RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Jeep tj newbright trail rig (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/420449-jeep-tj-newbright-trail-rig.html)

brentjeep 01-01-2013 08:20 PM

Jeep tj newbright trail rig

10 Attachment(s)
This build starts with a Newbright Tj which my neighbour was throwing out, i started my build from the chassis of a RC4WD trail finder jeep edition, it started with leaf springs and i was not very impressed with them so i tore it down and built it up using custom axle mounts and 4-linked it. The 4-link bar is made out of brake line and metal braised to it, the axle mounts are homemade aswell, the coil overs are from a scx-10 honcho. The transfer case is RC4WD, and is connected to a Novak Goat system. The receiver is Traxxas 2.4GHZ 4 channel, the transmitter is modified with a 3 position switch to control the 3racing winch, the other channel is connected to the led lights which are mounted on the winch plate which is also custom made. The front bumper is based off an RC4WD bumper with plates mounted into it and a grill surround has been added onto it. i made the shackle mounts out of metal and put them thru the back of the bumper. The flares on the jeep have been cut to resemble bushwhacker flat flares and i built smittybilt tub mount sliders with rock rails out of metal and brakeline 3/16. The roll cage is made out of 3/16 brake line aswell, with little gussets JB-welded into place. The rear bumper is an RC4WD which is not modified at all. i also made a belly pan skid plate and a gas tank out of metal. the jeep has a magna flow exhaust system which i made out of brake line and flat metal. As far as the interior goes, most of the stuff is proline but i did make some little personal touches, gauges on the dash, optima battery, shifter knob from a pin, transfer case handle from axial, steering wheel from axial, and some painted diamond plate flooring in the back of the jeep.

thanks for reading!!!!! enjoy the jeep! let me know what you think!!!!!

jeeper03 01-01-2013 09:26 PM

Re: Jeep tj newbright trail rig

Nice work!

brentjeep 01-02-2013 01:37 PM

thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!! it took me awhile but it finally came together, first scale build. im doing a full metal wraith as my next project.

neilus 01-02-2013 02:38 PM

Looks good. Just starting a TJ myself.

What did you make the gear shifter from?

brentjeep 01-02-2013 05:52 PM

just took a pin and painted it and painted the gear shift pattern onto it. let me know what forum your starting? i would like to see your build, i lost all my build pictures and dont have em.

old man 52 01-02-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentjeep (Post 4103389)
just took a pin and painted it and painted the gear shift pattern onto it. let me know what forum your starting? i would like to see your build, i lost all my build pictures and dont have em.

Now that a steady hand."thumbsup"

brentjeep 01-02-2013 07:33 PM

thanks a lot!!!!!!! took a bit of work..