RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Brushless (of course) F-350 Hi-Lift (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/43788-brushless-course-f-350-hi-lift.html)

microgoat 09-17-2006 06:33 AM

Brushless (of course) F-350 Hi-Lift

No, the truck's not here yet, but when do I ever start a build thread when I have all the parts? :lol: My F-350 Hi-Lift is getting a Novak Crawler system, JR digital steering servo, FM receiver and a memory in my R-1. So all that stuff is worth $350, and I haven't even seen the kit yet.

I've also whipped up some custom wheels for it, something I feel is appropriate for a big Ford truck. You'll see them a little later once I start building.

At least I got the Novak for free:D Start the hate train rollin'.

chaotic_life 09-17-2006 08:37 AM

You suck... here I was all exited to see somone with a Hi-Lift build :-p can't wait to see it when you get it!

ColquittCustom405 09-17-2006 08:59 AM

Got my both my Novaks for free;-) I can't wait to see what your crazy mind comes up with goat.All I know is you need to do the famous paint scheme you're known for.Can't wait!

trickedoutTLT06 09-17-2006 09:22 AM

WHY...WHY!!! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME!??!?!!?!?!?1? ARHGHGHHGHhhhhhh :lol:

freetimecrawler 09-17-2006 09:32 AM

There is a F-350 Hi-lift build thread from a guy from like Norway or something on Scale4x4. Very detailed, he shows pic's of the new axles side by side with tlt axles and alot of other pic's with his thread.

clod booster 09-17-2006 12:03 PM

any chance you could post a link, i cant find it.

Bam Bam 09-17-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clod booster
any chance you could post a link, i cant find it.

Heres one http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6744

RickSDMF 09-17-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microgoat
No, the truck's not here yet, but when do I ever start a build thread when I have all the parts? :lol: My F-350 Hi-Lift is getting a Novak Crawler system, JR digital steering servo, FM receiver and a memory in my R-1. So all that stuff is worth $350, and I haven't even seen the kit yet.

I've also whipped up some custom wheels for it, something I feel is appropriate for a big Ford truck. You'll see them a little later once I start building.

At least I got the Novak for free:D Start the hate train rollin'.

how did u get a novak for free!

JohnRobHolmes 09-17-2006 03:05 PM

Micro was the Beta tester for the novak system. Werent they supposed to get rid of the locked rotor detection? Mine still has it.

This is gonna be one hella fun rig!

microgoat 09-17-2006 04:32 PM

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...t=letter+novak

You might say the whole thing was my idea :lol: I was sandbagging the response back from them, as I was under a veil of secrecy at that point. Didn't want to spill the beans too soon.

John, the LR protection is still there, but I found it only kicks in when your pack gets low.

All Out Racing 09-17-2006 06:48 PM

The rich get richer... JK Guess it pays to know your sh!t, and know who to fling it at! You think Tamiya will incorporate enough balls into the 350 for a brushless setup without grenading the tranny? Can't wait to see the write up on this one.

microgoat 09-17-2006 06:55 PM

From what I've seen of it, the tranny uses mostly big-rig parts, and those are plenty burly. They're designed to haul around a heavy-arse tractor-trailer rig, and a lot of guys put some heavy loads (ever weigh a Tamiya RC tank?) on those trailers with no trouble at all. The 3-speed in the Knight Hauler (ran a borrowed trailer a few times) and the Mog (brushless 8-pound rig) are both holding up just fine. I'm not worried about the tranny at all.

The first thing to give will be the wheel hexes. After that, probably axle shafts unless you adjust the slipper. And I intend to use the slipper. One more thing to play with :)

BTW, Paal (Wild Trial) on Scale4x4 has a video of his chassis running. It's posted on the thread linked above. Don't expect much articulation from this thing; even with the softest suspension setup, it hasn't got much flex. But it crawls pretty well, and he's got a great crawl spot (Norway).

Fordx4 09-17-2006 08:37 PM

man!!...microgoat you had me all excited there for a minute......oh well, i cant wait to see what you have up your sleve for this one

slobin3d 09-17-2006 08:45 PM

you are such a tease.

clod booster 09-17-2006 09:07 PM

it needs more flex!

Flash Burns 09-18-2006 12:33 AM

With Novak Brushless Crawler setup can you run 2 motors with 1 esc. For example a clod diff based crawler?

Wild trial 09-18-2006 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clod booster
it needs more flex!

Yes not much flex as stock build.......If it's a hard core
crawler you are after, this is nothing for you,,,
But as a scaler it's pretty cool.

Looking forward to se your buildup Stu.....Can't wait.

microgoat 09-18-2006 05:40 AM

Flash, any brushless needs one ESC per motor. The ESC reads the motor's position, so multiple motors are out. A Clod would need two (or in your case three) Crawler systems.

Flash Burns 09-18-2006 06:27 AM

So a 4 chnl. radio at a minimum, right? 1 chnl. for each throttle and 2 chnls. for frt/rr steer. Note my 6x6 will not be crawlin'. I intend to upgrade my NN crawler to brushless.:twisted:

cartronicshn 09-18-2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash Burns
So a 4 chnl. radio at a minimum, right? 1 chnl. for each throttle and 2 chnls. for frt/rr steer. Note my 6x6 will not be crawlin'. I intend to upgrade my NN crawler to brushless.:twisted:

You could also y-harness the two esc to one channel, that's the way i have my bl clod setup, to mambas to ch2