Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Ax10wannabe's attempt at an F350 crew cab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Ax10wannabe's attempt at an F350 crew cab

did awesome on the rocks, needs weight in the front but climbed up some stuff that i didnt think it would.. a friend mounted the rear lower links to outside of chassis and the wheelbase is close but i still want to mount them to the skid because im not too fond of the 1.5" gap between links and skidplate. i also did some sanding on the cab and got it smoothed out a bit, still have some more work to do but its just about there. i'll try to get some new pics up this weekend.

im back working again delivering furniture so i should maybe have a bit a cash to throw at this rig soon, of course as we all know bills come first, then beer then rc

im saving up so i can get my own place in town and im looking at a 2 bdrm apartment so one bdrm could be my room and the other could be my hobbyroom..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #62
RCC Addict

well turns out i dont have to work on tuesday so i'll have all day to frig around with stuff... was sitting here thinking about the steering on this rig and how much it sucks and i'd love to buy some high clearance knuckles but just cant afford them right now figured if i can get the tie rod higher the rig would turn sharper so i took the steering/drag links off put the screw in the knuckle added a spacers on both sides and put it back together works good.. looked at it again and it turns sharper to the right so going to shave off a bit of the drag link pull the servo horn off and realign everything that should give me the same amount of turning right and left. also going to drill a couple more holes in the chassis closer to the transmission for the front upper 3 link and that should level out the front axle and get some of my steering back..
Old 05-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #63
RCC Addict

so this project might be put on hold for a few days.. not sure yet.. i found a 2 bdrm apartment/condo thing in town and if i get that then im moving in and im making one bedroom for my bed and stuff and the other will be a hobby room.. i cut out a couple ideas for sliders from beer/pop boxes to use as templates so i could get a better idea of what it would look like on the truck, got the bottom of sliders cut today... i've been working lots lately the weather is nice outside but today it was too damn hot to do anything but got the grass cut and sliders started.. once i get some pieces welded together i'll post up some pics..

also was figuring out where i want to mount the battery as it wont work in its current location... so was thinking of putting the batts in the toolbox drilling a hole in bottom of toolbox and use the hole thats in the bed and the esc power wires reach so most of the wiring should be hidden but have easy access to the battery.

i will be getting internet when i move too so there will be updates still but i will lose the ability to just go outside and build stuff though
Old 05-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #64
RCC Addict

walked into canadian tire the other day looking for office chairs and thought i would go check to see if they had any small all thread come in.... sure enough they have 8/32" sitting there so i grabbed ten 12" sticks... so that gives me enough material to make 4 lower and 2 upper rear links on the scx10 and 2 front upper links on the ax10... i will get some new pics once i get them made and mounted..
Old 05-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #65

What color were you thinking about going with the truck? Here could be some inspiration

My buddy had a truck that looked a lot like that, 12" of lift and 44" Boggers. Crazy truck, people got the heck out of the way when it was rolling down the road! haha
Zappaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #66
RCC Addict

sorry just got home from work.. umm was thinking like a dark navy blue with silver flames coming out of the front wheel wells.. got a couple ideas for sliders that should protect the sides of the truck from the lower body line down. going to paint some of the grille black...... just been working lots the last couple of weeks so havent had much time to work on this..
Old 05-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Its coming along good. I wanna try to build a crew cab eventually. Would love to do a chevy but may end up doing a ford as well.
KauseKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

Nice build!
DonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #69
RCC Addict

thanks man.. im taking my time on the body work as i wanna do a really nice job of it even though im gonna beat of piss out of it
Old 05-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Looking good.
jeepscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Nice work man, I love them Super Duty Fords!
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #72
RCC Addict

^^^ thanks

i painted the grille today..

well we blew a brake line in the delivery truck yesterday so took it to the shop and they dont have the parts so i got an unexpected day off today but i work tomorrow... which kinda sucks but oh well.. so i decided to paint the grille the crew cab today and here is the result..couple spots bled through the tape but other than that im pretty happy with the results

Old 06-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #73
RCC Addict

i wish i would have seen this thread sooner. i love the 99-03 f350 with the 7.3L powerstroke!

keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #74
RCC Addict

yeah i love them too.. dad has a 93' with the 7.3 diesel non turbo but has had a turbo added...

well i had plans to work on this thing tonight but i dunno.. worked way later than i had planned and getting kinda tired, maybe a couple captain morgan will cheer me up and give me some motivation
Old 06-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Dude you live an hr and 15 from me lol that is awesome . Love the truck by the way lookin good we should meet in the middle somewhere and do some wheeling . F-bomb ya !!
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #76
Rock Stacker

paint the truck tan/gold... it's cold of my f250
nate3923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodamis View Post
Dude you live an hr and 15 from me lol that is awesome . Love the truck by the way lookin good we should meet in the middle somewhere and do some wheeling . F-bomb ya !!
yeah i do haha... i have a friend from kamloops that crawls in our group quite a bit.. he even makes the tretcherous drive in the snow to a friends house in falkland to crawl.. couple of my friends went out to riverside park last year i didnt attend because i was either working or racing my mower.. my sister's boyfriend works at brandt tractors in kamloops in the shop and service truck.

havent done anything with the truck for the past week or so because i havent been feeling all that great.. nose is plugged up and hard to breathe but im getting better and i might have another week or so i can work on it until i have to pack up all my rc stuff.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Sweet deal ya crawlin is fun we have a area we have a scale trail built into a creek side about 500 feet worth . I have about 300 feet of scale trails built into the river bank down behind my house that me and a buddy added and shaped up . Every year the bank changes shape so always different down there. Cant wait to finish up my k5 blazer build it will be my first short wheel base rig on 1.9s my other rigs are 2.2s and get boring always conquering the terrain I have at hand
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #79
RCC Addict

yup crawling is fun but damn its addicting and expensive!!! thats why when i have cash i'll dump like 250.00 on it all at once because i know it will be a long time before i have more cash to throw at it. i have 45,000lbs of rock at my house

no updates yet sorry guys, its mower building weekend once that is done i will resume back on the rc stuff, still not feeling that great dont know if its allergies or just sick but im heading into doc's on monday morning and getting some prescription allergy meds.. fack this 3 weeks of this crap is annoying
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #80
RCC Addict

well good news... the mower is done so i can resume on the rc stuff going to pack my mower racing stuff wednesday night (1.5 weeks early) so i can have time for other stuff.. and i've been pretty busy with family stuff so havent had much time to work on the rigs

Ax10wannabe's attempt at an F350 crew cab - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
f350 crew cab super pig 1.9 Scale Rigs 25 09-26-2011 10:55 PM
f350 crew cab lil wasted Paint and Body 0 07-26-2010 09:40 PM
F350 crew cab jetdog racing 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 06-06-2010 08:27 PM