Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Help with bead locks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2015, 08:18 AM   #1

Default Help with bead locks

I bought some proline faultlines and pitbull rock beasts... I was only able to mount 1 tire with out it having a crazy wobble. Not sure what I did so I don't want to mess with it.

Any tips? From what I can tell the beads do seat properly behind the lock rings (front and rear), they sit in the hexes good and I checked to see if anything wobbled with the wheels off and it looks fine.

Im thinking its the tire foam? Its 2 pieces, should I get new foam? Will it eventually break in and then run "true" ?
03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Help with bead locks

Make sure your foams aren't all wadded up inside....and keep in mind how difficult Pro-Line tires are to mount on any wheel...typically they will be ok if you can hold the bead....the wheel isn't causing the wobble, it's usually the foams are twisted or off set
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #3

Is there a different foam I should get? Maybe a 1 piece? These have become a pain in the a**... sooooo many screws.
03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Lol, you might look into a power tool to help with the screws. A small hand held works great and saves a lot of time. I think mine cost about $20

When I use a two stage foam, I sometimes use a drop of ca to keep them from migrating when you crawl, or when you are muscling the foams to get them centered in the tire. Just try to get it centered in the tire before you mount the wheel. Single stage foams are obviously easier to use...but not as nice performance wise...

Are you using wheel weights? If they are not balanced, that will be an issue also.
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote

Help with bead locks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ultimate Bead Locks: DIGLER LOCKS DirkDigler Tires and Wheels 11 04-07-2008 05:19 PM
2.2 Bead-locks, the Good the Bad and the Best Damn 2.2 Bead-locks available! PinchFlat Tires and Wheels 36 06-11-2007 10:24 PM