Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: KOH Jeep

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default KOH Jeep

This is just gonna be a trail rig but the style seems to fit me. Chassis was built by Trenton @ MG200 sent him a pic and asked him to build it as close as possible. This is really my first build thread so here goes.

I'll let the pics speak:

Panels are cut and ready for paint and I'm prepping the tube chassis for paint. I'm using mineral spirts and gloves to clean and Rust-Oleum primer and flat black spray paint. Thinking I'm gonna paint the panels a dark metallic blue.
xigtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Chassis & Tubework Vendor

Nice job on the panels
MG200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Looks great is it possible to get a few measurements. I'd like to compare its size to my KOH/trail jeep. I'm curious about chassis width and overall height of the chassis. I like the front end too. What wheels are they?
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
Looks great is it possible to get a few measurements. I'd like to compare its size to my KOH/trail jeep. I'm curious about chassis width and overall height of the chassis. I like the front end too. What wheels are they?

Overall length is same as the the scx10 frame....not sure on height/width...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
Width at it widest is 6 5/16, height is5 1/4 Wheels are RC4WD Mojave but I've got new CAC One9 Six spokes waiting on weight and I got new Pro-Line TSL and I'll probably send them to a buddy for some modificiation.

I busted my butt lastnight painting and assembling this so sorry for the lame thread. Went to a Scale Trail Runners gtg @ Fall Creek Falls TN! Here's a couple of pics from today:

It was a blast and handled surprisingly well, need some more speed and new tires installed

I have one question, I'm running the LRP crawler combo and I'm trying to figure out the gearing I need to run. Its good at slow stuff but it doesn't have enough pep. What size pinion would ya'll suggest? I'm runninig a 20 t and the stock spur gear.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'm running a 35t motor a 18t pinion and 87t spur on 3s it's plenty fast enough. I was running a 84t spur but the motor was getting hot. It still gets warm but not as quickly. Hopefully that helps you, thanks for the measurements its pretty much the exact same size as mine which I'm glad to see more rigs not scaled down.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

This is a very nice rig. The color combo works great. Of course, the chassis looks like a typical Trenton job, meaning it's outstanding tube work. Great job on this build.
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the comments. I like the color but I hate how it shows every single battle scar. I maybe going back to a brushed setup, don't care for my setup anymore
Old 05-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #9

Looks awesome! Have you though about putting a lexan interior in?
Old 05-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG200 View Post
Looks awesome! Have you though about putting a lexan interior in?
I've got an old CGR body laying around and I thought about doing that. Probably do it when I get a chance.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Well I cut that ol body up. Threw some 2.2 on and got my winch working thanks to Heyok and I got a new esc motor setup. Gonna stick with 1.9's though. Got some swampers that I'm gonna get worked on.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #12

That looks awesome! I like the interior, makes it look so much better. You won't be disappointed with the TSL's.