RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Project: The Rock Bug (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/250381-project-rock-bug.html)

Siggy 05-19-2010 11:14 AM

Project: The Rock Bug

2 Attachment(s)
I saw some video clips of the 2009 W.E. Rock Competition. And I think that Tracy Jordan's superb handling of the SpiderTrax' Rock Bug was simply Awesome!

Attachment 135397

I thought this would make a worthwhile and a very exhilarating Project. Well a million thanks for the creative and artistic skills, and tons of patience of a Good Buddy, a Great Dream will have a shot at becoming a Reality! "thumbsup"

Attachment 135396

STANG KILLA SS 05-19-2010 12:10 PM

sweet replica of a unique rig. looking forward to progress pics!

rcjeepbuilder 05-19-2010 01:25 PM

That thing look awesome!!! I was thinking of building the same rig...

Siggy 05-19-2010 07:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS (Post 2462172)
sweet replica of a unique rig. looking forward to progress pics!

Delighted that you think it is sweet. Will update the thread with pictures as the project progress. Thanks for your interest and recommendations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcjeepbuilder (Post 2462262)
That thing look awesome!!! I was thinking of building the same rig...

Thank you! The chassis integrates all mounts required including a steering mount on the chassis.

Here's the 2010 KOH version. Wanted the light bar but would not look as nice scaled-down. So i'm going for the 2009 W.E Rock version.

Attachment 135417Attachment 135416

team3six 05-19-2010 07:53 PM

this is a tight little rig, I cant see why it wouldnt look good with the lights. There are several different styles of Light buckets now on the market to choose from.

rquarte 05-19-2010 08:57 PM

This thing is gonna be sweet. Can't wait to see it!

Siggy 05-19-2010 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by team3six (Post 2462830)
this is a tight little rig, I cant see why it wouldnt look good with the lights. There are several different styles of Light buckets now on the market to choose from.

AGREE! I want the lights. "thumbsup" Unfortunately, the way the hood/bumper sits, there isn't enough clearance. The lights would either have to sit a bit higher or forward, than we wanted in aiming for accuracy, as well.

Attachment 135438

The hood can be slightly lowered, but the steering servo would hit the hood. I'll try to figure things-out, as we go. Thanks for your kind attention and recommendations. "thumbsup"

Siggy 05-20-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rquarte (Post 2462988)
This thing is gonna be sweet. Can't wait to see it!

Thanks! I can't wait to get all things done and running!"thumbsup"

Rckcrwlr 05-20-2010 04:33 AM

What a great project...

Keep the pics coming...

salmonfacesalad 05-20-2010 06:48 AM

Finally, I knew someone was gonna tackle this beat sooner or later...looks great so far.

You gotta go with 4WS if its the WEROCK version.

ae racer 05-20-2010 10:44 AM

i think the lights would still look good on there.

Grizzly4x4 05-20-2010 11:31 AM

Subscribing. I'm really excited to see this come together, the chassis looks great so far. "thumbsup"

rubberovrroc 05-20-2010 08:46 PM

Too cool. Nice rig . Keep up the good work.

U DOWN 05-20-2010 09:13 PM

cant wait to see more of this rock bug build"thumbsup"

finishline 05-20-2010 10:13 PM

Great looking rig. I have been wanting to build a rig like this for awile myself.

team3six 05-20-2010 10:18 PM

Well I was looking at other pics of this truck and your pics. I cant see why the front lights cant work. It looks to be fine to me, you can make them a tad bit smaller and us the proline or RPP light buckets. I think the outback series light buckets would work great.

Siggy 05-21-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr (Post 2463365)
What a great project...

Keep the pics coming...

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonfacesalad (Post 2463436)
Finally, I knew someone was gonna tackle this beat sooner or later...looks great so far.

You gotta go with 4WS if its the WEROCK version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ae racer (Post 2463692)
i think the lights would still look good on there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 2463730)
Subscribing. I'm really excited to see this come together, the chassis looks great so far. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberovrroc (Post 2464453)
Too cool. Nice rig . Keep up the good work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by U DOWN (Post 2464489)
cant wait to see more of this rock bug build"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by finishline (Post 2464595)
Great looking rig. I have been wanting to build a rig like this for awile myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by team3six (Post 2464605)
Well I was looking at other pics of this truck and your pics. I cant see why the front lights cant work. It looks to be fine to me, you can make them a tad bit smaller and us the proline or RPP light buckets. I think the outback series light buckets would work great.

Than you for your interest. I'll get it to a roller and see what can be done for the fog lights."thumbsup"

HULK 05-21-2010 08:07 AM

This was a really fun project, and I am grateful that SIGGY let me be a part of it. I cannot WAIT to see it finished!

As for the lights, I wanted them to sit as flush as possible against the front of the bumper, and the only buckets I have ever seen were not very slim- so if there is a slimmer version we could try- I am obviously more than willing to make a mount for them... also, the way Tracy mounted them, I didnt want to cut into the hood to get the hoop angled back like he has it.

As for tires, I think you have to put BFGs on it, since tracy is sponsored by them...

team3six 05-21-2010 08:21 AM

Well I think the outback light buckets would work perfect then. You can see what they look like on my 09 usnick motorsports dreager buggy build. It's in the 2.2 section on page 3 of the threads

Siggy 05-21-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by team3six (Post 2464994)
Well I think the outback light buckets would work perfect then. You can see what they look like on my 09 usnick motorsports dreager buggy build. It's in the 2.2 section on page 3 of the threads

I took a peek at the build, and I must say that is Pure Inspiration! "thumbsup""thumbsup"

I love the lights and think it's the perfect choice. Thanks you!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HULK (Post 2464978)
This was a really fun project, and I am grateful that SIGGY let me be a part of it. I cannot WAIT to see it finished!

As for the lights, I wanted them to sit as flush as possible against the front of the bumper, and the only buckets I have ever seen were not very slim- so if there is a slimmer version we could try- I am obviously more than willing to make a mount for them... also, the way Tracy mounted them, I didnt want to cut into the hood to get the hoop angled back like he has it.

As for tires, I think you have to put BFGs on it, since tracy is sponsored by them...

Kudos! Positive Feedback speaks highly of your work and return! Thank you for your dedication and generosity in getting things done as planned.

I think those outback light buckets team3six mentions are Sick. Can a light bar be designed to mount these nicely and accurately? Otherwise, it's W.E. Rock - we Go!. "thumbsup"