Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Minecraft Explorer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Minecraft Explorer

I bought my son a Dingo when they first released. Besides a broken knuckle it has surprising lived this long with a throttle happy kid who "pins it to win it" if he can't make it. Now Christmas is coming and his lack of maintenance has drove me nuts to the point I told him I sold it. The best part is he is addicted to Minecraft. I told him the guy who bought it is having me build a Minecraft themed crawler for his kid for Christmas. My son is so pumped to make this the coolest scaler and can't stop talking how lucky the kid is.

Now it has been awhile since I have done a build thread of any sort on here. I didn't realize that my daughter deleted the picture of the before picture so now we move on. It started with a factory RTR Dingo that through the years got a replacement knuckle and waterproof XL-5. He managed to kill 3 sets of drivelines as well which I'm surprised it has broke more.

So for this should be the parts list (might be modified lol):

RTR Dingo
Stock wheels with 1.9 Irocs (his favorite tires)
Electronics are still up in air
Futaba 3PM FASST
Integy steel drivelines
linked suspension of sorts
Proline Jeep Cherokee body
Lots of scale crap and minecraft crap

Stock RTR chassis after years of abuse:

Started off with getting the body cut out and fitted:

Well next we wanted to make sure this thing stays street legal so we wanted to make sure the tires are covered:

So many thoughts running through my head now just a matter of getting them out and onto the rig.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Minecraft Explorer

This will be interest. I've been heavily involved in creation of Minecraft servers in the past and am curious as to how you are gonna implement minecraft into a scale truck. Better get an interior and have steve as the driver. lol
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Make sure your paint scheme is in 4 bit graphics lol
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Lol well we do have a few things up our sleeve and since I run a server for my sons friends it makes it easy for the creative aspect. Building a scaler is easy compared to getting the mods on a server to work with each other.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagoo View Post
Lol well we do have a few things up our sleeve and since I run a server for my sons friends it makes it easy for the creative aspect. Building a scaler is easy compared to getting the mods on a server to work with each other.
Oh I know all about that. I was a founder of a server called Blockville. No longer involved though. lol
Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Tonight we got it completely tore down:

Got everything cleaned up and a parts list getting ordered. I have to tip my hat to Axial for making such a damn durable rig. After years of beating a lot on this and some stupid watch it jump off cliffs it still ran. Better yet the shocks where all still full of the original fluid from the day I bought this and rebuilt the shocks.

The shafts have lost most of their coating lol

Surprised to see all the fluid in these with them looking like this cap and bent shafts

Spent a good deal of time straightening his frame out using my new frame as a template and jig

Last edited by ManiacMagoo; 11-19-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

It's absolutely priceless that you are straightening the frame on your new uni-body Jeep. Off to a good start I say.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Been a while since I last updated this. Mainly waiting/deciding on parts for the build. So we started tear down on it last week. Was surprised how well most of it looked after years of the kids beating on it. Made my son deep clean his mess lol.

Next up was getting the body ready to lay paint down on it. Going to be using a mixture of hand painting and spray cans so figured liquid mask would be the easiest. So once again employed my son spent a few days laying down several coats of liquid mask.

By this point he was really excited to be making this for someone else not realizing how evil I am for making him fix his junk. We got the suspension assembled back to a rolling chassis. Used WB8 driveshafts and my RC4WD 100mm shocks from another build to get the look/flex we wanted. Now it sits in rolling shape while I get the painting details ironed out.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Spent sometime working on getting the hood and grill painted. If only it was as easy as it sounded all in my head.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Got the body painted up. Son wanted drips / runs in it some so I let him spray the fluorescent green. Got the flares put back on and now it is onto getting all the fun details done on this thing. Wish I could find a Proline interior for this to save some time. Today will be getting the roof rack on, quarter panel protection made, rear quarter / tail lights made, and god only knows what else lol. The headlights are functional and look pretty cool lit up.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
RCC Addict

cut one out a CGR bronco or blazer.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Rpp has the interior in Stock better jump on it.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Thanks a lot, order from RPP in bound. Been looking for settle and everyone was out of stock lol.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

This is so cool my oldest son is a die hard minecraft kid, watches all the vids on you tube as well as spends hours playing the game. Cant wait for the end product.
MCW24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Looks great. I like the tricky idea of having him d some work on his truck for Xmas since he never use too. Should be pretty awesome to see his face when you tell him it's his and how much work he did to get it all patched up.
Epcampau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Been a slow working on this while we waited for the proline interior from RPP. Gotta love when the post office loses a package then randomly finds it 3 days after it was suppose to be delivered. So we added a roof rack and got the interior cut out for it:

Now the fun of cutting out the figures from Styrene and getting everything laid out. Still trying to decide what will be inside or on the roof tool wise.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Nice work, good to see your kid "doin work son".
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

So a big thanks to RPP, TCS, and Dinky R/C for their amazing customer service and super fast shipping. This build is rolling along and should be done by this weekend. Friday evening started off with a bunch of styrene and the start of all the fun:

Next we had to have a rig full of passengers so we failed making the first one to big but finally nailed down the size we wanted. Lets see we have Steve as the driver, Enderman riding shotgun, a creeper, and a zombie in the back seat. Really didn't think it would take as long as it did getting them done. Thank god for my recliner and table in the living room lol. Have a chest in the works along with a slime. The tools will get done sooner or later as well.

You said you wanted the 16 bit blocks integrated and here they go. A lot more to come along with a ton of painting tonight.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

A sneak peak as all the guys inside slowly soak up some paint:

Old 12-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

This is so awesome. I play minecraft with my kids all the time. I just wish we could see his face when he realizes whats going on.
BerticusPryme is offline   Reply With Quote

Minecraft Explorer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gobo The Explorer TURTLE Multi Axle Rigs 33 06-30-2012 06:50 PM
Minecraft DareDiver Chit Chat 8 06-12-2011 11:02 AM
explorer hende Chit Chat 6 07-27-2010 12:23 PM
rolled explorer SlammedMini469 Chit Chat 33 01-17-2006 05:36 PM