Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Crew cab Ford

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 09:13 PM   #1

Talking Crew cab Ford

so im thinking about starting a crew cab from scratch out of a scx10 frame and here are the parts i want to put on it. trex axels, r2 heavy duty tranny killer transfer case. but not sure on the electronics. I was wondering if you could match the tranny up with the transfer case like a real truck. and i was also wondering if you could run 2.2 wheels on a 1.9 tire. Comments would be much appreciated.
Diesiel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Before you get too far ordering parts, I'd think long and hard about how it's all going to come together. A custom build is going to take some engineering. If you don't have something to copy, you're going to find yourself stuck. Spend some time searching the build threads and look at what they've done. Google the crap out of any possible combination and see what you get. I suffered through my crewcab, and lucked out...everything came together well, but not without a ton of leftover parts and a bucket of headaches. Markturbo has a killer crewcab, and badbko has a bunch too. We've all done different things with different parts. As for 2.2 wheels with 1.9 tires...you might be able to do it, but if you want beadlocks, it will be a total pain in the azz. Are you trying to get scale 22" wheels? I stretched my 1.55 iroks over 1.9 double troubles, but that was easy. Check out my signature if you haven't seen it, and pm with any questions.

By the way, if you pm'd me before, I apologize, I get a lot of questions about the dually and lose track about who I've talked to!

Last edited by Bulldog; 11-30-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #3

i want the mickey thompson side biter 2.2 wheels on some 1.9 nine swampers or baja claws but im not sure if these would fit. An i must say your truck is really bad @$$ im going to say it took a long time and alot of money. Im only 15 so money will be a issue because i cant get a job yet and i want to spend money on wheels and tires. but i dont know very many good options that are strong yet cheap.
Diesiel man is offline   Reply With Quote