Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering!

You mean run 2 1s packs in serial so make it a 2s pack?

If thats what you mean you can get many different 1s sizes from hobbyking. Only issue is you have to solder your own wires

I hope my curent 2s and 3s batteries will fit on the sliders between the body. Fingers crossed! lol. Wish I could make the body sit just a little bit lower. still seems high to me.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Yeah that is what i mean, combine to make a 2s. I will ask my lhs owner if he can make me a few i think. I need it low.
french_connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Believe there are some vendors on here that could do that too. Let me know what you find. I'll do the same.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

This pack is already made but its a bit thick, I would like to find something not thicker than 2cm max.

Turnigy nano-tech A-SPEC 5600mah 2S 65~130C Hardcase Lipo Saddle Pack

It could be made using 2 of these packs but I am not knowledgable of LIPO and a bit scared to do it myself. (It does not rate the peak discharge for them.)

Turnigy 5000mAh 1S 40C Lipoly (Single Cell)

There is a bunch of serial plugs in the battery accessories on the site you refered me, all cheap at around 5$

What's your thoughts on these?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Yeah I'm scared about soldering lipo's myself. Do you need 5000mah? I found these to be thinner than or equal to 2cm. There are many options.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mAh 2S1P 20C
Dimensions 144x51x17mm

Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 2S 25~50C Lipo Pack

Dimensions 155x49x20mm

Also I mentioned serial if you plan to run (2) 1s packs, that way for example 1s 1000mah + 1s 1000mah = 2s 1000mah. It becomes (1) 2s 1000mah pack

If you want to run (2) 2s packs, then you need a parallel connector
2s 1000mah + 2s 1000mah = 2s 2000mah. It becomes (1) 2s 2000mah pack, it adds up the total mah.

Many combinations you can go with. I run turnigy batteries for the past two years and they haven't failed me yet *knock on wood*. ANd I've ordered them all from hobbyking and they may take a week or two since i choose the slow shipping to keep costs down when I cant find it in the US warehouse, but worth it.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Cleaned up my other JK and took some photos with the New JK, both need nicknames lol. Also messed around with the 1.55 voids/iroks I had. Dont look too bad on there.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Man, you rigs look sweet. I just picked up a NB JK and have been looking around RCC to see if anyone has used a stock SCX10 chassis.
Rcmodelex has one that fits the NB like a glove but its $140. Where did you pick up up your GCM?

BTW, ever since I saw your OD green machine at the last Mt Baldy g6 did I learn about the NB JK body.
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by z71baja View Post
Man, you rigs look sweet. I just picked up a NB JK and have been looking around RCC to see if anyone has used a stock SCX10 chassis.
Rcmodelex has one that fits the NB like a glove but its $140. Where did you pick up up your GCM?

BTW, ever since I saw your OD green machine at the last Mt Baldy g6 did I learn about the NB JK body.
Thanks!

I picked up the GCM here on the forum for about $120. You can get one from GCMracing for $160ish new. Also I have seen people use the scx10 chassis. Should be super easy if you picked up the GCM scx10 combo kit $120ish (front motor mount/steering servo mount/t-case). Otherwise you have to get creative and possibly hack up some of the interior, OR you may be able to fit/tuck the spur gear right behind the front seats which is how the OD green jeep is (but its a custom chassis, not the scx10 lol)

Yeah that baldy run was fun. Wish there were more places like that near SD. Also I really like your HIluxes, seems like you parted with one recently. How are those curries holding up? Still dont think they are worth buying for what I do. who knows. If you want any pics or have questions about either rig lemme know. Very easy since we're fellow San Diegans.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Thanks!

I picked up the GCM here on the forum for about $120. You can get one from GCMracing for $160ish new. Also I have seen people use the scx10 chassis. Should be super easy if you picked up the GCM scx10 combo kit $120ish (front motor mount/steering servo mount/t-case). Otherwise you have to get creative and possibly hack up some of the interior, OR you may be able to fit/tuck the spur gear right behind the front seats which is how the OD green jeep is (but its a custom chassis, not the scx10 lol)

Yeah that baldy run was fun. Wish there were more places like that near SD. Also I really like your HIluxes, seems like you parted with one recently. How are those curries holding up? Still dont think they are worth buying for what I do. who knows. If you want any pics or have questions about either rig lemme know. Very easy since we're fellow San Diegans.

I'm gunna try and use my scx10 chassis. If it involves too much hacking I will have to invest in a GCM.

It was hard sacrificing one of my hiluxes but I was impressed by wally101s tundra truggy that I had to have one, and now your rig.......talk about impulse builds and desires As for the curries, them baby's are keepers.....300 hundo well spent IMO. They kinda get caught up on the rocks but they look bitch'n. when you get a free moment if you can post up pics of your mounting points on both rigs I would appreciate it. Do you think I can run my scx10 drive terrain gear on the GCM chassis?

Thanks for the help bro
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #90
RCC Addict

The green JK is scx10 axles and scx10 tranny, just a custom chassis.

The orange JK is custom wraith axles, scx10 tranny and gcm tcase.

First pic is the orange jeep, currently being mounted with those 4 round earth magnets. hold it decently for light trails but if I take a tumble I'm positive it will come off. Part of that is because I didnt put the magnets directly together, one is inside the interior, the other outside....so there is a thin layer of plastic between them. If they were directly mounted to eachother it would make for a serious hold. I may have to make some lower mounts to make it so the body can sit lower and I can get two magnets directly on one another rather than separated like they are now.

The next three pics are the Green JK. The custom chassis uses the stock body posts to mount to. You can see the 2 Stainless screws in the fr*ont bumper area that hold the front of the body and then there are 2 tabs in the rear that bolt right on. Whoever made this chassis (i got it used and the previous owner didnt know who made it) put some serious thought into it and it fits great. Just wish it sat a little lower. The back looks ok, but the front there is just so much room between the fr*ont tire and the fender.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #91
RCC Addict

Torn between iroks and pitbulls. Help a guy out.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Irok for sure
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

I second that. Irok look so much meaner on your rig, the rough textured sidewalls are much better than the plain ones of the Pitbull.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Thanks, i'm leaning towards the Iroks right now in regards to looks. We will see how they perform...the pitbulls have me spoiled as of late lol.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #95
Pebble Pounder

What did you have to use for axle shafts on the centered axle?
Is the short side shaft long enough to use or do you have to use 2 long side shafts?
Unfadingpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Definitely longer than the short sides. Cut down long sides =)
Old 05-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #97
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info!
Unfadingpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #98
Pebble Pounder

So far, So SICK. Nice work.
ski29mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski29mike View Post
So far, So SICK. Nice work.
thanks! not much fab work besides the axles and the body. Still waiting on my bumpers and sliders. then out to the rocks!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Looks sick man! Nice job on those axles
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stelerzman Jk build with GCM chassis stelerzman 1.9 Scale Rigs 44 01-29-2014 07:18 PM