Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: F-350 Hi-Lift build tips thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #101
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney86 View Post
I just finished my build and I want to throw on some axial beadlocks with some geolanders. The only problem is when I bolt the wheel on the nut just doesn't go on far enough. What are you guys doing to get around this? those axial wheels have the special hubs with the round ends and they are just to long.

They make dremels everyday! Grind off the end of the hex.
TEAM-JCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #102

hi there, i am from south africa and i have recently bought my self a toyota high lift and find the leaf springs a little hard, not giving enouth articulation. trying to do a 4 link set up but dont know how to secure every thing. any idears would be gr8. thanks Andrew
Andrewavdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 AM   #103
Rock Crawler

I GOT MY HIGHLIFT BUILT, EVRY THING TO MY SPECS, THE ONLY THING IS, I CANT DRIVE IT:-( I NEED A RADIO-WHAT IS THE BEST RADIO-WHAT IS A SHIFT GATE-PLEASE HELP ME GET THE PERFECT RADIO SET UP FOR MY HIGHLIFT- AND NO IT WILL NOT HAVE REAR STEER. SITES WHERE I CAN GET A RADIO WILL HELP A LOT

JBHardwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #104
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhardwear View Post
I GOT MY HIGHLIFT BUILT, EVRY THING TO MY SPECS, THE ONLY THING IS, I CANT DRIVE IT:-( I NEED A RADIO-WHAT IS THE BEST RADIO-WHAT IS A SHIFT GATE-PLEASE HELP ME GET THE PERFECT RADIO SET UP FOR MY HIGHLIFT- AND NO IT WILL NOT HAVE REAR STEER. SITES WHERE I CAN GET A RADIO WILL HELP A LOT
This is the radio i went with for mine, it works great

you can find it right here

this is a shift gate from RC4WD.COM, I tried to obtain one but unfortunately they are sold out, I emailed customer support and they said they dont know when there will be more available, I made my own out of the plastic from a DVD case, it works good, but not as pretty as the aluminum

you can find the shift gate right here
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #105
Rock Crawler

Red face

Quote:
This is the radio i went with for mine, it works great

you can find it right here

this is a shift gate from RC4WD.COM, I tried to obtain one but unfortunately they are sold out, I emailed customer support and they said they dont know when there will be more available, I made my own out of the plastic from a DVD case, it works good, but not as pretty as the aluminum

you can find the shift gate right here
SO HOW DOES IT WORK EXACTLY, AND HOW HARD IS IT TO SETUP?
Old 03-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Quote:
SO HOW DOES IT WORK EXACTLY, AND HOW HARD IS IT TO SETUP?
Very simple, Ch1 is steering, Ch3 is throttle, 4 is shifting. what are you runnin for a speed control? I went with the Teken Rebel 2 and couldn't be more pleased
Old 03-06-2008, 01:10 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Very simple, Ch1 is steering, Ch3 is throttle, 4 is shifting. what are you runnin for a speed control? I went with the Teken Rebel 2 and couldn't be more pleased
I AM RUNNING THE ROOSTER CRAWLER SPEEDCONTROL. HAD IT ALL READY. CH 4 IS SHFTING AND THAT IS DONE HOW EXACTLY. SORRY, THIS IS MY FIRST HIGHLIFT AND FIRST RC WITH SOMETHING MORE COMPLICATED THAN THE TQ3, I JUST DONT WANT MESS UP THE HIGHLIFT.:-(
Old 03-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Quote:
I AM RUNNING THE ROOSTER CRAWLER SPEEDCONTROL. HAD IT ALL READY. CH 4 IS SHFTING AND THAT IS DONE HOW EXACTLY. SORRY, THIS IS MY FIRST HIGHLIFT AND FIRST RC WITH SOMETHING MORE COMPLICATED THAN THE TQ3, I JUST DONT WANT MESS UP THE HIGHLIFT.:-(
Ive heard those roosters are pretty bada$$. The only reason i know this stuff is because i just built a highlift hilux and I figured it all out by asking people on this forum, so dont worry about it. shifting is done with the left stick. Left is highway, middle is 2nd gear, and right is low. you just move the stick to the side or keep it in the middle and move it forward to accelerate once you are in gear. the shift-gate helps you to not switch gears once you are accelerating because its bad for the tranny
Old 03-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #109
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ive heard those roosters are pretty bada$$. The only reason i know this stuff is because i just built a highlift hilux and I figured it all out by asking people on this forum, so dont worry about it. shifting is done with the left stick. Left is highway, middle is 2nd gear, and right is low. you just move the stick to the side or keep it in the middle and move it forward to accelerate once you are in gear. the shift-gate helps you to not switch gears once you are accelerating because its bad for the tranny
thats what i needed to know, so i just add a 4ch radio and receiver with shift gate and go, no set up
Old 03-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

I RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS HIGH LIFT USED AND GOT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER WITH THE PARTS SUPPLIED BY THE SELLER, BUT I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH. DAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY MY HIGH LIFT SITS SO HIGH, WHAT DO I NEED TO GET IT BACK DOWN SO THE 1.9 TIRES LOOK SCALE AGAIN AND IF I NEED TO BUY SOMETHING FOR THIS, WHERE CAN I BUY IT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:30 AM   #111

what is the most flex you guys are getting with the leafs?
billzkustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:34 AM   #112

Default ground clearence

is there any way to get better ground clearence from the high lift?
big willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #113
Pebble Pounder

hmm this is wierd....for some reason i cant see the pictures on the very front page...anyone else having this problem? i can see all the others though....
MaxxCrawler02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #114
Rock Crawler

Broke a leaf spring this weekend, so I guess I will be 4-linking one end of my highlift based blazer. gonna link the rear and leave the leafs up front.

Any pictures of where you guys mounted your links?
trailduster79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #115

Hello!
Im working on a 4linked Highlift and a was wondering, do anyone have .pdf for servomount?
JupeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #116

i just got a f350 and was wondering whats the best lengths to use for the 4 link setup, and i only have one leaf up front and have no flex at all
chevycrawlerSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Default f350 4 link

I looked for a 4 link system for my high lift also - cuz the stock leafs don't do much in the way of flex. I saw someone taper the top of the leaf spring (where it attaches to the bolt on the frame) and that gave it a bit more play. I'm currently converting the rear to a 4 link system but its taking time to create the right look thats functional too.

I had to grind down the fins on the inner axel to fit the 4 link plate I'm designing.

I haven't made the supporting rods yet but after checking around - I found I'll have to make them on my own. I'll try and keep you posted on the progress after here.
FodigoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FodigoDave View Post
I looked for a 4 link system for my high lift also - cuz the stock leafs don't do much in the way of flex. I saw someone taper the top of the leaf spring (where it attaches to the bolt on the frame) and that gave it a bit more play. I'm currently converting the rear to a 4 link system but its taking time to create the right look thats functional too.

I had to grind down the fins on the inner axel to fit the 4 link plate I'm designing.

I haven't made the supporting rods yet but after checking around - I found I'll have to make them on my own. I'll try and keep you posted on the progress after here.
, did you look for the dinky links from mudbauer? he makes them for the tlt and hi lift also, check them out, i have bought them for my tlt's and my hl.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showp...99&postcount=1
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Wow - that's beautiful - but I don't think those will bolt up to the f350 high lift. The drive train looks different.

Here's the update to the metal project. BTW - it was made from a decking bracket - galvanized steel - very sturdy.

I used the bed brackets for the right and left swing arm and i will probably fabricate a center bracket. All will bolt on to the existing skid plate. Not sure what I'll do about remounting the truck bed but will worry bout that much later.

I'll have to file down the screws but at least it doesn't require a nut ont he end. The screws mount directly into the threaded bracket.

Now that its essentially mounted. I'll work on the rods and then after they are measured and cut - will reduce the size of the bracket and then drill a few "cool" holes - add paint and should be done in about a month!

FodigoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

, did you search in the thread i gave you? and my comment also said i owned a set of those for my hi lift, don't get me wrong i applaud your effort and building abilty, but i just want to make sure people also know there are already made pieces for their hi lift.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showp...&postcount=145
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote