Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: The Mule 77 F150

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Like the way you think man! I'd do the same but don't have enuff rc's to take a break from the others. How'd you attach the cage to the body?
railripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: The Mule 77 F150

Thats awesome maybe next time ill get to see it in person. Im also about to start a bronco build.
herman712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #63
RCC Addict

I cut the bed off, then made a cab back and shoe-gooed it to the cab. Then I just screwed the cage onto the cab just like a Honcho. Took some tweakin here and there to get right but it works. I then ShoeGooed some lexan onto the insides of the bedsides and drilled holes in it so that the screws holding the diamond plate to the cage now also hold the bedsides on. On the new stepside bedsides, I just left enough of the bedcover on to use as my bracket. I also glued some styrene tubing to the top to make the lip of the bed look more correct. I like the way it turned out. Now I just gotta figure out a tailgate and some square tailight housings!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Pix! Haha
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #65
RCC Addict

I believe I put pics of the straight bed on earlier in the thread, the new bed doesnt have any magic to it lol, its out in the open. More pics will come around when I finally get it runnin again and start abusing it. Hopefully soon!
Matt
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
I cut the bed off, then made a cab back and shoe-gooed it to the cab. Then I just screwed the cage onto the cab just like a Honcho. Took some tweakin here and there to get right but it works. I then ShoeGooed some lexan onto the insides of the bedsides and drilled holes in it so that the screws holding the diamond plate to the cage now also hold the bedsides on. On the new stepside bedsides, I just left enough of the bedcover on to use as my bracket. I also glued some styrene tubing to the top to make the lip of the bed look more correct. I like the way it turned out. Now I just gotta figure out a tailgate and some square tailight housings!
Matt
I just did the same with mine but a lil different as I'm not using the stock diamond plate on the cage. Trying to make it a lil different from yours. Thanks for the write up on how ya did it!:thumbup:
Old 12-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #67
RCC Addict

I've checked yours out and like it a lot! I wanna build another one of these bodies with a simple roll/light bar and a drop bed one day! This one will get a tailgate and then I'll do a one piece bed cover with the tire open. Right now I'm finishing up waterproofing so I can run the rig hard like I like to, regardless of conditions.
Matt
Old 12-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #68
RCC Addict

The TowerPro servo just wasnt cuttin it in the Courier so I robbed it out and put it in the Mule. I got an AE2 and BEC from Jmel and got the 20t Wraith motor back in running order. Took the tranny apart and cleared out the debris that was causin some issues and she was alive!!! Had a couple minutes to get out of the house between Christmas shopping and preparing for company Sat and decided to remind myself why I loved the Mule so much...and remind me it did and then some!!!

She handled everything I threw at her and then some. I took the electronics all out when I got home and have then waterproofed and ready to take on anything I come across. Im gonna try to work on some lights, an interior and finish up the bed when I get a chance. Till then I plan to crawl it as often as I can. I tried to break out Sunday for a bit as well but was overwhelmed with these stupid things called responsibilities...what a CROCK lol
Matt
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Damn, that is one ugly truck. I love it
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #70

x2! i've been watching this truck since the beginning, love the updates
pwraddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I've checked yours out and like it a lot! I wanna build another one of these bodies with a simple roll/light bar and a drop bed one day! This one will get a tailgate and then I'll do a one piece bed cover with the tire open. Right now I'm finishing up waterproofing so I can run the rig hard like I like to, regardless of conditions.
Matt
Mine originally had this simple drop bed you speak of...I used a Proline floor pan and built the drop bed around the wheel wells, came out pretty good. But then I got a dumb idea to do a flatbed, which ended up being too narrow but perfect for a clod cab. Now, thanks to you, you gave me an idea I could use to bring my beloved Ford back! I used to own an old 78' Ford a few years back cept it wasn't as beat up as the model haha..I miss that truck.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #72
RCC Addict

Yeah I miss my 77 alot and always have my eye out for another but a 4x4 this time around. Im gonna chance this bed up alot one day, especially since the step sides are longer than the honcho bed so Ill either toss together a longer diamond plate for it or change it up entirely...not sure just yet. Here is the latest work Ive done to it tho!

Added some junkyard goodies to the Mule and slicked out a fender with some OD Green. New(er) slightly less rusty hood from the white truck I pulled the fender and door from. Its still rough but at least its not rusted thru completely.

I also snagged a mirror off another truck. Shame I couldn't find a drivers side to match but it'll do for now.

Found some OD Green layin around from painting my 77 long ed (literally) and hit up the only good fender on this thing. Looks good and the rust is stopped for now.

Got the tailgate that came with the bed and added some width, painted the new sections and primed the welds the best I can to fight rust. Took some primer to the bad rust spots and will clean up the others another time.

Need to put together some latches but the chains will hold it together till then

Also need some tailights to make it street legal but till then I'll have to hand signal my intentions lol

Matt
Old 12-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #73
RCC Addict

wow. this truck is amzing. in such awe i can't even spell amazing rright... lol, there is another...
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:

ok matt, not tryin to start contriversy, but aren't these the same rocks at your loacal city park that me and a few others posted up bout this time last year that you and jmel got your panties in a wad about, and said that there was signs that said stay on the trails, and told us that we weren't suppose to be there?
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Nope, these are legal and open to any and all! Its a mix of the frisby golf course and the creek bed by the parkin lot NOT the creek bed leading out of the park and onto private property. I said it once and I'll stick to it, crawling on private property without permission isn't my cup of tea, especially when there is so much better to crawl in the same park without trespassing. Next time your around I'll show you the good spots and see if you don't agree.

Back on topic, got some work done this morning but I'll have to wait till I get to work to post pics. I'm workin on some scale touches and some lights. Nothing special, especially compared to most of the builds around Herr but I'm having fun!
Matt

Last edited by 66sprint6; 01-01-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Here are the pics. The rear tailights are from an RPM kit that is for the Slash I believe. I made some tweaks, drilled a mounting hole out the side, cut the tip off a 5mm LED (so it would fit) and pushed its wires thru the side mounting hole, colored the inside of the housing silver, colored the lens for the backup light and added a side reflector. I then ran the wires thru a hole in the bedside and ShoeGooed it all together. I did it this way in hopes of bein able to abuse it and not loose em...we shall see!!!

I then turned my attention to the grill and after drilling a couple holes and not being super happy, I decided to cut the grill up.

My plan is super simple, just get some black styrene and put it behind the grill sections I left alone. I will then put the lights in and the grill stickers. This will be strong, and have a more 3D look which will work for now.

Matt
Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #77
RCC Addict

cant wait to see hopw that grill turns out
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Its coming along slowly...I'm kinda wingin it tho, making crap up as I go along but that seems to be the story of this rig anyways lol. I'll hopefully have it roughed out tonight and closer to complete this weekend.
Matt
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #79
RCC Addict

i have always loved the 77 grill! Hope it comes out nice!
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #80

Looks great love that body style
bigcisd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Mule 77 F150 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My sons ax10 'test mule' Hulksta Axial AX-10 Scorpion 11 02-19-2012 09:23 PM
project rock mule shrek Tamiya Clod Buster 4 02-27-2006 06:56 AM
El Mule crawls neakid! Highmark Videos! 2 09-26-2004 12:37 PM