Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: MONGO - built specifically to steal exotic cars off a speeding train

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #421
Rock Crawler

Default Re: MONGO - built specifically to steal exotic cars off a speeding train

I have to sub to this! Are you making an attachable fold down car bridge for the left side of the rig?
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #422
Rock Crawler

Default Re: MONGO - built specifically to steal exotic cars off a speeding train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisbaby View Post
I'm not going to say anything... Nothing can be said... except

How are you driving the hydraulic system? In the clips I think I hear a servo, but would you be so kind and show us a close up of the steering system...
Its driven by a servo via a slave/master setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by z50king View Post
I have to sub to this! Are you making an attachable fold down car bridge for the left side of the rig?
No plans to add the bridge because I want to keep the side rails of the bed smooth/clean so it slides over obstacle easily. The hinge area of the bridge, as per the movie truck, protrudes out and would grab obstacles at every opportunity. I thought about hinging it inboard but I will deferr to a tangent idea.... to come later *hint* it involves an animal
prifral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #423
Quarry Creeper

Sick...totally sick. I love all the little details as much as the processes involved in building this beast. Wish I had half your skills.
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #424
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prifral View Post
Its driven by a servo via a slave/master setup

No plans to add the bridge because I want to keep the side rails of the bed smooth/clean so it slides over obstacle easily. The hinge area of the bridge, as per the movie truck, protrudes out and would grab obstacles at every opportunity. I thought about hinging it inboard but I will deferr to a tangent idea.... to come later *hint* it involves an animal
Does a dinosaur count as an "animal"? I totally see a Jurassic park like scene with a cage full of raptors or a t-rex in the back lol.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #425
Rock Crawler

Man totally missed this build... last time i was watching it was on like page three! Looks awesome as all your builds do!
murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #426
Quarry Creeper

when you going testing again? would love to see this thing in person!
JS412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #427
I wanna be Dave

X2???!!!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #428
Quarry Creeper

Oh man I so meed a steering setup like that for my Jeep! How much! Lol. well done
matt_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #429
Rock Crawler

hate to do this to a sealed vintage but....

Found a tiny dent on the rod when I was inspecting the hydro system so I decided to rip it apart and turn a new rod. Stainless this time

turned and lapped

back together (defective one below - black sharpie marks the dent)

Gonna try a new hose: Abrasion-Resistant White ETFE to be exact. Pricey stuff but this should withstand the pressure better and not "balloon" under load.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #430
Rock Crawler

Mongo and Chuck Norris = Unbeatable combination.

Gotta see the sekitei somersault action!

Last edited by Modbug; 05-19-2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: forgot
Modbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #431
RCC Addict

Chuck Norris ftw!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #432
I wanna be Dave

Chuck Norris doesn't drive the Mongo. Mongo lets Chuck Norris sit in the driver's seat and touch the steering wheel. Let's keep in mind who is awesome...and who is awesomer.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #433
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

Who else but Chuck Norris could drive this rig? I can't believe I never saw this until today. I literally drained an entire battery in my tablet reading this entire thread. I'm not sure what the hell I've been doing all this time with scale builds, but I have to go smash them all now. This work you're doing on this crawler is just masterful art. Nothing I can say will be a complement enough. Now I have to share this with everyone I know.
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #434
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXXMASHER View Post
Who else but Chuck Norris could drive this rig? I can't believe I never saw this until today. I literally drained an entire battery in my tablet reading this entire thread. I'm not sure what the hell I've been doing all this time with scale builds, but I have to go smash them all now. This work you're doing on this crawler is just masterful art. Nothing I can say will be a complement enough. Now I have to share this with everyone I know.
Exactly how I feel everytime I go crawling with this guy....lol.

Awesome how Chuck fits in the cab perfectly, no cut limbs or anything needed...its like it was meant to be
Old 05-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #435
I wanna be Dave

so much awesome going on in this build!
great job

any videos yet?
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #436
Rock Stacker

Check post #422.

Great build by the way
sirhc0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #437
Quarry Creeper

for your hydro hoses, try ti find a tube or wrap for the hoses that looks like steel braided lines. will make it look more scale and protect the lines from "stuff"
Koldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #438
Rock Crawler

I am speechless. This is absolutely amazing work, the quality is second to none. The tube work alone is enough to make peeople drool then you added the interior and really set it off. Keep up the great work and inspiration for us all.
I can't wait for the next round of updates to come in.

--Dan
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #439
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldham View Post
for your hydro hoses, try ti find a tube or wrap for the hoses that looks like steel braided lines. will make it look more scale and protect the lines from "stuff"
great idea - for now while I try out the new hose I'll wrap it in black heat shrink tubing.

Chuck is strapped in and with some careful heating and reheating with a heat gun his feet, arms & hands were bent/manipulated and are right where they should be now

Fuel jug mounts

SHovel mount
Old 05-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #440

U are the man, my hero of RC and fabrication, you've set the bar so high, I've just been in the hobby for a couple of months and I see this and, think: why haven't I done this stuff before.

Again, u're my hero, I need to see more videos and pics of this exact replica of the Mongo from F5.
EdWRX is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/332988-mongo-built-specifically-steal-exotic-cars-off-speeding-train.html
Posted By For Type Date
TIMBERJACK 480B DEBUSQUEUR This thread Refback 03-01-2013 05:51 AM
"Mongo" - page 3 This thread Refback 03-01-2013 03:38 AM
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-17-2013 08:33 AM