Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Chevy Crewcab Dually Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben h View Post
this is an awesome build i wish i had ur ingenuity and the cowl hood lol u must have 2.2s under it for it to sit that high mine is around 10.5inches but urs dont look nearly as big as mine sits this is a pic of my build
Hi! Thanks for looking! The cowl was already on the hood when I got the body. I can't take any credit for that. I am actually using 1.7 rims and tires. The tires are RC4WD Irocks. The tires are 4 inches tall. Keep in mind how long mine is compared to yours. It makes the whole thing look bigger.

You've got a really cool looking rig there!
Hwheeler73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Location: In West Monroe,LA...yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed
Default Re: Chevy Crewcab Dually Build

I love that style of nerf bars.Heres some i built.Hey,we have a lot in common
krazykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykrawler View Post
I love that style of nerf bars.Heres some i built.Hey,we have a lot in common
That's a good looking truck! Yah, we do! Like I said, with as long and as tall as this thing is, it really needed something! I got lucky looking around on the net and found the style that I made. I'm actually pretty happy with how they came out! Now I just have to figure out how to get them mounted!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwheeler73 View Post
Hi! Thanks for looking! The cowl was already on the hood when I got the body. I can't take any credit for that. I am actually using 1.7 rims and tires. The tires are RC4WD Irocks. The tires are 4 inches tall. Keep in mind how long mine is compared to yours. It makes the whole thing look bigger.

You've got a really cool looking rig there!
yea i realized after i posted it that its in the 1.9 forum so i figured they werent 2.2s and yea urs is allot longer

and thanks my scoop showed up today so i glued it on and slaped on some paint quickly not sure if i like the scoop i msged the guy who made urs seeing if hed make another this one is a lil to tall and waiting to see some updates on urs i just need a grill for mine know were to get a nice chevy one?

ben h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben h View Post
yea i realized after i posted it that its in the 1.9 forum so i figured they werent 2.2s and yea urs is allot longer and thanks my scoop showed up today so i glued it on and slaped on some paint quickly not sure if i like the scoop i msged the guy who made urs seeing if hed make another this one is a lil to tall and waiting to see some updates on urs i just need a grill for mine know were to get a nice chevy one?
Yah, that's pretty big. Looks cool though! There's a guy in Germany that makes some custom grills for these. Here's a link. http://www.customcuts.de/epages/6213...evy%20Grill%22 There are a couple of guys on here that have ordered from him including myself. It takes a little bit to get it all the way from Germany but they are nice! I just got an insert for mine but this link will take you to the whole grill. And he takes PayPal so it will convert the money for you!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:34 AM   #86
Pebble Pounder

looking great. love your step bars. makes me want to make some. Is it nice or a pain in the ass to get to go to different hobby shops across the country. Bet you see some cool stuff. Cant wait to see whats next.
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:40 AM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh1985 View Post
looking great. love your step bars. makes me want to make some. Is it nice or a pain in the ass to get to go to different hobby shops across the country. Bet you see some cool stuff. Cant wait to see whats next.
Thank you! Yah, most often it's a pain! I've parked in the middle of the street to run into a couple! And most often, they don't have what I need. I have met some really great people at some of the hobby shops though! It's usually easier to order what I need and wait till I get home to get it. Right now I have a bunch of stuff waiting at home! Me too! Lol! That's the hard part of building this and trying to order parts off of the internet. I'm never sure if it will work without it in my hand! I'm already sure that I will have stuff for sale on here when I'm done. It'll be the stuff that didn't work! Lol!

Last edited by Hwheeler73; 03-13-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Woohoo! I just realized that I get to swing by the house today and grab the goodies waiting for me! It's gunna be a good day! Look for updates soon!

Last edited by Hwheeler73; 03-13-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Aww Guys! This is getting awesome! IMO! New bed tool box. Unbelievable scale hardware from Locked Up and RC4WD! Six Shooter light bar! Just for you, fr8cture, I threw the grill in! It won't stay that way though! I have a billet insert for it! Finally got my rear drive shaft from Shanghai! New chromish diff covers! And just threw the fender flairs on to see if I liked them or not. I think I do! Give me your opinions please! I have pics of both sides to compare. Also nailed down the paint job! Oh and the rear bumper too! It's like Christmas in March!
Attached Images

Last edited by Hwheeler73; 03-13-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Not a fan of the flairs personally.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

I like the paint,it will be classy,not flashy.Also not a fan of the flares.Everything else is coming together nicely
Old 03-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #92

Just another opinion it all looks great and I like the flairs because to me it helps the ratio of tire size to fenders.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
mossyoak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyoak4x4 View Post
Just another opinion it all looks great and I like the flairs because to me it helps the ratio of tire size to fenders. Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking. I'm trying to figure out how to narrow this rear end to get the back tires tucked more but I can't get them in all the way because of the leaf springs. If I can get it narrowed to where I want it, then the flares will cover the part that is still sticking out.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #94

With all the great work you and others do on body modifications is there any way you can make bigger fenders on the side of the bed with styrene or something?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
mossyoak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyoak4x4 View Post
With all the great work you and others do on body modifications is there any way you can make bigger fenders on the side of the bed with styrene or something? Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
I didn't make this body. I did modify it though. I cut it apart to separate the cab and the bed and I did the drop bed. The fenders were already on it. It is possible to redo them but I'm concerned about the scale appearance of it if I do. I don't know? Let's get everyone's opinions! Widen the dually fenders and narrow the rear end or keep the flairs and narrow the rear end? Get everyone to give their opinion!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #96
Pebble Pounder

I like the flare look

Sent using magic
crawl33oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Well I dont like the flares and widening the rear will throw off the proportions. I think your best option is to contact carter fab he should be able to get you a rear axle that will work.

Last edited by fr8cture; 03-13-2014 at 08:45 PM.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #98
Rock Stacker

Keep the flares. If it were a real truck that was lifted and had bigger tires they would stick out just like your truck does now so flares for the scale appearance. love the paint job too by the way can't wait to see it done. Great work so far man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gcm2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

When I was going to build it as a low rider I was using a Tamiya semi axle.Another option you may check into is the Traxxas funny car rear end.I believe it's really narrow.Hope this helps
Old 03-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Played around with the grill and front bumper a little.
Attached Images

Chevy Crewcab Dually Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Banks Power F350 Crewcab Dually Bulldog 1.9 Scale Rigs 37 06-19-2014 12:21 PM
Bud Hauler F350 Dually Crewcab Bulldog 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 02-19-2013 06:16 PM
09 F350 crewcab dually badBKO 2.2 Scale Rigs 22 11-07-2011 07:52 PM
Showroom stock 90's ford F350 dually crewcab longbox! cloddyman 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 05-25-2011 08:48 PM
F550 CrewCab dually W/ Gooseneck CUSTOMHILUX 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 10-07-2009 06:05 PM