Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Tacoma Jero (Jims Rebuild)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 09:48 AM   #161
MWRCA'er

I really like that color to it looks awesome in the sun. I have a can of it sitting at home here already. Nice truck, thats the same body style as this body 95-96. But, it's going to hard to duplicate that multi layer color look.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #162
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster
I really like that color to it looks awesome in the sun. I have a can of it sitting at home here already. Nice truck, thats the same body style as this body 95-96. But, it's going to hard to duplicate that multi layer color look.
yea I hear ya, I say go with the silver/gun metal gray. That is probably going to give it the best scale appearance . My truck is a 97, thanks for the compliment

Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:42 AM   #163
Rock Crawler

Mnster: Are those tires a part of some set or something? I looked all over and didn't see anything that even looked close. What part of the toys department are they in? Great thread by the way.
gone_wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:32 AM   #164
Quarry Creeper

that is by far the best thread I have read on here.........thanks Jim
robvbro81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #165
Rock Crawler

lol, cool rebuild............jims my idol now.............he needs a tv show
foodstamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #166
Quarry Creeper

My favorite pic is the one with the simple green.
Soya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #167
Quarry Creeper

I Love This F---ing Build!!! This Has To Be The Best Thing That I Have Ever Seen, Ever!!!!!
Inclodneato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:30 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

For a color I would use the red and then if you can find it a transparent dark green or silver. The red will shine through in the sun but will appear green or silver. I'll look around and see what I can find. I saw it somewhere just have to remember.

Keep the build coming it's great.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #169
Pebble Pounder

Maybe this pic of my Taco can help you out some. I think a canvas top for the back could be pretty cool and it would get rid of the bedliner issue.
Dollarhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #170
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double J
For a color I would use the red and then if you can find it a transparent dark green or silver. The red will shine through in the sun but will appear green or silver. I'll look around and see what I can find. I saw it somewhere just have to remember.

Keep the build coming it's great.
You're talking about a candy. They are tough to use but turn out pretty good when it works right. I had to practice on a bunch of spare lexan to get how to do it down.
Zuki Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:55 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Could be a candy but I could swear I saw it as "transparent colors". Haven't searched much today. But I will find it and let you know what I come up with.
Double J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #172
RCC Addict

first off, great thread! keep the pics comin'!

a note on candy colors. candies are transparent colors, but it is critical that you spray a silver or gold base first(if painting a styrene body) or last(if lexan.) they are really not too difficult to use. just remember that you do not sand candy colors between coats.
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #173
MWRCA'er

Thanks for the additional input, I have decided to stay away from the gray it's just to dark. Dark colors are hard to keep clean and the scratches show up easy. I think I'm going to go with the candy burgundy like color, Red Mica. I want some thing kind of wild that really pops in the sun. I want to do a complex color so that I stay away from that stock radio shack truck look. I thought about a can back but I'm not really sure it would look good with the Baja style fiberglass looking bed sides.

To the people that keep asking about the tires. They are available at any toy store even Walgreen's and Osco stock them they are called Fly Wheels.

So far in the Bogger tire search I have found that Target is the only store that I have found Boggers in. Toysrus is really your best bet for Fly wheels in general as they stock walls and bins full of these. I still need to find my other 2 Bogger tires somewhere. I've been searching within a 150 miles of my home with no luck yet. It seems as though these are well selling toys. Every store I go to they are either out of stock or all they have are the motorcycle or skate board wheels. I have contacted the manufacturer to see if I could order certain sets. But, they will not sell to the general public, only retailers. You can however order from toysrus.com a 16" wheel set. There are 4 different 16" wheels sets on the market right now. The Super Swamper LTB, TSL Bogger, Wrangler MT/R, or ricer wheel and tire. So you would have about a 3 out of 4 chance of getting a offroad tire. I currently am attempting to collect all the off road wheel and tire sets. So far I have 2 Boggers, 4 MT/R's, and 2 interco all terrains.

The set that came with the brake disk that Jim installed is a limited edition one per shipping crate item.

The weld racing 20"s with all terrains (same style as the proline beadlocks) are available in single collector cases as are also the MT/R's they are a few bucks cheaper.

Last edited by Mnster; 04-26-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:08 AM   #174
Pebble Pounder

This is the only interco i could find on there website, but there are SO MANY its hard to find them on there website, Here is a link to a interco im pretty sure its the one that is at the bottom of his post http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...827539-0803011
clodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:44 AM   #175
RCC Addict

the fly wheels is what I found in my local target. they came in set of four but each tires was different. One was a goodyear mtr and the other one that i remember was a bfg mud terrain on a 20" wheel. have really looked in a toy store yet but i bet they have the boggers esp. here in the south
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #176
Pebble Pounder

How tall are they and how wide are those fly wheels?
clodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #177
Rock Crawler

Come to think of it, the leftover storage boxes that come with the collector cases would be a very good storage box, since they interlock.
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #178
MWRCA'er

Jim made the lexan dash today after starting with a paper template

Old 04-27-2006, 05:56 PM   #179
Rock Crawler

Nice dash, what are the accesories on it made of?
Crawlerguy851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #180
MWRCA'er

I took pictures of my real truck then printed the vents and stuff out and glued them on.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/30646-tacoma-jero-jims-rebuild.html
Posted By For Type Date
ClodTalk.com - View topic - Funny thread on RCCrawler-Jim's Tacoma XC build This thread Refback 03-02-2013 08:03 AM