Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: KOH honcho :D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #1

Default KOH honcho :D

so a while back i got a honcho kit and after a few days or so of body rubbing weird sounding ugly looking scale'n i decided it was time for a wee bit of change. i dont have many pics at all of how i got it here but here are jjust a few of where im at soo far...

cut lower rear links to 98mm to even up front and back.
cut every other "row" of knobs out of the prolines. bad idea dont do it. seems to slip a lot on rock but mud and water and loose terrain they are outstanding
got some 3/36th steel rod and cold bent up and brazed a tube chassis of my "likings" although some parts just couldnt please my visual taste i had to get it as good as possible and still function well.
running a semi droop setup on the stock shocks. took the smaller spring out and let it have about 1/8th - 1/4" uptravel all around for the rough hits and landings and the rest is all droop. with the suspension set as it is all the weight is really low where i wanted it. running a hand wound 20t motor with a 14t pinion and stock 87t spur. runnin the traxxas xl5 esc and a hitec 645 servo. WAS using a mini slash battery but ditched that for a ace gens 1550 mah 2cell lipo.
xl5 was cogging waaayyy too much so i tossed in the cheapest brushless crawler esc i could find in hopes of a cogg-less or cogg-free function. its the 35amp crawler hobywing ezrun.. so my hopes werent soo high for it. then got a cheap brushless "tacon" xxl 540 1200kv brushless "crawler" motor and prayed for the best and soo far i love it!of course the drag brake dealio comes up but its not getting comped of course so idc. works great. smooth as hell. and the motor and esc after 5 hours of constant bashing didnt get hot at ALL. best 50 bucks ive ever spent! anyways heres some pics

vv only pic of it thats stock. like i said i didnt have it very long before that changed lol

was goin to go for the blacke dout look but the electronics wires killed the look so i said screw it and threw some obnoxious panels on it

thats about it for now. gonna put lights and everything on it in the light hoop on top. chassis is a direct bolt up to stock scx10 skid and everything. nothing had to be modified to fit. i can swap back to stock at any time needed
dschaetzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links