Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Power wagon build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Power wagon build

Ive been working on this the past couple of days, killing time till my scx10 gets here. its 1/2 in square tube split down the middle with a hacksaw (which takes waaayyy to much time ) usin OG tlt axles I had laying around. Plans are 3 link with panhard front, with old plastic emaxx shocks, heavy duty homemade leafs rear with a emaxx tranny, mabe with a gear reduction and motor up front. I would like to run a summit motor, but I will probably be cheap and use one I have laying around Hopefully it will get mud pluggers with tamiya hummer rims, but once again it may get cut down tires that are laying around, Ive been mockin it up with tires and rims of my strike, which are around 4.25 inches tall. On to the pics!!

Rooster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

does no one like power wagons? all comments and critques are welcome. oh well, I got more done tonight, tranny is mounted and the front leaf spring mounts are done, also got a set of 2.2s mounted up because they will be closer in size that the stock tlt tires I was mocking it up with.... on to the pics!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

looks good so far.
hint: press return between pics.
roglum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #4

I like your project so far. I will be doing my frame the same way this weekend hopefully. I will cut it in half with my band saw...I cannot imagine how long you were at it with the hack saw. I am also using TLT axles in my XJ build.

Very cool project.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!
OldMoparsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the heads up about spacing the pictures, will do that from now on. it took about 30 mins I think, I took a couple breaks to do other stuff as well. Glad to hear another guy is rocking old school axles! just a note if you doing the same type of frame, use alot of heat when bending, I didnt use enough and my frame is slightly kinked in the bends, also heating the outside of the bend seems to help get a nice kink free bend.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster87 View Post
Glad to hear another guy is rocking old school axles! just a note if you doing the same type of frame, use alot of heat when bending, I didnt use enough and my frame is slightly kinked in the bends, also heating the outside of the bend seems to help get a nice kink free bend.

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely make sure it is hot enough. Did you use Oxy/Ace for heat, or MAPP gas? I am hoping I can get it hot enough with MAPP...what do you think?

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I used a mini propane? I think. its a blue bottle and I usually use for plumbing stuff. I heated it for about a minute, so I would say maybe heat for two minutes and you should be good. If I had it to do over again I would have use the oxy/acetelene
Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster87 View Post
I used a mini propane? I think. its a blue bottle and I usually use for plumbing stuff. I heated it for about a minute, so I would say maybe heat for two minutes and you should be good. If I had it to do over again I would have use the oxy/acetelene
Thank you for the info. I bent my frame tonight using Propane and my torch. It actually worked out fairly well.

Mine looks very similar to yours. My build is in the 2.2 section.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #9

You should try this,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bonWJ...watch_response

Roger is in our 1:1 club finished 2nd in TTC10. Here is a pic on 56" claws

Thecarter999 is offline   Reply With Quote