Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: boxhead's class 1 rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 08:56 AM   #1

Default boxhead's class 1 rig

okay so i was planning to do a patrol shell but due to availability being pretty low now im gunna stick with my blue blood and do a f150 cab from proline instead

stuff im currently waiting for or havent ordered yet

gcm mount kit + panhard mounts(already have links for it ready to go)

motor (thinking about going with another holmes hobbies torque master but in 35t this time round but will probably buy a cheapie off ebay till then)

dampers(thinking gmade diaphragm 75mm jobbies altho the rules dont say anything about shock length anymore just that maximum gap is 25mm between top of tire and guard now soo maybe il go to stock axial shocks instead possably)

another futaba receiver so i ddont have to switch reveiver from rig to rig

a cc 10 amp bec

alloy servo horn

drive shafts(most likely junfac because im cheap)

stuff i already have:

axial ae2 esc (plastidipped but may change to to a sidewinder micro later on)

topcad diff gears(the ones where the spool and ring gear is one piece)

topcad cvd's(will be changing very soon)

3 racing c hubs

vp high clearance knuckles

mr links straight link kit with traxxas rod ends

hardened steel tranny gears

servo winch from kyle

heyokay 3 pos winch controller

tray mock up so far:

will update soon when its a rioller again and i aquire shell of choice(may change from whats listed above in that time tho but either way it will be a as truggy as i can get away with in c1 haha)
boxhead1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2015, 04:36 AM   #2

Default Re: boxhead's class 1 rig

here is a teaser at what i ended up deciding to delve into cardboard for mocking up sizes

will be using high impact polystyrene from a local supplier

this will be something along the lines of the russian trial trucks and this will be a trail rig so is staying 4x4

now just wondering if i have gotten my sizes right here to me it looks a tad big in the cab but still undecided yet

and yes that is a man n4510 to some degree

i think the biggest challenge im going to have is doing the interior around a gcm from motor mount but that should work out fairly well
Old 05-23-2015, 05:04 AM   #3

okay so my gcm order showed up and i have it all fitted up now unfortunatly images will have to wait as the loan phone i have right now the pictures just look horible and cant really see what im actually trying to show you but the good news is il probably have shocks and maybe another diff mocked up there too aswell seems theres nothing in the craw anz rules that says 6x6 is not aloud so im gunna roll with that and do this properly, yay
Old 07-27-2015, 11:05 PM   #4

+okay after not doing much with this i have ordered the ocp wraith shafts to complete my xr mod along with hulksta limited steering arms and will have mr links inks to suite on there way tomorow hopefully

i have decided that i would like to attempt to do a mojave body if i can find one thats nearly complete and not banged up i will be happy gunna be a nice little tough street looking rig so wouldnt be considered a daily so much altho you would somewhat get away with doing so if it wasnt for the fact that tireconsumption would be very poor and you would need plenty of money to daily that size and compound but all in all the rulesdo state a street legal rig so the way i see it a coil swap is still within those limits

so this will be a more weekend worrior style shell that should hopefully come together real soon and i look forward to beating on it asap
Old 10-09-2015, 01:50 AM   #5

well i changed the direction i was going in again and bought this used shell for the mean time as the bug to get on the trails was biting again

just have to sort out how im gunna mount my dingo front bumper to keep this on the cheaper side but since im using a gcm twin servo mount i cant just clip it in like i could previously or how the stock bumper mount would

also shortened a ar60 front housing down and cut down some wraith ocp uni's to suite with hulksta limited steering arms to keep the steering happy and unmodded ocp shafts happy and everything less likely to bind and break things

also note im using the standard ar60 plastic c hubs and knuckles for now (hell i used zap a gap and an old drive shaft to shorten the plastic housing down to size aswell, tight budget at its finest i guess) will have to see how it all goes soon as i have a few more bits to purchase first before i can take it on the trail again(like a receiver and 3s batteries that started getting puffy so discharged and binned them)

i really do need to sort out the upper link alot better and either purchase or make up new steering links to suite asap aswell

Last edited by THX_138; 08-29-2017 at 01:42 AM.

boxhead's class 1 rig - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 class rig jmz6 General Crawlers 7 11-06-2008 01:34 AM