Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Chevy Crewcab Dually Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 08:41 PM   #321

Sorry for your loss, glad you are all alright!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
mossyoak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #322
I wanna be Dave

That sucks man since it's a tow rig and not gonna see nick abuse you might be able to piece it back together? Will need to be reprinted obviously. My friend had his custom body shattered and he pieced it back together with shoe goo and you can't even tell. Just a thought but do what you think is easiest.

Glad everyone was okay though.

Sent from my LG G2
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #323
Quarry Creeper

I just ordered 2 new Clod bodies.hey fr8cture, remember asking me if I really thought a styrene bumper was a good idea? It's still in 1 piece! Lol!
Attached Images

Last edited by Hwheeler73; 06-14-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Hwheeler73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:11 PM   #324
I wanna be Dave

Yeah that looks like more piece than what works new salvageable. How did that bumper not break? Lol

Sent from my LG G2
Old 06-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #325
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Yeah that looks like more piece than what works new salvageable. How did that bumper not break? Lol Sent from my LG G2
I'll be honest, I really have no idea!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:27 AM   #326
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Chevy Crewcab Dually Build

Well, not a good day obviously.

The only thing I can say is take this as a wake up call and a check yourself moment.

There is no denying that losing the scaler stings, probably a lot and that's understandable. But on the other side. You're writing to say that everyone is alright. The alternatives could be a thousand times worse. To think that this girl or you or even others could have had an entirely different day is sickening.

I'd take this level of bad and just sleep soundly knowing nobody got hurt.

My two year old had a bad fall off the couch the other night and we had a trip to the emergency room. His forehead looked like he had a wireless mouse on it. I thought he cracked his skull. Not an easy night for Dad. And when it was all over, it was just a goose egg and he was fine. I didn't want to spend the night in the ER, but I came home thinking...it could have been so much worse.

It can ALWAYS be so much worse.

Hang in there Jesse. Count your blessings and regroup. We'll be watching and looking forward to the southern buggy as well.

And to anyone reading. Put your phone in your pocket. Don't text, don't talk, don't play with music... JUST DRIVE!!!! There isn't ANYTHING more important than the lives of the two little boys in my back seat. Greg
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #327
Rock Crawler

Location: In West Monroe,LA...yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed

Wow,glad you're ok.I used to work on Coca Cola trucks and would have to test drive after repairs and boy,four-wheelers think these tractors can stop like a Honda.These trucks are like a train when at highway speeds.Thats why I give the utmost respect to OTR drivers while out driving .Really sorry to see the body in the shape it is.Those rear fenders have about 1000 pieces of styrene underneath for support.I guess that's why the bed stayed together.Man if there is anything you need for a rebuild let me know. I feel your loss just as much as you do.Drive safe, Robby
krazykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:42 AM   #328
Pebble Pounder

that sux!!! your rig was by far my fav. I feel your pain. I'm a ups driver and see these A holes every where. I have had a couple run me off the road and looked at me like, "cant you see I'm on the phone".

sorry to hear the bad news. but, I'm sure you will remake the body even better this time.
UPSrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #329
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys! I want to add a little bit to what I said in my first post about this.

I'm 41 years old. I hit 17 years of driving over the road 2 months ago. Last week I received an award from my company for driving 2.5 million miles accident free. These are both huge milestones, and I do not take them lightly. There are not that many people that are able to accomplish either one alone, let alone both. I will admit that there is a certain amount of luck involved, the whole wrong place at the wrong time, but it takes a lot of dedication to safety to accomplish that many miles accident free. When I drive, I drive assuming that I am the only one on the road that knows how to drive. In some cases, it seems like that's true! LOL! So I drive for everyone else. I also remind myself daily, knowing myself as I do, that I could not continue in this job, let alone life, with the knowledge that my mistake cost the life of another. I was raised by a trucker, my father, and I was taught by him the truckers code. Simply, you will give your life to save another. And I will do just that. If the situation ever arises that the choice is to run this truck off the road to save the life of another, I will do it without hesitation. But we do live in a different time than when my dad drove. There are so many more distractions now. Please guys, take this to heart. Do you want to be the reason that another was injured or died because you were distracted? Can you live with that knowledge every day when you wake up? I know it will change the way you do things out on the roads if you keep that in mind! And the most important thing, as upset as I am over the dually, I can rebuild it. I cannot rebuild or replace my life or someone else's!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #330
I wanna be Dave

2.5 million! Wow! Time to make you feel old in less then half your age. lol

Sent from my LG G2
Old 06-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #331
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
2.5 million! Wow! Time to make you feel old in less then half your age. lol

Sent from my LG G2

Yah, thanks a lot! I'm old enough to be your daddy! Lmao!

Sent from the great unknown.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #332
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwheeler73 View Post
Yah, thanks a lot! I'm old enough to be your daddy! Lmao!

