Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Poprivet's first full tuber named U.N.C.L.E.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2016, 08:24 PM   #281
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Poprivet's first full tuber named U.N.C.L.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poprivet View Post
It just dawned on me how to fix the stripped threads in the front brass tube.
No pictures, sorry I got in a hurry.

I simply brazed up the holes and redrilled and tapped them m3.
We'll see if the silver solder holds up better than the brass. Either way it's back up and running again.
Some times we make the easiest problems soooooo hard, until the light goes on! Good job! I have the weight mounting all figured out and in a way that you will be able to match it. I'll send photos tomorrow after I see the Doc, results from the CT and bone scan. I'm sure I know what's coming next.
I talked with Kelly on Tuesday and his 1/8 scale turnbuckles are 4mm and threaded for traxxas link ends. Do you have all of your link measurements nailed down yet. I have them on the Bulldog. His lengths go all the way up to 130mm and are measured from thread end to thread end.
Ernie,
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2016, 08:35 PM   #282
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Some times we make the easiest problems soooooo hard, until the light goes on! Good job! I have the weight mounting all figured out and in a way that you will be able to match it. I'll send photos tomorrow after I see the Doc, results from the CT and bone scan. I'm sure I know what's coming next.
I talked with Kelly on Tuesday and his 1/8 scale turnbuckles are 4mm and threaded for traxxas link ends. Do you have all of your link measurements nailed down yet. I have them on the Bulldog. His lengths go all the way up to 130mm and are measured from thread end to thread end.
Ernie,
I will take a look at my link length tomorrow. I may want to change them a little.

Just a thought. Wouldn't the block in the middle of the turnbuckles hang up on everything?
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #283
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poprivet View Post
I will take a look at my link length tomorrow. I may want to change them a little.

Just a thought. Wouldn't the block in the middle of the turnbuckles hang up on everything?
On the bottom turnbuckles I put them in the lathe and smooth the edges down. On the upper links it isn't a issue.

This is what they look like.

Last edited by CODYBOY; 08-05-2016 at 12:11 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #284
Rock Stacker

Crazy skills man. Made the replica look better than the original
e_w_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #285
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_w_b View Post
Crazy skills man. Made the replica look better than the original
Thank you sir.

You should see all the damage 5 hours of hard core at Turkey mountain did to the cage yesterday.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #286
Quarry Creeper

Well, since it's back on page one i might as well post up a little update.

I wound up having to change a few things, but I'm very pleased with the results. It doesn't crawl as well as my scx10, but it's pretty close.

I had the changes done, and only one run on it before crawl-a-palooza. So i did not comp it there, but i did run it in the poker run. I was surprised at how well it crawls now.

On to the changes.

The pitbull growlers with closed cell foams and wheel weights were swapped for some rock beast XL'S with 2 stage foams and no weights.

Much better in the traction department. Plus the larger tires looked better and gave me a little more ground clearance.

For the axles i finally, after waiting almost 3 months for the kit, i had to change my rpp order to the scx10ii rtr, just so i could get the other parts i had ordered with it.
Ssd diff covers, vanquish scale knuckles and c-hubs, and ssd sent me a replacement for my broken brass tube and bent rear axle, so i used the brass tubes in the front so i could use those knuckles and c-hubs. Also got some of beef tubes beef pattie brake rotors (hex style).

Here is the only picture of it at crawl-a-palooza. Taken by Evol Villain himself (thanks and hope you don't mind me using it). I found it in the article he wrote about crawl-a-palooza on his site scaleandtrail.com

Here's some shots from one of 2 local spots. Turkey mountain is a great place to crawl with lots of trails and plenty of rocks. We ran for a solid 5 hours, and i was real happy that U.N.C.L.E. was finally able to keep up with the rest of the pack with no breakage. It crawled quite well i must say.

You can see some of the damage the cage has taken. I do plan to tear everything back down to bare cage and replace the tubes that take the most damage with something stronger. But i figured i would just beat the crap out of it until then.

Hope you like. Thanks for looking.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #287
Rock Crawler

Looks good dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmxreeves is offline   Reply With Quote

Poprivet's first full tuber named U.N.C.L.E. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SUPER TUBER NAMED TSR-"tequila sun rise" AxialJeepster 1.9 Scale Rigs 15 07-22-2012 08:12 PM
Full Skin Tuber? Double J Chit Chat 9 11-22-2006 02:45 PM
4 link turned into FULL TUBER dhoffroad General Crawlers 5 03-04-2006 04:59 PM