Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: SCX10 Ford F350 Crew cab build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default SCX10 Ford F350 Crew cab build

Hi everyone been working on my new build, I'm taking a stock RTR Honcho and adding my Tamiya F350 all custom built extended Crew Cab. I'll have more pics soon. Parts I have on order are K & S aluminum tubing (stock# 3031), some 8-32
all thread and some Traxxas Rod ends part# 5347 and some extra Axial Drive Shafts. I need to lengthen my wheelbase by about 2 1/2" to fit the body as seen in these pics.

RCBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Killer looking ford!! Should look good when you extend the wb and maybe lower it. Looks good man!!
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Body looks good! I'd drop it and yes extend the chassis rails after the bend at the back. The rear bumper looks good! Did you make that? If you haven't seen my big Ford, check my signature. Pm with any questions.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #4

Man I need to get a ford body for my honcho.
beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks yes I plan on dropping it extending the chassis and making my own custom links. What shafts do you use BTW I like the chrome look and I'll defently need an extended rear drive shaft for my rig when I get too the modding of it all. I wish I could take credit for the tube work but no, a local gentelman has a huge part of it. I met him throught my place of work. He does really good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Body looks good! I'd drop it and yes extend the chassis rails after the bend at the back. The rear bumper looks good! Did you make that? If you haven't seen my big Ford, check my signature. Pm with any questions.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I used rc4wd punisher shafts. Just make sure you measure correctly and get the right output shaft diameter...5mm for axial. Also, I do believe that you should grind some material off the end of the shafts to have it sit better on the axial ouputs...even read that on a rc4wd post for mating axial and punisher shafts. Word of caution, measure the shafts needed carefully, I emailed them and had a problem, the length they mentioned was not correct. Example, if the shaft had a working length from 6.25 to 7.25, it only left about 1/2 inch of inner shaft inside the outer shaft...not good. I emailed them and they sent me out a new length, but don't know if they fixed it on the website. I would measure, remeasure and verify with them to make sure what you ask for will work.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

BTW Bulldog your dualy is awesome! I'll look into the Punisher shafts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
I used rc4wd punisher shafts. Just make sure you measure correctly and get the right output shaft diameter...5mm for axial. Also, I do believe that you should grind some material off the end of the shafts to have it sit better on the axial ouputs...even read that on a rc4wd post for mating axial and punisher shafts. Word of caution, measure the shafts needed carefully, I emailed them and had a problem, the length they mentioned was not correct. Example, if the shaft had a working length from 6.25 to 7.25, it only left about 1/2 inch of inner shaft inside the outer shaft...not good. I emailed them and they sent me out a new length, but don't know if they fixed it on the website. I would measure, remeasure and verify with them to make sure what you ask for will work.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #8

Hey whats up man, I'm the guy who sold you the body... look at my only thread if you don't believe me.
Travis149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #9

Default Re: SCX10 Ford F350 Crew cab build

Could you show how you mounted your f350 body to the scx10?

Would help me a lot!
BruinsLegend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #10

Default Re: SCX10 Ford F350 Crew cab build

Hey, nice looking body and soon to be rig. I am doing a extended cab dually on and SCX10 frame with a four link in the rear. Lots of fun.
Kaf343 is offline   Reply With Quote