Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: BUILD: A Girl named Jenny Craig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgray19 View Post
Unreal man. That thing is crazy looking man I love the tube work.
Thanks. Kudos to Ecoli for the chassis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
Looking good Ed, your making quick work of this one.

Blackwells are an awesome looking axle but if your going for scale the NastyGirl never used "rockwells". On the other hand the FatGirl did use them. I've been wanting to stick a pair of blackwells under the Fatgirl since I got it.
Very True. Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonfacesalad View Post
those axles are gonna top this rig off nicely. progress islooking good.
Thanks Bro. agree Blackwells do bring the X factor -- just can't wait to see the special bling-bling a good friend is working-on, to hopefully as you say top this project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Yeah, I'm with Justin on this one, the rockwells were never used under Jenny Craig, which is why it was in part called Jenny Craig, it was way lighter than the Fat Girl build on rockwells. Having said that, scalers are meant to have your own personal touch to it, so if you want to give them a go, I'd say why not ?
Thanks Chris, And having mounted a Blackwell on the Rckrwlr Sniper, it will require some major re-work to nicely mount the axles and the steering servos. Trying-out the Axials first, asthese can take all the beating, especially when upgraded with Super 300 F/R. The truss that you made are Class A, and work like magic.
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Very nice and unique! I have been contemplating doing another replica, and was looking at Tim Cameron's newest coleworx buggy. Can't wait to see more!
Mikey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey007 View Post
Very nice and unique! I have been contemplating doing another replica, and was looking at Tim Cameron's newest coleworx buggy. Can't wait to see more!
Thanks! Fusion-X sure is one very nice and sweet rig, as well!
Old 08-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #44
RCC Addict

This rig is awesome! The rock wells just really set it apart. Any more updates?
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

OMG this is another SICK buggy, Can't wait to see the rockwells under it
1badxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by country_crawler View Post
This rig is awesome! The rock wells just really set it apart. Any more updates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badxj View Post
OMG this is another SICK buggy, Can't wait to see the rockwells under it
Thanks Guys! Maybe something like this?

Name:  P1030019.jpg
Views: 2086
Size:  43.8 KB
Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Ok, I have to say those Rockwell's definitely look awesome under there Ed!
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ok, I have to say those Rockwell's definitely look awesome under there Ed!
They are quite striking in person. Here is a couple more profile shots.

Name:  P1030027.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  31.8 KBName:  P1030026.jpg
Views: 1921
Size:  35.3 KBName:  P1030028.jpg
Views: 1920
Size:  38.9 KBName:  P1030024.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  39.5 KB

I got an idea on how to install the steering servo for the front and rear. Do the same as I did for the Sniper.

Name:  P1010496.jpg
Views: 1874
Size:  63.1 KB
Old 08-25-2010, 03:49 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Sick! You got skills!
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #50
RCC Addict

I've kept these MSD 4-Dyce all these years for a special build. These were my first goodies from the forum's classifieds passed-on by a Great Guy named Jason. Just trying em-out.

Name:  P1030036.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  43.7 KB
Name:  P1030035.jpg
Views: 2214
Size:  34.3 KB
Old 09-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Looks killer Ed, nicely done.

But IMO I think it's sitting a little to high still, but that's just me. Maybe because the FatGirl sit's lower, I'm thinking the Nasty Girl should sit lower too.
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #52
RCC Addict

I am still waiting on shocks and working on steering overall geometry. This are all mock-up exercises, I expect to do some major chassis cutting if I proceed with the Blackwells. These axles need to be configured BTA similar to the TXT, and finding the best way to mount the upper links to work nicely. I need to also re-work the tranny + transfer case positioning. I still am thinking maybe going the K44 route without the rear steer, allows me to get the job done quick.

Anyway when I'm done with this build -- Blackwell or K44, the ride height will be a belly-dragger 1". PLUS with the Teflon skids and good articulation, Jenny sure can be tuned to do decent rock crawling, as well.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

That tubework is some of the best ive seen, how are you going to get it so low and still allow the front to flex good? Are you going to set it up for more down travel than up? It just looks like the axle will hit the front cage before the shocks bottom out... maybe i'm just looking at it wrong
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Looks good Ed, I'm sure some more fine tuning will give you the right ride height as you said!

Did you ever try 2.2 rok lox on there? Just curious what it looks like with the bigger tires slapped on.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Did you ever try 2.2 rok lox on there? Just curious what it looks like with the bigger tires slapped on.
Pretty sure those are 2.2's... at least from what I can read in the pics. I donno... they look a little odd IMO. Maybe a huge 1.9, or a smaller 2.2.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

ecoli, that is a crazy chassis to tackle, but it looks almost perfect. Beautiful work there.

