Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: First scale build thread aka Mega Pile

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

Default First scale build thread aka Mega Pile

Hi all, so this is my first build thread. This is also my first scaler build. I am out to make a close scale replica of a Mega racing truck. I am starting off with a well used and betup scx10 honcho. The only things modded on it is a dual motor plate and metal driveshafts. The motor plate is being removed for now. Its a blank slate that needs some love. It has no electronics on it except for the steering survo that has one side of the ears broke off. I have some parts ordered and waiting for them to show before I get to picture happy.

Parts I have on the way
RC4WD mud bashers in 1.9 size
Axial 1.9 8 hole beadlocks in black
AX-3 radio and receiver
AE-5 speed control with lipo and drag brake
Axial 20t motor out of a wraith( This is going to be temp till I figure out a dual motor setup)
Axial wraith motor covor
Wraith 80 tooth spur
Wraith single motor plate

I still have some parts to figure out like body, shocks, real motor setup. I am planning some metal upgrades like axles housing, c hub, knucks, lock outs, trans housing and gears. I will probably buy parts a little at a time. I am building this on a budget of about $100ish a week.

Here are some pictures when I got it home.

This is its brother I bought brand new 1 week earlier and could justify modifying it yet.

Hope you guys like the build and will fallow along. I also will like any input on shocks or motor setups. Also I can not seem to find a Suzuki samurai shell anywhere. O the link below will show you what I am going for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HcGuvPs5tE
VTSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #2

Default Re: First scale build thread aka Mega Pile

First update...
Got all my parts in. Tomorrow will be assembly day, but here are some parts pictures.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #3

Default Re: First scale build thread aka Mega Pile

So upgrade day 1 was a success. Got the tires mounted on wheels. Got the wheels mounted on the truck. Replaced the lower links front and rear with some new plastic ones(for now). Put in a steering link upgrade I had laying around. Installed all the electronics. The ax5 esc is awesome. The dual motor plate was removed at least for now and replaced with a single motor plate and spur cover. It also has a gear swap and motor swap. Gears changed to a 20 pinion and 80 spur. It was a 20 pinion and a 86 spur. The motor is a 20t axial unit. Most of those parts where take offs from a guy that change his g6 jk to brushless. I still need some parts like 4 link kit, c hubs, knuckle, lock outs, shocks, driveshaft. Heres some pictures of it. I lover her.

First scale build thread aka Mega Pile - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you have a scale 1.5 build thread look here! 1BadJeepBruiser 1.5 Scale Rigs 48 02-05-2020 05:43 PM
SilveradoTX's Mega Photo Thread SilveradoTX General Crawlers 14 03-09-2015 05:11 PM
2.2 scale build thread King James HPI Wheely King 68 02-10-2014 09:14 PM
My im not sure what its is yet scacler or not so scale build thread thesnake505 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 12 02-28-2012 10:32 AM
Scale Jeep Build Thread ebbet Duratrax Cliff Climber 2 01-24-2010 11:30 AM