Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Comp Courier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #361
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Comp Courier

Wow, that is an insane truck man. The attention to detail as far as your components goes is top notch man!!! Can't believe this thread is over 4 years old!!!
I've been looking at my TLT rig with disgust now :P So much slop everywhere!!!
Are those 2.2 flatirons your running?

Last edited by joe.bielski; 10-24-2014 at 11:06 AM.
joe.bielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #362
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.bielski View Post
Wow, that is an insane truck man. The attention to detail as far as your components goes is top notch man!!! Can't believe this thread is over 4 years old!!!
I've been looking at my TLT rig with disgust now :P So much slop everywhere!!!
Are those 2.2 flatirons your running?
They are 2.2 Flat Irons with 1.9 beads and then I cut a couple MM row out of both outter lug rows to skinny them up. They are now slightly wider than a 1.9 Flat Iron but benefit from the taller lugs. One of my Favorite tires right now!

I love how old and abused this thing is. I could build newer rigs but I like this one and enjoy messing with it so its not going anywhere. Whenever it has somethin quit or get sloppy I replace it and move on lol

Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #363
Quarry Creeper

For sure!!!
I made the mistake so many times in the past building a good rig, then selling it only to regret it after. Now I have one rig I'm sticking with. The tires look great, I'm wondering if that would be legal for my local class 2 comps but I think max tire height is 4.75" for that class :S
joe.bielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #364
RCC Addict

They are right at 4.75" tall so as long as you dont have a modded tire rule in Class 2 you should be good! I have to add a couple rows of tread to the 2.2 Iron to make my 5" setup I also like to run which would be too tall for your rules.

Matt
Old 10-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #365
RCC Addict

Shake down at Green River went quite well despite falling off the first obstacle and breaking a brand new rod end right off the parking lot LOL. I snapped another later on and figured out what was causing the issue. Ill sort it out when I re-do the rear links, this was just to get me out on the rocks for the weekend! Otherwise, some weight in to make up for what I lost going from brass tubes to aluminum and then I should be good to go.

Towards the end one of my rear uppers broke the rod end and I finished the day without it. Even with the sloppy rear end due to it she crawled really well. The added steering was very nice but more important, the lack of slop was exactly what I was shooting for.

Matt
Old 07-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #366
RCC Addict

Been a while! My servo mount wasnt up to snuff and even after adding a couple layers of steel to the mix it would still bent and give when in a bind. I also noticed my angles were a little off so I cut up the old mount, broke out the welder and put together a super quick fix.

Originally I was going to just tack it up and go but decided to go overkill just to make sure its bulletproof

Gonna dust off the rest of the rig and give it a shot here soon hopefully.

Matt