Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: BUILD: A Girl named Jenny Craig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #61

thats just sick. I would kill to have the real 1:1 tho. it or fat girl would be cool to have.
Gotmudd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

New hood is looking great Ed. Looking just like the 1:1. Did you make a whole new grill for it as well?
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #63
www.team3sixrc.com

Now your forcing me to make a suzuki hood.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
New hood is looking great Ed. Looking just like the 1:1. Did you make a whole new grill for it as well?
Hi Chris, THANKS! Grill is from a Jeep Liberty hacked to right form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmudd? View Post
thats just sick. I would kill to have the real 1:1 tho. it or fat girl would be cool to have.
I'd be extremely happy to get to see the 1:1 of my scalers in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Now your forcing me to make a suzuki hood.
I have no doubt that they will turn-out to be totally sweet, as some of the nicest scale goodies I got, come from you.

Here is where I am at ... still needs a lot more attention.

Name:  P1030093.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  31.7 KBName:  P1030094.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  23.6 KB
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
Hi Chris, THANKS! Grill is from a Jeep Liberty hacked to right form.
Hmm, does Newbright make those liberty bodies or someone else? I honestly don't remember seeing one before, but then again, Jeep Liberty isn't exactly what comes to mind when you think offroad
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hmm, does Newbright make those liberty bodies or someone else? I honestly don't remember seeing one before, but then again, Jeep Liberty isn't exactly what comes to mind when you think offroad
I honestly do not know who makes those Liberty bodies, and embarrassingly admit that I have never seen a Newbright. The Jeep Liberty is not too popular here, as well.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Just a sexy rig man kudos
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:

yup it was New Bright that had the Jeep Liberty. I was on the hunt for one awhile back, I was going to use the hood for the FatGirl once you sold it to me.
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Nice!!! i better have a badazz motor to live up to one of Cameron's rigs, that and a heavy foot
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
Just a sexy rig man kudos
Thanks Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
yup it was New Bright that had the Jeep Liberty. I was on the hunt for one awhile back, I was going to use the hood for the FatGirl once you sold it to me.
That would look nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_1 View Post
Nice!!! i better have a badazz motor to live up to one of Cameron's rigs, that and a heavy foot
Powerful Motor won't be tough as this chassis got all the room.

Hood with mocked headlights.

Name:  P1030096.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  27.5 KB
Old 10-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Finally got these ordered as one of 2 alternatives to the Blackwell.

Alternative 1: K-44

Name:  ARB R11.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  15.0 KB
Name:  ARB F12.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  16.3 KB

Alternative 2: AX10
Just like FatGirl and Pink, this Girl will be TOUGH, for sure!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #72

beautiful rig cant wait to see it done, I say go with the k-44 i think it will fit the rig better
FreeWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #73
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Subscribed.

Waiting to see how tough those k44s are.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #74
Rock Stacker

Its all been said before but I will say it again. That is some really nice work there! Wish I had the patience and skill to do the same. Please keep us posted on the durability of the axles.

Cheers,
Rich
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeWheel View Post
beautiful rig cant wait to see it done, I say go with the k-44 i think it will fit the rig better
If the width of the K-44 will fit, then there is a good chance it will be easier to get a lower overall stance. But definitely, will NOT be able to have rear steer, like the 1:1 if it were to be the k-44l. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
Subscribed.

Waiting to see how tough those k44s are.
I too was kind of curious if these axles can manage a rock trail. Since they are suppose to be the same as the Black Widow XVD's, they should be stronger than the Blckwells, and able to better handle the torque, say of a cobalt puller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff View Post
Its all been said before but I will say it again. That is some really nice work there! Wish I had the patience and skill to do the same. Please keep us posted on the durability of the axles. Cheers,
Rich
Hi Rich, thanks for your kind words. Just waiting on the axles in the mail, and will surely update performance, soon as Jenny is a Runner.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Postman delivered a small box from the RC4WDStore. Yes my [COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]K-44's [/COLOR]have finally arrive! Wooooohoooo! Opps, package was just missing 1 ARB Cover - ordered a pair, of course

Anyway, did not waste any time to mount 1.9 wheels and tires to Mock-up under the chassis.

