Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: ManCave's K% SCX10 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default ManCave's K% SCX10 build

Its been a long time since I had a K5 blazer so its time to go back down that road and do it up right this time. I got some sweet ass rims fron Shinjari here on RCC and they are going to good use. The truck sits on a Dingo frame 91mm links all the way around, full metal tranny, Novak 35T rockstar motor, Axial UD/OD gears, MIP's but I cant decide which set of tires to use yet. I really dig the Mayhems, but I also love the CAC's. I plan on doing a styrene interior/bed area over getting a once piece pan so lots of updates to come.

TheManCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: ManCave's K% SCX10 build

Yeah those 6-spokes look sweet on your jeep. Nice matchy colors. The mayhems look great with those beadlocks. They all used to be raw silver but got them powdercoated and never even mounted tires on them to see what they'd look like lol. Glad they're getting put to good use. Also good lord that has to be the largest battery I've ever seen put in a scaler!
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Yeah those 6-spokes look sweet on your jeep. Nice matchy colors. The mayhems look great with those beadlocks. They all used to be raw silver but got them powdercoated and never even mounted tires on them to see what they'd look like lol. Glad they're getting put to good use. Also good lord that has to be the largest battery I've ever seen put in a scaler!
Yeah I think the CAC's are staying on the jeep and those rings on the mayhems it just looks so much cleaner and give the pitbulls a nice blocky contact patch. Bwahahaha @ the battery thats a big ass 2s isnt it. Its actually for one of my go fasts I had the 5000 on the charger
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i just finished building a blazer for my neighbor ,he asked me to build it for his 2 year old son based on his 1.1. i'll try to get some pics .love the blazers wish there was a nice 70's body .nice job so far.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
RCC Addict

oh i just remembered i painted it all white and didn't like the way the grill looked all painted white so i masked it off and painted it silver on the outside . on your red one maybe black would look better ,i took the stickers off then put them back on.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsimi View Post
i just finished building a blazer for my neighbor ,he asked me to build it for his 2 year old son based on his 1.1. i'll try to get some pics .love the blazers wish there was a nice 70's body .nice job so far.
Coming from you thats a hell of a compliment. I wish they did make a 70's body myself. I based this one off of a 87 k5 I had with a 8" suspension 4" body lift and a set of 43" stickies for offroading and 38" thornbirds ( old school baby ) I actually had it out today for a test run and found a few issues so it obviously needs more work. Also did a rather noob job with some styrene for my electronics and thought about bending some tube to make a metal version of the proline western bumpers
Old 02-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #7
RCC Addict

i will try and get some pics tomorrow next to his 1.1. the rc4wd fender flares look awesome on it just to give you some idea.lmk if you need some help.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Got her dirty yesterday, and all of a sudden she quit working and I went into diagnostics mode. In the end for the second time on me now a servo shit out on me and shut down the truck. Servo replaced everything is golden and now you can see my shitty styrene job in the rear and how its sitting now.

ManCave's K% SCX10 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mancave's Project Dirty Turtle Truggy TheManCave 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 11-23-2012 09:30 PM
Pinchflat's SCX10 "WTF am I going to build" Build. PinchFlat Axial SCX-10 99 10-09-2012 12:59 PM
ManCave's Custom Tamiya Globeliner Semi TheManCave Non Crawler RC's 5 10-04-2012 09:36 PM
ManCave's Chief Cherokee TheManCave 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 08-06-2012 08:08 PM
New to me SCX10 build devestator_x Axial SCX-10 4 07-21-2012 04:25 PM