Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Wish I could take the credit, but they were done by scaleready not me. I'm trying to follow what he did to make another set. =)
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Default Re: NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering!

Been a bit since I updated this. Finally got my BentMetalWorks (AxialJeepster) bumpers and sliders mounted.

Need to finish up the wiring, maybe put on a sticker or two and figure out the servo winch situation. Then maybe I can get this rig some trail time.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

I missed this one! I like the wraith axles on there. I thought they'd be too wide. They look pretty good.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Thanks! But to clarify they are narrowed wraith axles to be roughly scx10 width. =)
Old 06-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Been Busy getting this ready for a meet this weekend and I think its like 99% done. Added my Servo winch and a nifty diamond plated crate in the 'trunk'.

Servo Winch is a Hitec 5645 digital servo. I turned the dead band high so it should avoid creeping. Since space was a premium I had to mount it way in the back and guide the winch line with brake line. I fund these sweet servo mounts in the classifieds that have tons of adjustability in regards to mounting options, they worked perfectly. Servo is controllded with my hacked gt3b. Was super easy to hack and works great =)

The crate is simply the hitec servo box, I had to trim it to make it fit. Then I had some scale diamond plate styrene which covers up the hitec emblem on top of the box. Its a great way to hold my R2J pull pal and my tow strap. Should have room for some other goodies. Plan to get some DSPRO Jerry cans one day and those should bolt up on the sides nicely. Anyways, on to the pics

Servo winch install

Crate pics

Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Looks killer Rich! I love what you did with the crate.
Mr.Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #107
RCC Addict

Thanks Josh, took me a minute to figure out what I wanted to do there. Since I had 4 of those boxes it was an easy decision to sacrifice. Plus the diamond plate makes it look nice =) Should have some trail shots this weekend. oO! Need to trim my CI foams to ensure a snug fit. stretching them over the lead weights is not a good thing, they tend to slip over to one side or the other when sidewalling.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Been Busy getting this ready for a meet this weekend and I think its like 99% done. Added my Servo winch and a nifty diamond plated crate in the 'trunk'.
Sweet, where are you guys gtg'ing this weekend?

creative crate idea.....plus on the diamond plate
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #109
RCC Addict

Thanks man, we are hitting up Forrest Falls on saturday. I may baby this rig on its debut run lol and bring out the tried and true OD Green JK since its beat to hell already lol.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #110
Rock Crawler

Man, this looks great! The back box! The magnet mounts! The winch! The front bumper!
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #111
ahhh S^*T

looking mighty fine there!! love the touches you put into this JK. sure is a nice on
AxialJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generis View Post
Man, this looks great! The back box! The magnet mounts! The winch! The front bumper!
Thanks! Love the GCM chassis works really well for this body. If I was running scx10 axles I may have had to get the pan hard kit too.

The magnets work really well and keep the body free from body posts and holes, I can pick the rig up from the body and the chassis stays attached for the most part. It will come undone if the body slides front to back (x-axis being parallel with the ground), as magnets are only strong when they are facing on another (y-axis). With that in mind I added some more mounts that use hardware to hold the body since if the fenders/body run into something it may knock the body off. This weekend run will tell

The servo winch turned out just like I wanted, I wanted the front bumper to be as 'short' as possible to allow the most approach angle possible, but also be functional. I may get a different winch hook as this one is HUGE and not very scale looking lol.

I'm very happy with the way my crate turned out and it solved the issue I had with where I was going to store my pull pal and tow strap. Now to slap on more scale accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxialJeepster View Post
looking mighty fine there!! love the touches you put into this JK. sure is a nice on
Thanks Ryan! The bumpers and sliders you made fit great and were just what I wanted. The sliders work great as they allowed me to relocate my batteries and let me run 2 instead of just one small pack up front. Thanks again for the great customer service
Old 06-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Took the rig out for its first run to a poor mans axialfest at Forest Falls on saturday with a decent group of people. It performed quite well and got its first few "character" scratches. The first on looks like Wolverwine or a Velociraptor tried to get in the passenger side lol. There was more than just the primary 4 rigs you see but I didnt get too many pics of those rigs.

2door Brute (Boostamante)
Mog "Tumbler 3" (Prifral)
Valve JK (inebriatedmarmoset)
4dr Brute (Shinjari)

Old 06-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Wheels look good on your JK my man!

The Iroks fit the rig nicely too.

(Love the Mog)
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #115
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdb85 View Post
Wheels look good on your JK my man!

The Iroks fit the rig nicely too.

(Love the Mog)
Thanks man! It was a draw between which I was going to cry about more scratching....the body I worked tons of hours on or the OMF's I got from you lol. I think in the end it was the body that won lol.

The IROKs protected the wheels decently. and performed well. I didnt have my pitbulls available to test side to side. So maybe I had high expectations for the IROKs coming from pitbulls but I was able to do every line everyone else was able to do so that was great.

Need to try the pitbulls and iroks in the same area to see if there is a significant difference. I think my med CI lil nova foams might be a little stiff since my rig isn't very heavy so I may try soft outer rings as well.

As for how my JK performed it did great. I need to locktite the no slop lockers because the rear driver side set screws kept backing out towards the end of the day.

As for the mog yeah its one of the cleanest rigs and it performs great. Wish I had the skills to make something that nice. The entire cage is stainless steel so its just raw metal no powdercoat or anything.

Can't wait to get it out again.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #116
Pebble Pounder

Great Day Saturday. We need to meet up In Temecula more often. Especially since my kid lives there meow :P
boostamante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #117
RCC Addict

Are you saying "meow"?

and yes saturday was awesome it was perfect weather and we do need to meet up more =)
Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

maaaan, I gotta make it to another one of these gtg's....Which do you guys prefer terrain wise, Forets Falls or Baldy? I've been to both only once and vaguely remember.

Sounds like you guys had a great time

happy crawl'n
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #119
RCC Addict

Thats a tough one, both are fun. I would say that FF is more trail riding with 'some' difficult areas and lots of water features. The water level was very low (2-3" mostly) so we could cross back and forth easily and only had to avoid a few areas as few of us were waterproof lol. Baldy was fun and required some teamwork, winching etc which was very scale so its a good place to go as well. I'd say FF is a little closer to SD also. Depends what youre in the mood for.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Went to a local spot (Glider Port In La Jolla/Torrey Pines) to kill some time. Used my R2J Winch Anchor because I have no friends to winch me up tough climbs...it works amazingly! Will post video whenever youtube decides to finish uploading.

ALso first time running the Rigid LED bar...looks great, but I feel like it draws some serious current because I barely got over an hour on my 2600mah 3s (2 1300 packs in parallel)...when I previously got 2-2.5 hours at Forest Falls.

Last edited by Shinjari; 06-29-2013 at 10:19 PM.

NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stelerzman Jk build with GCM chassis stelerzman 1.9 Scale Rigs 44 01-29-2014 07:18 PM