RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   RC4WD Planetery Transmission Pinion HELP (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/484871-rc4wd-planetery-transmission-pinion-help.html)

fallensk8man89 02-25-2014 11:22 AM

RC4WD Planetery Transmission Pinion HELP

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong section. I just recently purchased a rig with this planetary transmission and it did not include a pinion. I have searched through the forums and all I have found is that it is a 48p 15t metric pinion. Although I know what 48p is and a 15t is, I have never heard of a metric pinion....

So my question is, does anyone know of a pinion that is compatible with this transmission? And can anyone further elaborate on what a metric pinion is and how it differs from a standard pinion.

Any help will be much appreciated

T I N Y 02-25-2014 04:23 PM

Re: RC4WD Planetery Transmission Pinion HELP

The teeth are cut a little different.and they're a hair off in size.The metric.If put on a normal spur will tear it up.And the same if a normal one is put on a metric spur.

littletoyboy 02-25-2014 06:33 PM

Is it a disruptor trans? If so rc4wd sells the pinion needed.

fallensk8man89 02-26-2014 11:44 AM

Thanks for the quick response guys....

Yes it is a disruptor transmission from rc4wd. and they do sell an hd gear for it, but it is out of stock. also I think it said they were going to be discontinued.

I am not just trying to get a pinion to get it going, I am also trying to find an alternative pinion that people can buy down the road if they need one for this transmission.

So... does anyone know of a pinion other than those from rc4wd that will work with this transmission?

spookyseven 02-26-2014 07:58 PM

I think tamiya is known for using metric pitch pinions in vehicles, cc01 for example. I also read that they are a .6 pitch, if it's the same as a .6 MOD these are used as pinions on berg axles and Robinson racing makes a 15 tooth pinion. Sorry it's not a definite answer. You could try emailing Robinson racing directly.

fallensk8man89 02-26-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookyseven (Post 4688423)
I think tamiya is known for using metric pitch pinions in vehicles, cc01 for example. I also read that they are a .6 pitch, if it's the same as a .6 MOD these are used as pinions on berg axles and Robinson racing makes a 15 tooth pinion. Sorry it's not a definite answer. You could try emailing Robinson racing directly.

thanks spooky I appreciate the info. I have found one of those and ordered one so I will post when I receive it and test it.

fallensk8man89 03-03-2014 12:01 PM

just an update. the robinson racing 15T mod .6 Metric Pinion will fir this transmission and is much more durable than the just that comes with it factory

Yotapane 03-03-2014 07:26 PM

I've had issues tracking down the same gear for my glenade, rc4wd has a contact button and I emailed them that the gear was lost and they instantly emailed me back with the link to the upgraded gear..

bent 02-20-2016 09:10 PM

Yota I need that link. i have this trans in my rig an cannot find a pinion anywhere