a turn..kinda hard too...

also what kind of paint will look good/be durrable on the chassis if i dont powder coat it?
There is a thread about "poor man's powderoating" on here. Search for it. I tried it once on a set of sliders. It works pretty good. You basically bake the paint on.