Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: hey guy's need some help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default hey guy's need some help

Hey guy's well i have a couple of quesion's cause i can't find any answer's that realy are spicific to my tundra highlift some to the ford and hilux. what i want to know is what are my option's on puttin my trans higher up no i am not wanting to go full on rock crawler jsut want a higher ground clearnce with the truck could i flip it on it's side raise it what im clueless cause it still has to be able to be shifted. next question what are soem easy body lift idea's wanna put me some 1.9 baja claw or some tsl bogger's from rc4wd onto it they rub my body a lot thank's yall zach your input is much appreciated.
tundrafan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I would say jack up the shocks, dont move the trans up.
To do a body lift, you can get some extra long body post and trim them down to where you want the body to sit.

Good luck.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

well it's a highlift so it's on leaf spring's and the tran's get's me hung up on a lot thing's was conciderign the bigger tire's to get some higher groudn clearncebetween the trans' and the ground but they wont' fig with the body at stokc height and it dont' have post it uses bolt's ot mount the body thanks' yall zach,.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

What about some spacer blocks between the leafs and the axle?
You would need some longer screws to feed through them.
Don't go nuts with it, ie. maybe 3/16" or so. Any higher and the axle may want to roll under the strain.
Might need to mount the shocks lower to go along withit. Maybe to the chassis rail itself.

Add the bigger tires.
Trim the fenders a little if necessary.

What about ditching the factory skid under the trans and fab up a delrin one that fits around the outputs rather then lower down, under them.
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont slow down View Post
You can gain 1/4" of free ground clearance at your skid plate by cutting off 1/4" from the screw posts on the skid plate mount.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

thanks' for the help i think imight give both the axle space'r and the new skidplate a try as well ill have to wait till i can get somone ot cut me a skid plate but will defintley give that a try thank's yall zach.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

is there anyway i couod use juggernuat leaf's under my tundra to raise it up. i am almost tempted to rasie it up enough to go 2.2 but like the 1.9size stuff better help please zach.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

First off the way you type makes you sound like a little kid or an idiot. If either is the case disregard my post. If not, please write thoughtfully and you'll have much better luck.

Second, would it be possible to rotate the trans for better clearence?

Third, raising the body up a lot will make it less stable and you'll roll a lot easier. My advice would be to trim the body to clear the tires.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

sorry for my bad typing skill's dude aint no way in heck im trimming my body it's painted and too nice to cut up. how would i go about flipping the transmission and i thought about maybe useing some juggy leaf spring's would those raise my height up any thank's zach.