Maybe even though my dad was your age when I was 8.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #333
Pebble Pounder

looking great Id say no flares. I cant believe how far you got. I havent been on for 2 months. Keep it up. Gotta make a camper or trailer to hual with it. I saw a cooler camper on youtube. you truck would look great with one of these.
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #334
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh1985 View Post
looking great Id say no flares. I cant believe how far you got. I havent been on for 2 months. Keep it up. Gotta make a camper or trailer to hual with it. I saw a cooler camper on youtube. you truck would look great with one of these.
Umm, thanks. But did you read the last few posts? It was mostly destroyed a couple of days ago. I'm almost starting over. And I'm having a gooseneck trailer built for it.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:49 AM   #335
Pebble Pounder

sorry i missed that one. I missed that whole page all together. guess i wasnt paying attention either sorry. Im a tow truck driver and i am totally with you on people not knowing the laws. For instance i was loading a car on the freeway. Im MN its the law to move lanes and yield when emergency vehicles are on the shoulder. A guy did neither and swiped me in the back with the mirror of his silverado. Then didnt have the decensy to stop to see if i was ok and i wasnt. Thankfully a guy saw it followed him while calling the police. If i hadnt saw him and pressed my chest to my truck he would have hit me head on. People have no respect for truckers or emergency vehicles and too many people do not know how to merge onto highways. sorry for my rant
Im very sorry to here you lost all your hard work. At least your ok and you dont have to live with killing someone in an accident. It could have been worse. I will keep watching for the rebuild. Good luck

Last edited by jh1985; 06-16-2014 at 01:01 AM.
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:16 AM   #336
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh1985 View Post
sorry i missed that one. I missed that whole page all together. guess i wasnt paying attention either sorry. Im a tow truck driver and i am totally with you on people not knowing the laws. For instance i was loading a car on the freeway. Im MN its the law to move lanes and yield when emergency vehicles are on the shoulder. A guy did neither and swiped me in the back with the mirror of his silverado. Then didnt have the decensy to stop to see if i was ok and i wasnt. Thankfully a guy saw it followed him while calling the police. If i hadnt saw him and pressed my chest to my truck he would have hit me head on. People have no respect for truckers or emergency vehicles and too many people do not know how to merge onto highways. sorry for my rant
Im very sorry to here you lost all your hard work. At least your ok and you dont have to live with killing someone in an accident. It could have been worse. I will keep watching for the rebuild. Good luck

I agree! And thank you. I'm glad you're ok as well. I've been that guy broke down on the side of the road too when no one will move over!

Old 06-19-2014, 06:04 AM   #337
Quarry Creeper

So with the down time on the dually waiting to get the parts together, I've been working on a car for my girlfriend. Check it out guys!

67 GTO build for my girlfriend
Old 06-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #338
Quarry Creeper

I got the bodies today!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #339

Sweet now the process begins again. Did u get any of the bed touched up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
travis reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #340
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwheeler73 View Post
To all of you that have faithfully followed this build.... I have some bad news. Yesterday morning, I narrowly avoided a major collision out on the road. That's the good news. The bad news has had me sick to my stomach ever sense. When I slammed on the brakes and turned away from the collision, the truck was thrown off of my bed and onto the floor. That caused enough damage by itself, but then one of my duffle bags fell off of the top bunk and guess where it landed. The cab was completely destroyed. It is in 5 pieces now. The bed held up surprisingly well! Some scratches and 1 crack, so that's fixable. The impact of the bag on top of the truck actually bent all 4 leaf springs! So although, thankfully, I don't have to start completely over, I am going to have to build a new cab from scratch. It'll take some time to get it back to where it was 2 days ago. :-(

I would like to take a moment and beg every one that reads this, please watch what you do around big trucks! If I had not been focused completely on the road and had the experience that I do, the young lady that caused the situation would most definitely not be alive today! I'm not bragging in any way shape or form! I was furious that she would put herself and others in danger due to her lack of attention! She honestly didn't see me until it was too late for her to do anything to avoid me! I did stop, mostly because I was shaking so bad that I had to, but also to check on her. Believe it or not, she was insistent that it was my fault that she was in the way! Do you all know that the law says that you must yield to the right of way when entering an interstate? If a big truck gets out of your way when you are trying to get on the interstate, it's a curtsey, not a requirement. We all try to let you on, and stay out of your way, but sometimes we just can't do it.

I'm sorry for the rant. I'm very glad that we all walked away and there wasn't anyone hurt! But like I said, I'm seriously sick to my stomach over the waisted hours that went into this build that I have to do all over again, and more so sense I bought the body already done.
WHAT NO!! I just picked up on this. Sorry for your destroyed rig, and let me say people don't understand that tractors can't stop on a dime. I don't drive one but i rode with my dad back in the day and still remember some of those terrible drivers. Heck even when i tow with my truck they like to cut me off and slam on their brakes, put their turn signal to the left and cut 3 lanes to the right!!! They will never learn until it's too late.
DieselRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Chevy Crewcab Dually Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Banks Power F350 Crewcab Dually Bulldog 1.9 Scale Rigs 37 06-19-2014 12:21 PM
Bud Hauler F350 Dually Crewcab Bulldog 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 02-19-2013 06:16 PM
09 F350 crewcab dually badBKO 2.2 Scale Rigs 22 11-07-2011 07:52 PM
Showroom stock 90's ford F350 dually crewcab longbox! cloddyman 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 05-25-2011 08:48 PM
F550 CrewCab dually W/ Gooseneck CUSTOMHILUX 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 10-07-2009 06:05 PM