Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Recovery Trail Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Recovery Trail Truck

The beginning of my recovery trail truck. I plan to have all the doors and tailgate functional on the utility bed and might do a full interior and operating doors and hood as well. The look I was going for is similar to the truck below , only without cutting off the roof and making a rack on top ofthe roll cage.

Current progress so far.

ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Recovery Trail Truck

The utility bed looks great man keep the progress coming.
bagged86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
RCC Addict

That's a Ferd!

Love it already!

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Yeah I thought of doing it with a yota body but there are so many people that have them I figured i'd go totally different with the Ford since you almost never see them.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I love the FORD body
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Your bed turned out far better than mine did. I stopped my utility bed build about 2 weeks ago. it was my second attempt with styrene. I realized that it needed to be re-worked. and I have since lost inspiration.

Love how your bed is turning out. Not trying to hi-jack, but here is a pic of my bed with a Dingo half-cab Dually

Slide out drawers

Can't wait to see your bed complete !!
Emarknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emarknot View Post
Your bed turned out far better than mine did. I stopped my utility bed build about 2 weeks ago. it was my second attempt with styrene. I realized that it needed to be re-worked. and I have since lost inspiration.

Love how your bed is turning out. Not trying to hi-jack, but here is a pic of my bed with a Dingo half-cab Dually

Slide out drawers

Looks like a good start to me . Like you said just a little fit and finish and it should look great. I never thought about doing drawers though , I planned on just putting all the scale tools I have in it. And where did you get the scale torch ?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

There is a local toy store near me, it is half toys and half doll house. I found the torch in a side cabinet on the doll house side for $15.

I have a build thread on the drawers on another site.

I signed to rcc a while back ago, but I don't ever post. The craftsmanship on here exceeds my abilities. Your post is what I envisioned my bed to be,obviously I need more practice.
Emarknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I was just thinking about something like this today! Awesome idea and great start. Of course, the Ford trips my trigger. Following.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Are you going to make this one a dually I know most of the trucks here in Louisiana that look like this are 1 ton duallys either way its looks awesome and a scale miller bobcat welder would be sick also :thumbup:

Last edited by noobiescaler35; 07-25-2013 at 02:38 AM.
noobiescaler35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Slide out drawers

Try the styrene challenges in the general scale section. Definitely helping me hone the skills required.

OP- nice utility bed, may have to try that approach with my H2 ute I have sitting around....haven't seen that yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
There is a local toy store near me, it is half toys and half doll house. I found the torch in a side cabinet on the doll house side for $15.

I have a build thread on the drawers on another site.

I signed to rcc a while back ago, but I don't ever post. The craftsmanship on here exceeds my abilities. Your post is what I envisioned my bed to be,obviously I need more practice.
Thanks for the info , I've seen other people with those before and thought it was doll house supplies. I need 2 so I can make one a power tank .
Old 07-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
I was just thinking about something like this today! Awesome idea and great start. Of course, the Ford trips my trigger. Following.
Thanks Greg ! You should do one up , and make it a dually with an F-350 body . I haven't seen to many builds with the old F-150 so I figured i'd try something different with a utility bed .
Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiescaler35 View Post
Are you going to make this one a dually I know most of the trucks here in Louisiana that look like this are 1 ton duallys either way its looks awesome and a scale miller bobcat welder would be sick also :thumbup:
I was really wanting to keep it like the photo of the s10 and look like a trail truck that just so happens to have a utility bed on it. I like the idea of using semi truck rims and doing a dually but I don't want to lose rock crawling abilities . But I could be wrong ! Oh I do have the Proline portable welder and need to get some Hobart stickers made for it.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I don't think you'd loose any abilities I've seen duallys on YouTube going through some tough stuff either way your truck is looking good
Old 07-27-2013, 01:26 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Any progress?
Old 07-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Making it a dually just makes things way more complicated. Yes, if it were perfectly scale, that would be cool, but I'd say keep it simple. I still have a crewcab and a dually that I'm trying to figure out. I'll enjoy watching this instead of building a utility truck myself!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

nike this build is crap LOL i just noticed who this was cant wait to see it in person when u gonna go out with me an sam again
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskills View Post
nike this build is crap LOL i just noticed who this was cant wait to see it in person when u gonna go out with me an sam again
I talk to him the other day and we are going to Cascade Park in Elyria on Sunday. So be ready !
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Making it a dually just makes things way more complicated. Yes, if it were perfectly scale, that would be cool, but I'd say keep it simple. I still have a crewcab and a dually that I'm trying to figure out. I'll enjoy watching this instead of building a utility truck myself!
I thinking I'll just keep it more like the pic instead of a dually , I'm already having trouble trying to find the right axles for it since I whant them to actually fit under the wheel wells , the body is only 6 - 3/4 inches. I'm thinking i'll have to cut down some scx 10 axles .

Recovery Trail Truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Recovery Truck Tonysmini Axial SCX-10 17 03-19-2013 06:42 AM
F-350 Recovery Truck (now a dually!!!) maxxa87 Axial SCX-10 32 06-26-2012 08:18 PM
8x8 scale recovery truck tundrafan01 1.9 Scale Rigs 0 11-26-2010 07:49 PM
recovery truck lobi1kanobi Scale Videos! 8 05-05-2009 11:00 PM