Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: PROJECT: Top Heavy: trials style!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation PROJECT: Top Heavy: trials style!!

I have always wanted a trials style truck, just never got around to building one. then i ran into project tumbler on rcc. i fell in love with that mog and wanted something similar. i built the cage work so its not the best, but im just learning.

the chassis i started with is one that nissan231 built four years ago or so. its not the prettiest thing in the world. but it is very well balanced and drives great. it got a little warped from years of hard abuse.
so i straightened it out. i will be extending the back end out some but not to much. its also probably going to get captured springs.

the body is a proline recon body. i have some plans for it too. but with my limited time im not sure if ill get to them.

axles are old school stock tlts.

not sure if i am going to run some of the rc4wd tires,or stick with my moded dirt works. either way they are the same size.

heres some pics, i hope to get more done tomorrow maybe.

heres my inspirations

and heres mine

hope you enjoy, ive been enjoying learning to braze. my joints are getting better everytime. now i juat have to learn to bend tubing better.
octigonwallrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Can't wait to see the next round of pictures!
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
LR3
Rock Crawler

Looks like a nice start. I would suggest running RC4WD Rok Lox on it
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

wow man just wow
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

just a little update today, my little ones b-day is sunday and we always seem to go over the top. so i don't have a lot of time right now. should have a bunch more next week.

this build is also a budget build using what i already have.
today i got the rear body mount. and also picked up a rad shack project box for the fuel cells on each side, because i angled the side pieces in theres not enough room for a full box and the tranny. i might make my own fuel cells though also.

the tube work and the body are one piece that bolts on to the chassis. well see how good that holds up. haha!

new shot with the tires im going to use for now, until i can get the proline swampers.
also got shocks mounted. i don't like them so i am going to make new mounts later. probably be hoops of some kind.

fuel cell

as i was at the dollar store i found this little jewel. so now i have some expanded metal for the bed.

more updates soon.
sorry for the pictures being crap. a friend of ours has our camera so iv been using my cell phone. better pics soon also.
octigonwallrus is offline   Reply With Quote