Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: BUILD: A Girl named Jenny Craig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 05:41 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Awesome build!! What wheels/beadlock rings are those? They look great!
RCWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post

THANKS Bro!
BTW: Would you highly recommend RC4WD's Dual Rate Scale Shocks.
if your asking me if i would recommend them, i would have to say no. i personally don't like them. they look awesome, but feel they just aren't big "diameter" enough to work as good as the larger shocks.
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Default pics

lots of patients is all i can say!!! keep it up both the rigs look amazing

Last edited by rockrigcustoms; 08-09-2010 at 10:25 AM.
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Jester View Post
Can we get some more pictures of the body work?
Sure! There are a couple of angles posted by Jester666, hich angle are you wanting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWizard View Post
Awesome build!! What wheels/beadlock rings are those? They look great!
If you are referring to the 1:1, they are custom. If you are referring to the Fat Girl, Jester666 is the guy. This project might have same custom wheels as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbound View Post
if your asking me if i would recommend them, i would have to say no. i personally don't like them. they look awesome, but feel they just aren't big "diameter" enough to work as good as the larger shocks.
I was thinking going RC4WD and only got to try the Ultimate Scale. I need to figure then iwhich shocks would be most suitable. THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrigcustoms View Post
lots off patients is all i can say!!! keep it up both the rigs look amazing
The intricate details is quite a Spectacle, indeed. I bet that it takes tons of patience and skills to design then get those curves correctly done by hand, then properly align, tacked & welded. Even those little nuts and mounts, I imagine can be a PITA to do.

Ecoli would probably only do something this complex for a good friend of his like Jester666. I feel very lucky and much honored to have it fell on my lap, Indeed.

Name:  P1020866.jpg
Views: 1889
Size:  71.0 KB

Shaved a bit on the panels and mocked-up the head lights.
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Been pondering past few days if Jenny would look nicer if built as a 2.2 instead of a 1.9. Here's a mock-up at 12.5" wheelbase.

Name:  P1020873.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  80.0 KB
Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 AM   #26
RCC Addict

looks killer
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #27
RCC Addict

I'd stay with the 1.9's, it looks awfully close to your reference picture.

Although it might be a little more fun with 2.2's lol. Sweet build
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Wow, incredible. looks great!
salmonfacesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Looks great Ed, glad to see it made it quite quickly to you overseas. It was fun to build this frame, although very challenging too. Typical of the Coleworx buggies, lots and lots of curves. As Ed noted, people either love them or hate them it seems.

A couple of suggestions for you:

1. The nuts at the bottom of the tubing will allow you to bolt in an SCX skid and then upper and lower links. You might find the extra length in the links helpful, or you can stick with where you have them currently. Always good to have options!

2. You might want to try stretching out the WB a bit and lowering down the ride height. I know it gets away from that magic 12.5" WB, but scalers aren't confined to that rule ! It definitely has a longer WB compared to the Fat Girl, which Justin has running around 13" currently. You might find then that the 2.2s look more scale to the frame.

Can't wait to see more progress on this. You always amaze me with how fast and clean your builds are!
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #30
Hateraide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Looks great Ed, glad to see it made it quite quickly to you overseas. It was fun to build this frame, although very challenging too. Typical of the Coleworx buggies, lots and lots of curves. As Ed noted, people either love them or hate them it seems.

1. The nuts at the bottom of the tubing will allow you to bolt in an SCX skid and then upper and lower links. You might find the extra length in the links helpful, or you can stick with where you have them currently. Always good to have options!

2. You might want to try stretching out the WB a bit and lowering down the ride height. I know it gets away from that magic 12.5" WB, but scalers aren't confined to that rule ! It definitely has a longer WB compared to the Fat Girl, which Justin has running around 13" currently. You might find then that the 2.2s look more scale to the frame.

Can't wait to see more progress on this. You always amaze me with how fast and clean your builds are!

Agreed
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #31

Agüita!! nice chassis
Jose C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post

Hi Chris, Yeah it arrived superfast, THANKS for this Great Jenny Craig Replica. AWESOME Tubework! Thanks for the axle truss, sure love the integrated shock mounts, splendid idea.

Oh yeah, totally agree that ride height needs to be lowered. Still need to get parts and many need to be customized or pending release.

Thanks for your expert recommendations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code454 View Post
Agreed
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose C View Post
Agüita!! nice chassis
Gracias mucho!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Still waiting on most of the Parts. Here's an idea for the drivetrain. Please note that it is just a mock-up to visualize placement and fit of components. Oh yeah, won't have a dig, for sure!

Name:  P1020883.jpg
Views: 1677
Size:  56.7 KB
Old 08-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #34
RCC Addict

UPDATE:
Swapped-out for a set of the shorter Traxxas shocks and extended the wheelbase for a lower ride height. Then, I mounted the transmission up front and transfer case dead center (with enough clearance for a 7T Cobalt Puller) and installed the driveshafts.

Name:  P1020892.jpg
Views: 1584
Size:  88.2 KB

Positioning a JR Servo Crystal Case (just behind the transfer case) to enclose RX, FXR, BEC, and Flight Power 1350 3S (Same as with the Sniper Build). yup the crystal case cleared the driveshafts, nicely.

Name:  P1010545.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  63.8 KB
Old 08-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Dang Ed, that's a lot of stuff crammed into that frame ! I honestly didn't think there'd be room for a t-case with the motor/tranny under the hood. The extended wheelbase and lower ride height look 100x better. Loving it so far!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Thanks Chris! Love the spaciousness under the hood and in the cabin. I made use part of the servo mount to mount the tranny. Driveshaft angle seem to be good with enough clearance, as well. I am working-out a way to get most of the electronics/lipo splash proof. I hope there is enough space for the electronics box (for ESC, BEC, RX, and Lipo) and some seats and driver. interior.

Name:  blackwell.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  58.5 KB
Got these, you think it is a good idea? I will have to mounting the tranny and servo, a different way. Well, I'll get what I have in here first to be a Runner and see how things Go. THANKS!

Last edited by Siggy; 08-09-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #37

Unreal man. That thing is crazy looking man I love the tube work.
zgray19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Looking good Ed, your making quick work of this one.

Blackwells are an awesome looking axle but if your going for scale the NastyGirl never used "rockwells". On the other hand the FatGirl did use them. I've been wanting to stick a pair of blackwells under the Fatgirl since I got it.
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #39
RCC Addict

those axles are gonna top this rig off nicely. progress is looking good.
salmonfacesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, I'm with Justin on this one, the rockwells were never used under Jenny Craig, which is why it was in part called Jenny Craig, it was way lighter than the Fat Girl build on rockwells. Having said that, scalers are meant to have your own personal touch to it, so if you want to give them a go, I'd say why not ?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/261645-build-girl-named-jenny-craig.html
Posted By For Type Date
Going to be fun to say the least. Bronco Run Sept 22-25 - Arkansas Crawlers 4X4 Forum This thread Refback 02-19-2013 04:47 AM