Name:  Coleworx1.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  Coleworx.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  32.0 KB

Name:  Coleworx2.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  28.9 KB
Old 10-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #77
RCC Addict

This is roughly how this NastyGirl stands with the K-44 and 100mm shocks on 1.9's. I can lower further ride height by using a 90mm rear and 80mm front shocks. RC4WD dual rates may be a tad too thick with the Narrow K44 Axles.

Name:  ColewrX1.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  34.6 KB
Name:  ColewrXOG1.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  52.2 KB

Still working on having some custom 1.9 BL's with a little more offset, done. GREAT if it can have BL rings just like the 1:1?

Name:  ColeworX.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  50.5 KB

Last edited by Siggy; 10-23-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added BL pic :)
Old 10-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #78
www.team3sixrc.com

That is looking tight. Now here is the news you might want. When I was going to build that, I had contacted C.A.C. he was going to make them for me but as the whole rim. I contacted ecoli about it because it was going to be cheaper for 2 full sets then 1. Plans changed with me to build the Teeny car instead. You may want to contact him and see what the damage would be to just make the rings. Seeing what you have financialy in that with the C.A.C tranny, RC4WD killer T, and the 44 axles. It would only make sense for you to top it off with the rings. BTW, Sig, your truck is looking wicked. I only wish I had the money to do something like that. Can you tell me what the internals look like in them axles. I would love to get them, but fear of them crapping out is my big issue. The Axial axles with all the glory seems to be a safer bet, but the 44's and the widow axles are the ideal axle by looks and design (Minus the hig steer ability which I have often expressed to RC4WD). But if those axles are any good and strong, I might actually buy them. I'm sure you understand having a reliable axle is important when it comes to the weight of these replicas we build. The Suzuki dreager I built should have widows, just too scared to invest in looks.

Last edited by team3six; 10-23-2010 at 05:11 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
That is looking tight. Now here is the news you might want. When I was going to build that, I had contacted C.A.C. he was going to make them for me but as the whole rim. I contacted ecoli about it because it was going to be cheaper for 2 full sets then 1. Plans changed with me to build the Teeny car instead. You may want to contact him and see what the damage would be to just make the rings. Seeing what you have financialy in that with the C.A.C tranny, RC4WD killer T, and the 44 axles. It would only make sense for you to top it off with the rings. BTW, Sig, your truck is looking wicked. I only wish I had the money to do something like that. Can you tell me what the internals look like in them axles. I would love to get them, but fear of them crapping out is my big issue. The Axial axles with all the glory seems to be a safer bet, but the 44's and the widow axles are the ideal axle by looks and design (Minus the hig steer ability which I have often expressed to RC4WD). But if those axles are any good and strong, I might actually buy them. I'm sure you understand having a reliable axle is important when it comes to the weight of these replicas we build. The Suzuki dreager I built should have widows, just too scared to invest in looks.
Thanks for your kind encouragement and recommendations. Is it CAC or CadtoChrome for the Scale wheels?

The K-44 and OG Bruiser/Blazing Blazer axles do have some things in common. Both are composed of housing halves and the axle tube diameter is 10.04mm. With a set of XVD's, I sure look forward to try-out and seeing if the K-44 will manage a decent rock trail same as the RC4WD Black Widow axles without breaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijkaGHxsD00
Old 10-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #80
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

How wide/narrow are the K44s compared to axials?
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/261645-build-girl-named-jenny-craig.html
Posted By For Type Date
Going to be fun to say the least. Bronco Run Sept 22-25 - Arkansas Crawlers 4X4 Forum This thread Refback 02-19-2013 04:47 AM