Notices

Thread: Jeep JK Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Jeep JK Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Post up wherever you want! I know guys who want to get their rigs on every forum they can. My best advice is build it so that you're happy with it. Limelight is nice, but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I LOVE this build, but honestly...and I'll always be honest, there are builds on Crawler that are absolutely mindblowing in terms of fabrication, design, engineering and execution that will never be featured anywhere else.

As a builder, I strive to achieve these levels, and if I were you, I'd focus more on learning how to get to the next level rather than resting on a magazine feature showing your work so far. There's tubework, custom chassis work, custom brackets, body work, interior work, scale videos and video editing, Photography (you have that down in the pics...but need to get some great scale shots in the wild)....plenty of avenues to explore. My showtruck is on RC4WD's website, and that was amazing at the time. But...it doesn't mean it's perfect. Don't let me talk you out of anything. Your rig is sharp for sure. That's my two cents for the night.
I know man, i've seen threads about this guy who built a fire truck from a scratch, built the body and everything on was just SICK. my rig would be no where right next to his work, but i brought this whole thing up cuz i've seen couple JKs featured on websites, so i wanted to give it a shot, anyway, you sir are up there too when it comes to fab and body work i've seen your thread this morning about your 2 fords.
man there is no place where i can take my jk and try it out in NYC.
moedawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohecrawler View Post
i cant ****ing do it anymore... ie: hold my tongue... ive seen this assembly get praised over and over for really doing nothing that any other joe could do... notice i said assembly.. i dont consider this a "build" at all... but to ask if it should be featured on rcc as a whole or in a magazine blows my damn mind... dont get me wrong it looks great but all you did was buy stuff and throw it together. there was no fab, no ingenuity, or foward thought whatsover. congrats that you put a prefabbed chassis together and put some 200 dollar wheels on it and painted it... great job.. you sir can in fact turn a 2mm hex driver.

sorry if im coming off as rude but im only being honest.
lol no Prob, you are right %85 was an assembly, welded a new bumper on the chassis cut out fenders ans some other work here and there, but what i meant is the way it came out together i didnt even expect it to look like this, anyone can turn a 2mm hex driver and anyone can assemble a a rig together but i also think that only a few of us who can reach the levels of (scale) looking. ive seen threads that was built from a scratch and all but dont have that (scale look) your looking for, and that was my main focus from the beginning. but at the end you are absolutely right i wish i could change the title to JK assembly, if its possible let me know how and i'll change it.
you just went HAM on me i guess its time to go light up my hookah and relax. lol
thanks for the advice man.

Last edited by moedawi; 04-07-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Blacked out back...open front looks perfect.

Next...paint the interior to compliment the build.

edit...I couldn't get a read on the sound unit...Post up a youtube vid of it installed and running. All I'm getting is running sound...not acceleration sound.
Sprayed the interior mate black and honestly it made it look 10 times better thanks alot man
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddamonk View Post
I was reading through your built and i really like your Jk! Hope to see more updates in the near future. I have the 100mm kings shocks in mine also but i ve found that they re really difficult to rebuild correctly...
Bro are you into photography too? i checked your website. i just replaced my D5100 with the D800. Nice to find someone with the same hobbies.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #105
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawi View Post
Bro are you into photography too? i checked your website. i just replaced my D5100 with the D800. Nice to find someone with the same hobbies.
Hi,

Yes, i m using my D90. I love taking pictures in general.add me on fb(www.facebook.com/jmtruong)
buddamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddamonk View Post
Hi,

Yes, i m using my D90. I love taking pictures in general.add me on fb(www.facebook.com/jmtruong)
i just did.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

hey guys, so today i found one mirror only (driver side) and i did install it and modified so it swivels in and out, and covered up the steering stabilizers with shrink tubing kinda like they way it looks here is some pics

B&W

Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Lights...

video DSC_1918_zpsfb22bb36.mp4
Old 04-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #109
Pebble Pounder

Hi,

Havent seen any friend request yet.
buddamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

moedawi, I must say, you take criticism well. VERY well. And that on the forums is something to be proud of. When Kaneohecrawler posted...he's right...An assembly build is just that. You don't want to get a trophy for coming out and building a rig anyone can do and call it done.

Check out his new and past builds...great work, and awesome fabrication. I'd also check the thread link below...and look into each of the builds featured here and go through their build threads. You'll very quickly realize that a pretty build is pretty. Each of these builds has Hundreds of hours of fab work in them. They may not be JKs, and may be hardcore... but you'll understand why an assembly build will only go so far as far as recognition.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2012-...ng-thread.html
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
moedawi, I must say, you take criticism well. VERY well. And that on the forums is something to be proud of. When Kaneohecrawler posted...he's right...An assembly build is just that. You don't want to get a trophy for coming out and building a rig anyone can do and call it done.

