Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Shooter shackles are they worth the money?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Exclamation Shooter shackles are they worth the money?

I asked this same question in the general scale crawler section with no answer. So since I see that the 1.9 section is the most viewed I am going to ask it again.
I have a moded hi-lift that flexes about 3.5 inches, I was thinking of adding also some rc4wd shooter shackles. Now I also see that there is another upgrade that is the T-BOX, I am wondering how this works.
I mean I would have to install the shooter shackles to the back and the t-box to the front of the spring? If so why can't I just install 8 shooter shackles or 8 t box?
How much gain will I get by installing all this? Anyone has done it?
I would like some feedback and some help since spending $150 just for some spring upgrades is a lot of money and it better be worthy...
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I have been interested in them but their purpose is to unload and open up the suspension. I have seen them on a 1.1 xj and I can tell you that they are scary. In most cases with scale it is better to keep flex under control.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have the Shooters and T-Box's on my Hilux. I have to say that I get the same flex now that 4 links get. Only downfall that I have seen is axle rap when I launch in 3rd gear. Other than that, it has been a benefit to run leafs against all these linked rigs.

Here are flex pics with both the shooters and the t-boxes.
Attached Images

Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Now that is interesting. Thanks for the pics I appreciate them more than you think. Now the question, how much flex (inches) are you getting out of your truck? I mean I see some nice flex there but just can't determine the flex that you get. I get about 3.5 inches no shackles installed (just done the chino mod to the springs.
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Looks like you got a highlift right? Try getting the rc4wd leafspring replacements for the highlift, there supposed to be 25% softer, also what I did to my truck was flatten out the arch of the leafspring also. It helps keep it low and allows better droop.this is on a bruiser chassis but i dont have any shooter shacles or the tbox, also im using chino military wrap leaf springs, with a extra spring on top to help with not kinking the spring during full droop.

Last edited by rocksteadily; 04-14-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: oops
rocksteadily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
RCC Addict

my setup cost me almost nothing. homemade shooter shackles, antiwrap bar, stock hightlift spring.

looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote