Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: project slow n steady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default project slow n steady

body and wheels just for reference so not just a chassis pictured. anyways this is going to be the start to this build called "slow n steady" because thats how this rigs going to run and thats how its going to get built-ill only be able to add something to it every other week or so

greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: project slow n steady

ok so small update...all mounts for leaf springs are on...i got 3/4ths of them with the chassis for a great deal from a local scale guy here in vegas and the rest i hand fabbed out of a titan 12t motor heatsink...same gauge thickness and quite tuff at the small size they are....anywho i set by this sunday eve before i go to bed ill have leaf springs and shocks ordered(((hopefully a trans to if my message makes it to wheelinjk in time,lol)))

found a full set of polished 100mm internal sping scale shocks on ebay and if thoes go for too much ill order 2 sets of 100mm hot racing internal spring shocks((just buyitnows 20 a set and dont look too bad)) and was going for rc4wd soft red leafs but found some cheap f350 a parts leafs that should work just as good only using that part. ill get some pics once items start going on witch will be by this time next week.

next step ill be going trex 60s on this build cause they just look killer and ill fab the leaf mounts myself
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

order update.

so i did get the hr 100mm internal air spring shocks-should be here in a day or 2
got the a parts f350 leaf springs-phills hobbyshop ebay-think they sold me an out of stock item like they are known for doing

also was only goin to order suspension items but couldnt resist the t rex 60s want2crawl2 had for sale on here-thoes bad boys should be here in a few days also

so the f350 leafs will only be for mock so i didnt have to spend 30 on the rc4wd soft red springs but once i order thoes the f350 springs will go on a double axle trailer ive got cooked up in my head.

next ill find a ax/scx10 tranny then decide the length of shafts i need---then ill have a roller(((minus the tires/wheels)))
Old 03-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Off to a good start! Seems you've really been bittin by the scaler bug.
OSRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Off to a good start! Seems you've really been bittin by the scaler bug.
well i bought my first cc01 in like sept.2011//////my second cc01 in dec. 2011...

and yeah ive got the need to make something a little better..

and weve got the scale club in vegas now and comp wise the cc is pretty ruff

and on to this build update...

my hot racing 100mm internal air shocks came in last week...i like them

t-rex 60s made it this morning-bought here off rcc....im going to rip them apart and lube them with the marine grease i like to use...came with servo mount so im happy...also came with alum. lower 4 link mounts witch ill save incase i want to use them but this will be a leafed truck so no need

dont mind the rear leaf mounts--thoes are what i made myself and they still need to hit the grinder yet

and servo i had layin around ill use hitec digital hs 5645 mg

i found a r2 1:1 disco trans id really like even though this is a scaler and well see if anyone wants it more then me when it ends in a day....

id run it just 4x4 but i most likely would hook up a servo to it for dig just for the hell of it

still waiting phillshobbyshop for my leaf springs

Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

well did the axle relube---basically new inside but the lube wasnt what i prefer....so did it my way

oh,,,and im still stumped on how a person who buys an rtr rig and changes up the body gets more views/talked about then a real build like im doing....just sayin

didnt know thats what its about...lmfao
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Build is looking good greg, what body will you be running?
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
Build is looking good greg, what body will you be running?
thanks earl,,,,was planning a f250 superduty but not 100 percent yet
Old 03-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

got some goodies ordered so i can get a roller goin and then start thinkin of a body to do

axial trans
45t motor rc4wd
tires off brand 108mm..same i had on my cc-01 just not the 96mm
red leafs
easy leaf mount kit for t rex
wheels hummer style
steering linkage for t rex
esc rc4wd

so ill be watching the mail box next week. everythings from us but the tires

only thing missing will be the punisher shafts...thoes come last as ive gotta make my own tranny plate and not sure how ill mount it yet for length of shafts
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Re: project slow n steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
oh,,,and im still stumped on how a person who buys an rtr rig and changes up the body gets more views/talked about then a real build like im doing....just sayin

didnt know thats what its about...lmfao
That's what I'm sayin, you gotta be somebody important to get views and comments. Btw, you doin great, keep it up.
swezy207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by swezy207 View Post
That's what I'm sayin, you gotta be somebody important to get views and comments. Btw, you doin great, keep it up.
thanks man....yeah i just noticed that the other day to....youve either gotta be a 1200 poster or just buy an rtr take some pics of it change the tires and call it custom

yupp
Old 03-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

well a bunch of stuff came in today so when i got home from the races i had to just tear into it and get it installed....

on to the pics

so i checked and the axial trans will be here monday so then the fun begins with fab

as of now its at just a hair under 11 in wheelbase
Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

trans came in today....thought i was going to have to fab a thick plate for it for mounting but actually just turned it sideways and it mounted rite to the chassis rail.....so that means all i need then is a thin aluminum to make a skid under there.... so before i order shafts im just goin to run to the lhs and maybe just find some traxxas shafts thatll fit so i dont have to spend 60 bucks for punisher shafts yet...

also scored some sticky wheel weights from my mechanic so wheels are weighted.....

ill make up a mount for the servo later today and if i get shafts i can test it out((((tireless)))) maybe theyll be here first thing next week..

and still thinkin on a body

Old 03-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

traxxas shafts will work...just have to drill out on the axial trans....already cut out but need to drill the mount that the servo mount will mount to...

and realized the bigffot tires and wheels that the pink rc in the background is sitting on are 12mm hex so i will have a short test drive video by the end of the day

Old 03-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggreg2011 View Post
and im still stumped on how a person who buys an rtr rig and changes up the body gets more views/talked about then a real build like im doing....just sayin
So far all I've seen here is talking and assembling premade parts...just sayin.

Let the nutswingers swing on the RTR's. This isn't a popularity contest anyway.

If it were me, I'd stick with the Traxxas shafts. Put the metal yokes on it and they're plenty strong.

DO NOT drill a hole through the outputs on the transmission. They're already weak enough as it is, adding a hole will diminish their already miserably short lives.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
So far all I've seen here is talking and assembling premade parts...just sayin.

Let the nutswingers swing on the RTR's. This isn't a popularity contest anyway.

If it were me, I'd stick with the Traxxas shafts. Put the metal yokes on it and they're plenty strong.

DO NOT drill a hole through the outputs on the transmission. They're already weak enough as it is, adding a hole will diminish their already miserably short lives.

agree and disagree.....yes it is all bought preassembled parts but far from an rtr...almost 1/2 of the leaf spring shackles were done by me-you cant just buy them because i made them here in my work spot...they arent pretty yet because everything is still in moch mod((untill now where i can put everything on since it runs smooth....trans is sidways mounted and i will be adding a cut by me mount for it for the durability factor that only half the trans actually mounted to the chassis lined up.....the mount that the servo mount mounts to was cut and bent like me---yes ugly now but like i said still was in put to gether mode...now that it works i can make it perty.......yes i could have made a chassis myself for that custom factor.........

and i dont have a problem with an rtr and just doin whatever so dont think that........

but yes in my honest opinion starting from the ground up meaning nothing and having to look at items that will work or your able to fab yourself is alot different then buying something you can stick a battery in and drive....

but anyways i dont really care about all that noise i was just a lil boozed up that nite so dont hate me..

i did decide against drillin the trans as as i looked at it i thought just what you said...too weak so dug out a matched thread screw to flush with the flat spot....did have to drill out the back of the yoke on the axle end though to line up the hole

but anyways short vid of it just runnin on carpet....other tires way to wide...but it works no binds....so i can set everything up and threadlock it in and wait for my tires and start thinkin on a body

check my crappy vid oh yeah it works - YouTube

Old 03-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

so put electronics in their places--still going to wire a better batt conector and extend the wire to the front of the chassis as it will be lipo powered and ive got to cut and bend a batt holder for it yet......the nimh batts on each side will be for weight and to power lights.......checked ebay and my tires went through nyny yesterday so really hoping they come sat so i can take this out for a test sunday....................i still have no ider on a body yet....really thinkin a may have to build a stiy body....

but for now im hackin this 1 up and goin to crap start paint tonight.....just had to cut the rear fenders and slid em forward....

just going to paint entire truck windows and all the solid camo green paint color...thatll dry and ill tape windows and stripe it with the brown color...quickly add some lights up front((((crapily,lol)))

and figure a body out over the next couple weeks

Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

first real test vid temp body...sorry was spose to be 20 percent background music and 80 truck noise but dont know what happened

1st test rc4wd t-finder based 1.9 scaler - YouTube

project slow n steady - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Blacksheep's Honcho build (slow and steady) The-Blacksheep Axial SCX-10 9 01-18-2012 04:53 PM
Slow steady Losi MRC Build up GhettoFabwork Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 04-12-2011 07:21 PM
LNC slow but steady build sl0wkarate Team Losi Comp Crawler 44 01-12-2011 10:55 PM
Project Slow Comanche 87Warrior Axial SCX-10 9 11-09-2010 07:05 PM