Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: china 2dr jeep body awesomeness !!! ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 05:56 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: china 2dr jeep body awesomeness !!! ?

Awesome Build! I just picked up one of these bodies the other day, and I'm totally in love with it. I really want to paint it, but it looks really sharp the way it is too...(if you don't mind Yellow) Its so much better than the New Bright!!! (I'm working on one of those right now too) I love how you did the tube doors, that's sick! I don't know how to weld or have the equipment, so I'll be using the Axial Rubicon roll cage. I got it fitted last night and it needs modification, but fits really well with the top on or off! Plenty durable enough too! I'll have a Build thread soon too.
tomvaillencourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2016, 01:05 PM   #82

Awesome work man.
2 questions... How did you end up cutting the fender flares, they look nice. And how did you mount the body?
natesjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Well id say i would show you some pictures but pboto bucket sh!t the bed and cant access them any more . I took some sheet metal and built a couple angle sections that screw through the back and to the frame . That was in the back an the front i did the same i welded some 3mm nuts to the front of the servo bracket and screwed them in that way . Sadly this is probably in the same state as the last picture . I have built several rigs since i started this one . It will get finished but not until i build my k5 rc4wd blazer I just got . Thanks for digging up an old thread and bringing back some memories. Cheers Ehh
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #84

I am currently looking for options for a similar build. I was wondering what transfer case you used and how you mounted it?

I've thought about going with the GCM J2 Skeleton Chassis but would like to use an old SCX10 chassis if I could. Also, I will be using SCX10-2 axles.
The Horde RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:06 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Horde RC View Post
I am currently looking for options for a similar build. I was wondering what transfer case you used and how you mounted it?

I've thought about going with the GCM J2 Skeleton Chassis but would like to use an old SCX10 chassis if I could. Also, I will be using SCX10-2 axles.
I just got this body from ebay after a month of waiting. I'm just trying to figure out how to mount it also. I see so many builds but no one talks about mounting it.
From what I've seen, front motor mount and low profile transfer case is the way to go. But i'm debating the route I want to go. I don't have the skills alot of these guys do, so I'm probably going to go the easiest route.
nyferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:45 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Front motor mount is the only way if you don't want to hack up the interior.

GCM Also makes a SCX10 front motor mount and tcase setup which I used on a old 2dr build I had. Look at my created threads for the build.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote

china 2dr jeep body awesomeness !!! ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proline Jeep JK 2dr wxgs333 Axial SCX-10 21 04-18-2011 09:38 PM