simp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: H2Micr0's FJ '40 Shorty' Trail Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by simp View Post
Nice build out of a lexon body!
It can be pulled off really well, with the right application of thought, imagination and implementation.

Cheers
H2Micr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I can't believe you put all that detail into a build, but yet put the steering wheel on the wrong side
Derek Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:53 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Larsen View Post
I can't believe you put all that detail into a build, but yet put the steering wheel on the wrong side
What are you talking about

It is on the 'right' side obviously

Cheers
H2Micr0
Old 01-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

It appears I have missed posting up my latest video outing with the Shorty.

I hope you all enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzGTTUmbLLY

Cheers
H2Micr0
Old 06-17-2015, 05:00 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Been a while.

But Shorty has been out a couple of times.

My most recent outing was last weekend where we went on a trail drive.

Was some great terrain and an awesome group of guys.

Here are some pics from the outing.

We were out on the trail for 5 hours. Went through 3 1800mah 3s batts and started on a 4th. Mechanically there were no issues, however I did rip the front number plate off, and the driver seat mount broke. Made it difficult to drive says Sly.

Cheers
H2Micr0

Last edited by H2Micr0; 06-17-2015 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #27

Fantastic builds, love your dedication to Toyota. This is my first post here as have just joined after deciding to get back into RC cars. I have bought a shelf queen Tundra ready to go that I intend just driving and getting used to RC again after all these years. Been an avid camper and 4wd'er all my life so will be interesting to do it in scale. I have purchased RC4wd D90, D110 and Toyota 40 kits that I will be building up. Going to build a 45 trayback and a 45 Troopy out of the two Toyota kits, a soft top D90 comp truck and want to replicate Jamie from JTS's 110 ute or may make it a dualcab. Have a second hand Hilux body coming that I want as a comp truck also.

Your builds have inspired me and I can't wait for them all to arrive so I can start my own.... Spent hours reading all your build threads and watching your vids.... Love them. I am in Parkes and hopefully will be able to get to Sydney to do some comps in the future.

One thing I have been unable to find are figures for drivers, the RC4wd ones don't float my boat and seem a bit expensive so was wondering where you get yours from???

Keep up the great work,

Cheers, Claws
Claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws View Post
Fantastic builds, love your dedication to Toyota. This is my first post here as have just joined after deciding to get back into RC cars. I have bought a shelf queen Tundra ready to go that I intend just driving and getting used to RC again after all these years. Been an avid camper and 4wd'er all my life so will be interesting to do it in scale. I have purchased RC4wd D90, D110 and Toyota 40 kits that I will be building up. Going to build a 45 trayback and a 45 Troopy out of the two Toyota kits, a soft top D90 comp truck and want to replicate Jamie from JTS's 110 ute or may make it a dualcab. Have a second hand Hilux body coming that I want as a comp truck also.

Your builds have inspired me and I can't wait for them all to arrive so I can start my own.... Spent hours reading all your build threads and watching your vids.... Love them. I am in Parkes and hopefully will be able to get to Sydney to do some comps in the future.

One thing I have been unable to find are figures for drivers, the RC4wd ones don't float my boat and seem a bit expensive so was wondering where you get yours from???

Keep up the great work,

Cheers, Claws
Gidday Claws

Lucky bugger with all that new kit on the way. I would love to do a Troopy with the new hard body. Hope I can follow your adventures too.

In regards to the figures, I got most of mine from Ebay. Search for 7" articulated figures, or action figures. Just be sure to research the characters you are interested in as not all have knees for instance and can't sit down.

If you search on Facebook for WESROC, I am one of the admin, and we hold events in the Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Sydney areas on a regular basis.

Cheers
H2Micr0
Old 06-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Very nice looking fj beautiful work my friend
rjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Micr0 View Post
Gidday Claws

If you search on Facebook for WESROC, I am one of the admin, and we hold events in the Blue Mountains, Lithgow and Sydney areas on a regular basis.

Cheers
H2Micr0
Just put in a request to join your Facebook page... Sean E. Trying to join Crawl ANZ but the question? At the end to see if I'm real keeps thwarting me...

Yes I got a bit carried away buying kits and bits... Just bought the Yota off RC4wd today also.. $299 for a RTR is pretty good and I will chuck the Lexen body and fit the hardbody Hilux one to it.... Think I have enough to keep me going with projects for the next few years. Picked up some 3/16 and 1/4 steel tube and some 0.6mm sheet steel also, going to fabricate a four post bullbar for the trayback and one of those slightly ugly tubular Toyota bull bars for the Troopy. Give the that real 70's look... We had a 75 fj40 with the tube bar back in 78-79 when we lived in Wagga Wagga and were members of the newly formed four wheel drive club.

Anywho, I am guessing most of my bits won't get here for a few weeks yet as postage tends to be slow from the U.S. So I have time to set up a workbench for them and do some more work on rebuilding a rolled offroad caravan we bought.

I'll definitely post up build threads as I start each one, half the fun is sharing your builds with others.

Cheers, Claws
Claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:50 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Update Time!!!!

Only been 6 months or so, no problem.

The good news is that Shorty has not just been sitting on the shelf.

I have been out on the trail a couple of times, some for 4 hours or more at a time.

Here is a quick catch up.

I traveled up to Newcastle, 2 hours north of Sydney, and met up with some fellow scale enthusiasts for a trail run with them.

What a great spot that was.

Spent around 5 hours out on the trail that day.

Took it's toll though. The dog kept jumping around on the passenger seat and broke it.

Bit of MEK and fixed.

Then I drove 14 hours up to QLD to visit my Brother and Mum. Of course I took my rigs with me.

I also was able to get some video of Shorty while there.

Here are some of the pics, and links to the video.

This is the location where I made the video.

Video Links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y37r64phF3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIO_eO1Yt6o

Once back to Sydney I picked some 1.55 Rock Stompers locally, and tried them on Shorty.

And I liked them, a lot. They just seemed right at home on Shorty. They stayed.

Went out wheeling with a mate at a local spot not far from home.

The interesting thing is that with the Rock Stompers on, Shorty actually turns better. I attribute this to the fact that the Growlers are soo grippy, the inside rear tyre won't slip and as a result pushes and fights against the outside front tyre.

Due to how heavy Shorty is, I really have not noticed a lack of grip compared to the Growlers when out on the trail.

I did however manage to pull the tyre completely off the rim LOL.

Lukily the bead was not damaged.

In that same outing I also broke the dogs seat again, and half ripped the fender flare off. haha

With these things repaired and some general maintenance completed, it was time for our WESROC ST4 Challenge.

I entered Shorty in, and thought I would test run a trailer, to see just how much harder it could be, and to later factor pulling a trailer in to our points system.

Ready to go.

Out on the course.

Isn't this how a trail worthy FJ40 should look?

More recently I added some more lights to Shorty as we went on a night social run. 4 hours out in the bush with a bunch of scaler mates - priceless!!!

And now you are all up to date.

I will try not to let such a long time pass between updates.

Cheers
H2Micr0
Old 01-25-2016, 04:50 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Update Time!!!!

Only been 6 months or so, no problem.

The good news is that Shorty has not just been sitting on the shelf.

I have been out on the trail a couple of times, some for 4 hours or more at a time.

Here is a quick catch up.

I traveled up to Newcastle, 2 hours north of Sydney, and met up with some fellow scale enthusiasts for a trail run with them.

What a great spot that was.

Spent around 5 hours out on the trail that day.

Took it's toll though. The dog kept jumping around on the passenger seat and broke it.

Bit of MEK and fixed.

Then I drove 14 hours up to QLD to visit my Brother and Mum. Of course I took my rigs with me.

I also was able to get some video of Shorty while there.

Here are some of the pics, and links to the video.

This is the location where I made the video.

Video Links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y37r64phF3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIO_eO1Yt6o

Once back to Sydney I picked some 1.55 Rock Stompers locally, and tried them on Shorty.

And I liked them, a lot. They just seemed right at home on Shorty. They stayed.

Went out wheeling with a mate at a local spot not far from home.

The interesting thing is that with the Rock Stompers on, Shorty actually turns better. I attribute this to the fact that the Growlers are soo grippy, the inside rear tyre won't slip and as a result pushes and fights against the outside front tyre.

Due to how heavy Shorty is, I really have not noticed a lack of grip compared to the Growlers when out on the trail.

I did however manage to pull the tyre completely off the rim LOL.

Lukily the bead was not damaged.

In that same outing I also broke the dogs seat again, and half ripped the fender flare off. haha

With these things repaired and some general maintenance completed, it was time for our WESROC ST4 Challenge.

I entered Shorty in, and thought I would test run a trailer, to see just how much harder it could be, and to later factor pulling a trailer in to our points system.

Ready to go.

Out on the course.

Isn't this how a trail worthy FJ40 should look?

More recently I added some more lights to Shorty as we went on a night social run. 4 hours out in the bush with a bunch of scaler mates - priceless!!!

And now you are all up to date.

I will try not to let such a long time pass between updates.

Cheers
H2Micr0
Old 01-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Good-looking FJ Mr. Micro!!! I too have an FJ with the Stompers. They just stayed and never went lol. Love the use of the Yota axles. My favorite axles by far... You weren't afraid to get all benihana on that body either. Job well-done!
Reflektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflektr View Post
Good-looking FJ Mr. Micro!!! I too have an FJ with the Stompers. They just stayed and never went lol. Love the use of the Yota axles. My favorite axles by far... You weren't afraid to get all benihana on that body either. Job well-done!
Thanks for the comment!!!

I intend to get out and make a video with the FJ Tub trailer soon.

Cheers
H2Micr0

H2Micr0's FJ '40 Shorty' Trail Rig - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H2Micr0's FJ45 Troop Carrier H2Micr0 1.9 Scale Rigs 43 03-25-2016 12:25 AM
H2Micr0's Scale 1 FJ45 Ute H2Micr0 1.9 Scale Rigs 22 02-04-2016 03:57 AM
H2Micr0's Tandem Box Trailer H2Micr0 Scale Accessories 7 04-04-2014 12:33 AM
H2Micr0's SCX10 FJ40 Trayback H2Micr0 1.9 Scale Rigs 38 03-23-2014 07:37 AM
Another Shorty 40 Highlucks Tamiya CR-01 5 01-11-2010 07:35 PM