Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project FJ Krawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Project FJ Krawler

I'm going to be back tracking this project a little bit because I never created a build thread.

Life started out with a 12" wheelbase G6 roller that I wanted to do I mini me of my fullsize FJ Cruiser.

Started out with some vanquish shock towers and a bunch of axial racing links to adjust the wheelbase.

Finally got the wheelbase where I wanted it which was surprisingly fun.

Then without the proper cutoff wheel for my dremel, I went with the next best thing and use some diagonal hand cutters and hacked a bit off the rear of the chassis to get the body sitting at a proper height.

Then it was time to paint up the Tamiya FJ Cruiser body in some Tamiya Silver, White, and Black.

Shortly after the paint dried RC4WD released their Warn Zeon winch which is the same winch that is on my full size. I ordered one from RPP.

After receiving it I noticed that it was rather large…

Trying to ignore the size compared to the FJ body I was set on replicating my Warn bumper and settled on the SSD which bumper for the Rubicon which looks very close except for the length and the bull bar. I also added on a Gear Head roof rack to simulate my ARB one.

I also needed the FJ to be legal on the roads when the occasional driving up and down the cup-de-sac happens so I hit up the RCDMV on face book and licensed it.

Then after realizing that I couldn't see where I was going when it got dark I installed a cheap eBay lighting kit.

After a few drives and a video of the FJ Krawler,

STRC announced that their short wheelbase chassis was back in stock I jumped on it after reading through OSRC's Bronco build using the chassis I ordered the set as well as Boomracing SCX10 shock towers from Asiatees Hobbies and some new Axial Racing Icon shocks and soft springs since the proline powerstrokes just weren't as soft as I needed them to be.

And here is where it sits currently, just need to figure out how to mount the bumper to the frame rails so that it'll clear the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by stonecold; 01-20-2016 at 09:25 AM.
stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Project FJ Krawler

Nice looking truck.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
Nice looking truck.
Thanks!
stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Very cool. My build is inspired similarly. I like how well you have matched the full size rig I need to buy another body to do the same

Sent from my SM-N910T
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote

Project FJ Krawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Squirrel ...by Krawler Konceptz Krawler Konceptz Paint and Body 37 07-21-2013 03:32 PM
Krawler Konceptz Micro Krawler Skinz Krawler Konceptz Vendors Paint and Body 9 04-15-2010 09:49 AM
Krawler Konceptz Skinz for the Micro Krawler Krawler Konceptz Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 13 12-13-2009 05:49 PM
RC4WD Killer Stealth Krawler, My custom project... craigrobbo Tamiya Clod Buster 11 03-08-2009 03:20 AM
**Krawler Tape & Krawler Tire Prep** run2jeepn Vendors Tires and wheels 27 11-19-2007 09:04 PM