Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Range Rover Classic on SXC10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #1

Default Range Rover Classic on SXC10

Hello

My name is Roland, I'm from Austria, and I'm pretty new at this RC-Car thing.

Usually I'm working on my 1:1 Range Rover Classic

But in the last winter I found this forum, and some really amazing builds!!!

So I thought: lets give it a try! and do something different then I do usual!

My wife wasn't so happy about my decision to make the kitchentable my new workbench . But I was so busy with working on my new rig, that her "no-sex-punishment" wasn't so hard as she thought!

Ok, so I just bought a new sxc10 RTR and ordered a 1:10 range rover body from Newzealand. I found this body here in a other build thread and thought it would be a good start.
As the body arrived, I found out that I'm really a bloody beginner.
The body was much tooooooooooooooooo small for the sxc chassis.

So I had to do something differnt. I remembered some really amazing scratch builds out of styrene an other materials. So I just started to cut out some pieces of a plate and glued them together

Ok. that was fun. so I thought I could go on. I scaled side-front and top view from my 1:1 Range rover to fit the SXC. Luckily the wheelbase to axle width ratio was almost perfect, so i just had to scale everthing by 1:8,1

finally I got some paint on it. but i was still missing real headlights and other details

And at the moment it looks like this. For sure I have to paint the rims of the 1:1 white or grey, but its still to cold here.

I'm pretty happy with my first RC-car. But I know there are many points to improve.
I think I will start a completly new body. Now I know some new workinig techniques, and i think i can improve the overall look on some points.
But first I have to clean the kitchentable and calm down my wife. Otherwise the punishment would be to hard to survife this time!

with freindly greetings
Roland
Fuxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links