I'd have to say I like the D44 style over the Blackwells for this truck, especially with the rear view of the real Nasty Girl. Not to mention that Rockwells should be olive drab, not chrome. Aside from the work required, it would look really awesome with some 1.55 wheels and tires expanded to the size of 1.9's. The 44in TSL's just seem to swallow the wheels.

Sweet rig!
vw_thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

So we went wheelin' in Arkansas for Labor Day weekend and while we were getting ready to head out I saw something interesting in the distance....

Yep, it was Jenny Craig! I guess this guy bought it from Coleworx....surely for a pretty penny.

Looking at the original (which is even more impressive in person), I would say that if you really want to model your rig after Jenny Craig, you should definitely stretch that wheelbase, lower it, and run 1.9's. Blackwells are fantastic, but would really push this rig into looking like Fat Girl, IMO. But it's your rig, so build it however you want!

I've got a dozen pictures and some videos here. Try not to cringe as the owner starts it up and proceeds to rev it before the oil even has chance to circulate. Ouch!
http://tommyr.smugmug.com/Wheelin-Tr...98149125_tEL4Y

They also had a small hill climb race and I got video of JC going up....very easily. As always, the video is very deceptive. That hill was crazy steep.
http://tommyr.smugmug.com/Wheelin-Tr...46_ykouB-M.jpg

I took several detailed pictures of the fab work specifically for my RC brethren who may find it helpful when recreating this beauty!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Looks good Ed, I'm sure some more fine tuning will give you the right ride height as you said!

It has got the 2.2 now. I 'll try getting a set of 1.9 Rok Lox for comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Pretty sure those are 2.2's... at least from what I can read in the pics. I donno... they look a little odd IMO. Maybe a huge 1.9, or a smaller 2.2.
Oh yeah, they sure are 2.2's. Got to tackle the tire size and really tough to determine which is Best, with limited pictures of the 1:1 rig. Got to work on
deciding which axles finally. Got to wait for K44 to be re-stocked as many seem not to recommend the Blackwell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_thing View Post
ecoli, that is a crazy chassis to tackle, but it looks almost perfect. Beautiful work there.

I'd have to say I like the D44 style over the Blackwells for this truck, especially with the rear view of the real Nasty Girl. Not to mention that Rockwells should be olive drab, not chrome. Aside from the work required, it would look really awesome with some 1.55 wheels and tires expanded to the size of 1.9's. The 44in TSL's just seem to swallow the wheels.

Sweet rig!

Maybe 1.9 wheels with 2.2 sized tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
So we went wheelin' in Arkansas for Labor Day weekend and while we were getting ready to head out I saw something interesting in the distance....

Yep, it was Jenny Craig! I guess this guy bought it from Coleworx....surely for a pretty penny.

Looking at the original (which is even more impressive in person), I would say that if you really want to model your rig after Jenny Craig, you should definitely stretch that wheelbase, lower it, and run 1.9's. Blackwells are fantastic, but would really push this rig into looking like Fat Girl, IMO. But it's your rig, so build it however you want!

I've got a dozen pictures and some videos here. Try not to cringe as the owner starts it up and proceeds to rev it before the oil even has chance to circulate. Ouch!
http://tommyr.smugmug.com/Wheelin-Tr...98149125_tEL4Y

They also had a small hill climb race and I got video of JC going up....very easily. As always, the video is very deceptive. That hill was crazy steep.
http://tommyr.smugmug.com/Wheelin-Tr...46_ykouB-M.jpg

I took several detailed pictures of the fab work specifically for my RC brethren who may find it helpful when recreating this beauty!
Greatly appreciate all the pics and video. Sure is PURE inspiration to want to get things done Right, first time around! My Sincerest Gratitude!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
Greatly appreciate all the pics and video. Sure is PURE inspiration to want to get things done Right, first time around! My Sincerest Gratitude!
My pleasure! Since this is such a popular rig, I decided to post all my pics and the video links into a thread specific to Fat Girl and Jenny Craig:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...31#post2640831

If you or anyone else wants higher res versions of the pics, just let me know.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Been working on a new hood while waiting on parts. Apologies for the rough work.
Name:  P1030078.jpg
Views: 2013
Size:  26.8 KB

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/261645-build-girl-named-jenny-craig.html
Posted By For Type Date
Going to be fun to say the least. Bronco Run Sept 22-25 - Arkansas Crawlers 4X4 Forum This thread Refback 02-19-2013 04:47 AM