Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: FJ Cruiser/GelandeII...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default FJ Cruiser/GelandeII...

I know this has been done a ton already, but I figured I'd share my super basic Nikko (I think) hard body FJ Cruiser body on a GelandeII chassis... Nothing special just have a TON of parts, bodies, chassis' and electronics laying around since I seem to hoard them... so I decided to actually do something with some of it. Just plan on replacing the front bumper, maybe even build something for it, need to shorten the front links to move the front axle back about 4mm. I'll paint the body in a different factory color most likely and put a set of Vanquish grey Bully's on it with a new set of Proline BFG KO2... if I can get them mounted. I have a used Mamba Max, ROC 412 3100 and a Hitech servo for it and a Castle bec. The only parts I need and don't have now are the tires which will be here tomorrow thanks to RPP! Should be a fun little project.

Any advice about mounting the body and any other ideas and tips are greatly appreciated from anybody who's done this already!
Attached Images

1tonblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2016, 12:10 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: FJ Cruiser/GelandeII...

New shoes!
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2016, 01:25 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

A few more pics, got my Hitech Servo mounted on a TF2 mount, flipped the steering to the left side, (left hand drive).
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2016, 01:41 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Waiting on the stubby Holmes Hobby motor I ordered to show up since the ROC412 I have is just barely to long to fit to the Gelande transmission with the steering servo mounted up front. The tires are a bit larger than I would like, but they are just way to cool and detailed to not use them on this project...
Old 05-30-2016, 10:48 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

A few more pics...
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2016, 10:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I did get a little work done on it today, put a set of inner fenders on it and started the paint job...
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Got my new Holmes Hobby Power Puller Stubby 2700 and with trimming about 4 mm off the 4 threaded spacers on the motor mount and turning the pinion gear around I was able to squeeze the motor in behind the steering servo. I used some 1/16" styrene to build a platform to mount the esc, bec and rx. Got it all bound up last night and test drove it around in my house. Might take it out this weekend and see how it does...
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2016, 07:21 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

BWAAGHH! Why's your Yota pumpkin on the wrong side!?!? Jeep axles on a Toyota is sacreligious! lol j/k...

I really like it man. I think the color along with those tires and wheels looks rather dapper. You'll have to let us know how that Holmes puller does in the G2 chassis. Keep up the good work!
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:48 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflektr View Post
BWAAGHH! Why's your Yota pumpkin on the wrong side!?!? Jeep axles on a Toyota is sacreligious! lol j/k...

I really like it man. I think the color along with those tires and wheels looks rather dapper. You'll have to let us know how that Holmes puller does in the G2 chassis. Keep up the good work!
Thank you, I appreciate your comments! I'll take it out for a run soon and see if the stubby puller motor breaks anything in my drivetrain.

You caught that the axle is switched to the wrong side lol. I did that for a couple reasons, first just mainly because I have 2 other G2 chassis rigs so I decided to change it up, second was I started out trying to build it with a low slung chassis and wanted the front shaft to clear the trans housing... I couldn't get it to work how I wanted it to, so I bagged that idea...
Old 06-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tonblazer View Post
Thank you, I appreciate your comments! I'll take it out for a run soon and see if the stubby puller motor breaks anything in my drivetrain.

You caught that the axle is switched to the wrong side lol. I did that for a couple reasons, first just mainly because I have 2 other G2 chassis rigs so I decided to change it up, second was I started out trying to build it with a low slung chassis and wanted the front shaft to clear the trans housing... I couldn't get it to work how I wanted it to, so I bagged that idea...
Yep lol. That's actually a good idea. I put mip shafts on my G2 Cruiser because that's all I had at the time (and didn't want to whittle down the outputs for junfacs) and my front driveshaft rubs the tranny housing to beat the band.
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Finally got a little time to test out the FJ outside. It did really well, seems balanced nicely. Plenty of power out of the stubby HH brushless motor, the PL BFGs did good too. Only got a couple pics, was too busy enjoying to remember pics.... I need to build some slider though, I scrapped a lot of paint off the rockers lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1tonblazer; 06-05-2016 at 08:39 PM.

FJ Cruiser/GelandeII... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Bright FJ Cruiser vs Nikko FJ Cruiser fredder Paint and Body 2 04-01-2016 11:26 AM
Chopped RC4WD Cruiser (Cruiser Pick-Up) SummitOner 1.9 Scale Rigs 12 10-10-2015 08:45 AM
Battery for GelandeII ScottinBend 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 05-30-2014 05:39 PM
Electronis for GelandeII ScottinBend 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 12-25-2013 02:03 PM