Check out his new and past builds...great work, and awesome fabrication. I'd also check the thread link below...and look into each of the builds featured here and go through their build threads. You'll very quickly realize that a pretty build is pretty. Each of these builds has Hundreds of hours of fab work in them. They may not be JKs, and may be hardcore... but you'll understand why an assembly build will only go so far as far as recognition.

I definitely understand where he comes from it was bit rough but its all good. This link here has something that it will blow your mind away

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/14...ff-1115/page-2

Anyway im still gonna update on everything im gonna add and ask for everyones opinion im here to share my ASSEMBLY, btw your tundra is sick.
I need someone who can fab rock sliders for me do u know anyone?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #112
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Btw what do u think about the shrink tubings on the the steering drag? Seen it b4 on the forum so I decided to give it a try.

Last edited by moedawi; 04-08-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #113

I love your attitude towards all the criticism and opinions. I don't care what others think, I still love this Jeep! Certain things appeal to certain people, this one had me from the first time I laid eyes on the Jeep. Now stop adding things to it before I can't afford to buy it from you anymore!
DTJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #114
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTJK View Post
I love your attitude towards all the criticism and opinions. I don't care what others think, I still love this Jeep! Certain things appeal to certain people, this one had me from the first time I laid eyes on the Jeep. Now stop adding things to it before I can't afford to buy it from you anymore!
You said it man! To each there own! I was a welder/ fabricator for years and do agree with the the harshness of dudes post, but we're all here for ONE THING, for love of rc. I'm gunna go pick my jk kit up this afternoon! And the suspension you bet your *ss I'm doin the exact same thing! Thank you for your wonder full post and keep it up!
FlipItOver! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I definitely understand where he comes from it was bit rough but its all good. This link here has something that it will blow your mind away

oshkosh t3000 6x6 airport fire and rescue truck ARFF 1/11.5 - Page 2 - Replica Scale RC - Modelsport UK Forum - Page 2

Anyway im still gonna update on everything im gonna add and ask for everyones opinion im here to share my ASSEMBLY, btw your tundra is sick.
I need someone who can fab rock sliders for me do u know anyone?

I've been following JOE for years. His builds are absolutely amazing. That firetruck isn't even his best work! He used to have a website with lots of pics of his trucks. It kind of evaporated though unless I'm missing it somewhere. He's also a really nice guy to speak with as well.

As for the shrink wrap...it looks pretty cool from here.
On the sliders, there are plenty of guys in the vendor section that can hook you up. I don't want to mention anyone over the other. If I were you, I'd jump in, grab some brakeline and a mapp gas setup and start fabbing!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #116
RCC Addict

The shrink tube looks great on the drag/steering links. Turned out good man! I too like how you were able to piece together this build My JK is very similar int he fact that its stuff you get off the shelf with the exception of the bumpers that are being designed and built soon. Its a great start man. I would hate to scratch it but they are meant to be driven lol.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
The shrink tube looks great on the drag/steering links. Turned out good man! I too like how you were able to piece together this build My JK is very similar int he fact that its stuff you get off the shelf with the exception of the bumpers that are being designed and built soon. Its a great start man. I would hate to scratch it but they are meant to be driven lol.
I know man im thinking about putting it on the shelf by my tv or somthing lol I dont wanna scratch it :p

Old 04-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #118

Quote:
I know man im thinking about putting it on the shelf by my tv or somthing lol I dont wanna scratch it :p

There's an empty slot on my shelf that's perfect for it.
DTJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTJK View Post
There's an empty slot on my shelf that's perfect for it.
i'll buy the shelf
Old 04-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

I hope this next post wont offend anyone who thinks that my thread and truck shouldnt be anywhere othere than this thread on the forum but i'd like to THANK BUDDAMONK FOR POSTING MY JK ON HIS NEW WEBSITE thank you so much for your support and everyone who help me to get this assembly to where its at now, this doesnt mean that im done adding to this truck (sorry DTJK lol) there are more work to be done and a lil modification to be done as well.

RC-Scaler Limmattal

Now it time to work on other hobby and install this lil guy in my nikon D800

Last edited by moedawi; 04-08-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Tags
jeep jk, jeep jk project, jeep rc4wd, jeep rubicon, vanquish products

Jeep JK Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New project jeep Harlok67 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 02-06-2011 04:29 PM
My CC-01 Jeep Project jayuk022002 Tamiya XC/CC01 33 12-06-2010 03:47 PM
YJ Jeep project. wrx-n-ktm 1.9 Scale Rigs 23 03-02-2009 03:42 PM