Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddman102 View Post
Very nice rig...

Gave me a few ideas if I ever decide to redo mine :-p
Thanks and glad i can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhghah View Post
Looking good. What is your bellcrank from?

Jason
Thanks and Its off of a highlift one hole lines up and i had to drill out the other one so it wouldnt move. It fits like it was meant to be

What should i do on the wheel hubs leave them chrome or black im really stuck on this? please help!!!
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

what is the steering bow from
ax10rtrmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Looking great and I really like the lugs. As for the hubs I would paint them black myself.

Can't wait to get out and do some scale crawling soon!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10rtrmaster View Post
what is the steering bow from
Look at post 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
Looking great and I really like the lugs. As for the hubs I would paint them black myself.

Can't wait to get out and do some scale crawling soon!
Thanks Brian and thanks for helping out on the hubs all these people look at the build but dont say anything and i need there thoughts And im down for a little scale crawling but its still soooo HOT in the a.m . Hopefully it will cool off and we will be done moving into our new house and all crazyness will be over.

Ok got all my wheel wells in and changed out the silver springs for my fresh painted red ones.

Ok guys and girls need your thought again on my bumper!!!!! It will be made out of metal but im making it out of stryne for now. It is just a rough cut for now.

The bumper i want

What i have so far lol

Think it needs to be wider????

Thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #45
RCC Addict

This looks damn good, outstanding job! I'm in the process of getting all the parts together for my wifes murdered out JK. I think you should pack this one up in a box and sell it to me, that way I'm not giving up my NB JK body. What do you think? LOL

The bumper width looks good, looking forward to seeing more of it. Keep the pics coming.
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by balln View Post
all these people look at the build but dont say anything and i need there thoughts
Outstanding job! You already have the black & red thing going on which looks great IMO! I reckon you should continue with the theme and black-out the hubs, with a splash of red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balln View Post
Ok guys and girls need your thought again on my bumper!!!!! It will be made out of metal but im making it out of stryne for now. It is just a rough cut for now.
Can't quite make out the detail on the magazine pic, but IMO the bumper should be a bit wider to match the one in the pic. My hat's off to you on the bumper effort, what metal are you going to use? I'm trying my hand at an ARB style folded bumper and it's not easy...
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
This looks damn good, outstanding job! I'm in the process of getting all the parts together for my wifes murdered out JK. I think you should pack this one up in a box and sell it to me, that way I'm not giving up my NB JK body. What do you think? LOL

The bumper width looks good, looking forward to seeing more of it. Keep the pics coming.
Thanks man that helps me out!!! And ill pass on selling it lol i didnt mean for it to be murdered out it just kinda happend o well i like it. And i agree on the bumper being wider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
Outstanding job! You already have the black & red thing going on which looks great IMO! I reckon you should continue with the theme and black-out the hubs, with a splash of red.

Can't quite make out the detail on the magazine pic, but IMO the bumper should be a bit wider to match the one in the pic. My hat's off to you on the bumper effort, what metal are you going to use? I'm trying my hand at an ARB style folded bumper and it's not easy...

Thanks for your thoughts i was on the line about the wheel hubs. I think i will spray them flat black and i just got back from my storage unit to cut out a peice of 16.G but i found a peice that is thinner not sure what guage it is but it should work out great ill get the size in a bit and hope to get a peice cut out for you guys to see. And this is the first time i have tryed building something like this and at first it was confusing on where to bend and stuff but if you have all the right tools it helps alot.
Good luck on yours
Old 09-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Default bumper

how about this for a front bumper? Here's what I did with mine - cut down proline western bumper and just added the stinger and winch:

greedyg76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
how about this for a front bumper? Here's what I did with mine - cut down proline western bumper and just added the stinger and winch:
I do like those bumpers on the jk's and have some sitting in my parts box but they are a back up if the one im working on now doesn't turn out the way i like it. I'm worried about the plastic ones not holding up and getting a good mount to the chassie.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #50
I joined the Band!

looks great I like the murdered out black look and the hubs look great set off the wheels and all the black
bayareaaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

ballin,
i am new to the RC crawling/scaler hobby. i am in gilbert also. i would really like to watch these in action, do you know of a place close by that i could see these run? maybe if you would not mind i could meet you somewhere & watch you run & talk to find out more about the scaler/crawling hobby? i really like the detail that these have...

thanks!!
rc dreemer
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareaaxial View Post
looks great I like the murdered out black look and the hubs look great set off the wheels and all the black
Thanks man i cant wait to get it all back together and drive it. But i ended up spraying my hubs black with a little red insert and i think it looks pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc dreemer View Post
ballin,
i am new to the RC crawling/scaler hobby. i am in gilbert also. i would really like to watch these in action, do you know of a place close by that i could see these run? maybe if you would not mind i could meet you somewhere & watch you run & talk to find out more about the scaler/crawling hobby? i really like the detail that these have...

thanks!!
rc dreemer
You have a PM sir
Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #53

I'm starting a JK build and I wanted to know where you got that stretched Axial chassis from? I wanted to keep my build fairly simple so using an Axial chassis would be my best shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Justin
oxman283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxman283 View Post
I'm starting a JK build and I wanted to know where you got that stretched Axial chassis from? I wanted to keep my build fairly simple so using an Axial chassis would be my best shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Justin
Well mine isnt so simple i bought some peices of a axial frame from a member on here and cut two peice's out of them then cut my frame in half then re welded it back together. Hope this helps

If you can weld or know some one that can it is really easy and it looks better when the frame rails match the length of the body instead of stretching the links.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Nice Work......

That JK is looking incredible.

So......can I steal your steering idea? You get full credit! I swear! I think it would look awersome on the Super Dookie Juggy 2 body I have at home that's begging for a scale build.
Team Tactical Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by !skcorlaixa View Post
That JK is looking incredible.

So......can I steal your steering idea? You get full credit! I swear! I think it would look awersome on the Super Dookie Juggy 2 body I have at home that's begging for a scale build.
Thanks And as far as the steering goes it came off of a tamiya highlift so they can take the credit and i have been wanting to use it in a more scale spot like so for awhile now but never had the right build till now. I havent seen one used like the way i did but im pretty sure someone has done it before me. But thanks again
Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #57
I joined the Band!

so how is that bumper coming along
bayareaaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Man its been awhile, I built the front bumper and it looks good still have to grind some stuff down and trim some pieces off and its close to being finished but I stopped do to me moving and I just got everything setup and actually made the pieces to mount the bumper to the frame. Ill try to get some more stuff done and pics up while im out of work and school.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

So bayareaaxial started a fire and i got to go home early from work and i started to finish my front bumper. After it was all said and done i did not like the turn out of it. I just dont like the way my mig welds look and i have alot of tight crannys to grind down.(need to learn how to braze) I have a set of proline bumpers but as i was looking at them i couldnt really find a way to mount them up strong enuff becuase i plan on useing it and the stinger. So i now have to find someone that can braze me up some bumpers.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

I'm likin' those rims a lot. They look really scale.
Pointman is offline   Reply With Quote