Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Neoakaj's ultimate scale Bronco build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Neoakaj's ultimate scale Bronco build

I am starting a Bronco build that was a long time coming for me. For those who dont know me, up until last year I had a very VERY sweet 71 Bronco. I was somewhat forced to sell it due to an injury I sustained at work and needed some cash fast. I am not set in my finances to build another one, however I can build a replica in 1:10 scale I also owned a 75 Bronco that I build from the ground up, it started as a shell and a 9inch rear axle. The 75 rolled on I70 in 2006, then in 2007 I bought the 71 and built it using the good parts from the 75. So there is my story.

This replica will take what I had on my Bronco scaled down as well as the couple items I had planned for the Bronco(paint work mostly)

Here are a couple pics of my 71

And a couple of my 75 before its roll over

And my 75 after the roll over
doesnt look bad but it was BAD.....I can say I owe my life to Protofab4x4

Now about the build.
I will use a Proline Bronco body
custom bumpers from DHfab
SCX10 chassis
Sidewinder ESC

Thats all I have picked out at this moment but as things fall into place I will add to the list.

Thank you and hope to have a good build!
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I doubt he was wheelin on I70. Nice bronco to bad you had to sell it.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I rolled because I was driving to fast on ice..... 3 and 1/2 over, landed on my roof. If it wasnt because of the protofab roll cage I would be without a head. Dumb move by me....

I just ordered some parts for the build. I have a couple sets of Axial light buckets coming as well as a SCX kit for the chassis and tranny.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
RCC Addict

That was a cool Bronco Jason
Was that a Tom's Bronco Parts front bumper?
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tw!ll View Post
That was a cool Bronco Jason
Was that a Tom's Bronco Parts front bumper?
Its a protofab but I believe thats what Toms sells. From what I remember, Toms and Wild Horses sell the protofab and James Duff has there own inhouse style. This is also the front I am going to see if you can build for me if you ever get time. Otherwise the XJ ones will do pretty good on there
Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Any suggestions on wheels. I thought the RC4WD landies would look ok with the paint I am going with, or I thought I could get flashy and go with the new Vanquish 1.9s
Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakaj View Post
Its a protofab but I believe thats what Toms sells. From what I remember, Toms and Wild Horses sell the protofab and James Duff has there own inhouse style. This is also the front I am going to see if you can build for me if you ever get time. Otherwise the XJ ones will do pretty good on there
Gotcha, Tom's is just a couple miles from me. At least 3 of the employees have that bumper on their rigs. I'll have lots of reference material
@tw!ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tw!ll View Post
Gotcha, Tom's is just a couple miles from me. At least 3 of the employees have that bumper on their rigs. I'll have lots of reference material
Awesome, the only thing I would be after different is to have the wench mounted on a plate and not down low in the bumper like that one. Unless we did some kind of plate as to put a hawse fairlead on.... But thats something for another day and another conversation

Last edited by neoakaj; 04-24-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
RCC Addict

that was a good looking B2 hope everything works out for you and you get your 1:10 done soon.cant wait to see it.going with the same color?i kinda like it.it is different.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsonoma View Post
that was a good looking B2 hope everything works out for you and you get your 1:10 done soon.cant wait to see it.going with the same color?i kinda like it.it is different.
No I am going with a different paint job for this one. I am going to paint it the way I wanted to paint my 1:1
Old 04-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Being a Bronco lover and owning a 73' 1:1 ranger edition thats been in my family since new it actually made me sick to my stomache seeing that last pic. What a beautiful rig. That paint job on your 75 is defiantly unique. What size lift and tires are you running on the 75? The stance that thing sits at is perfect. Not too tall and not too short........just perfect. Mine actually sits in Montrose Colorado not too far from you waiting for me to get back from Japan and get to work on it again.

I cant wait to see the build you have in store. Good luck and enjoy.
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrydr2000 View Post
Being a Bronco lover and owning a 73' 1:1 ranger edition thats been in my family since new it actually made me sick to my stomache seeing that last pic. What a beautiful rig. That paint job on your 75 is defiantly unique. What size lift and tires are you running on the 75? The stance that thing sits at is perfect. Not too tall and not too short........just perfect. Mine actually sits in Montrose Colorado not too far from you waiting for me to get back from Japan and get to work on it again.

I cant wait to see the build you have in store. Good luck and enjoy.
It had a 5 inch wild horses lift with a 2 inch body lift. The tires are 35s on 15 wheels. I went for this set up for the stance it gave me. I will say this, the 75 has new life, A good friend of mine bought it off me and has been restoring it. The 71 also is doing good, I see it time to time around town here.

After doing a lot of thinking I decided to paint this first one I build like a Bill Stroppe as thats what I was going to do with the 71. After that I may take on a second Bronco using Wraith axles and paint it like my old 75.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I picked out some wheels, either the Dick Cepeks from RC4WD or the new Vanquish 1.9s in silver....I am leaning to the Cepeks, any thoughts?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

The Dick Cepek Torque wheels are sweet but the new DC2 wheels they are releasing soon are going to be even better. If you can I would hold out for those. Either way a branded set of wheels and tires is always nicer. Its nice to see that real name on the side of the tires and on the center caps of the wheels. Just my 2 cents
drtrydr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtrydr2000 View Post
The Dick Cepek Torque wheels are sweet but the new DC2 wheels they are releasing soon are going to be even better. If you can I would hold out for those. Either way a branded set of wheels and tires is always nicer. Its nice to see that real name on the side of the tires and on the center caps of the wheels. Just my 2 cents
I haven't seen them yet, but im a ways away for wheels right now so ill wait and see
Old 04-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Default Pic Update

WOrking on the body, got some paint sprayed out

Old 04-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Default Update time

Here is an update. I got the body painted and am working on the light buckets.

I am still waiting on a couple more sets of light buckets before im finished with this point.

And something to really set this off!!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #18

This is probably a dumb question, but bear with me...
Where did you source the light buckets, and which Bronco body is that? I'm seriously considering doing on myself can't help but love 'em.
SwapmeetWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #19

Going for the 1976 "Spirit Of America" red, white and blue look?
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakaj View Post
Now about the build.
I will use a Proline Bronco body
custom bumpers from DHfab
SCX10 chassis
Sidewinder ESC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwapmeetWillie View Post
This is probably a dumb question, but bear with me...Where did you source the light buckets, and which Bronco body is that? I'm seriously considering doing on myself can't help but love 'em.
Quoted from post #1...you gotta read too...don't just look at all the purty pitchurs!
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote