Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: "I hope this works" C1 humvee build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2016, 02:41 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default "I hope this works" C1 humvee build.

Since I missed all of last season and the first comp of this season trying to decide what to build for my C1 rig since I totaled my willys build I decided to try something random and bring an old project back to life. I present to the wide world of RCC something I personally have not seen done yet (but I've been gone awhile). Here is where I'll try to document most of the build of my little tamiya m1025 humvee. Not much remains of the original truck (ok only the body is left) and I have focused on stability over anything else.

It all started off last week when I acquired a 1/16 slash 4x4 and proceeded to tear it apart.

I then had to figure out how to get to the 11-11.2" mark with a truck built around an 8" WB. I did figure it out eventually and my current design may change but it will work for now. Ok time for some pictures because I'm tired of typing.

Goodies list
Pitbull pbx at hardcore 1.9
VP 8hole shooters w/orange rings
.225 hubs (pics are with .350)
Holmes stubby 3300kV
Holmes BLE pro
Kms winch w/heyok controller
Stretched brushless ready 1/16 slash 4x4
Locked diffs

To come
Exo cage
Tube bumpers
Spare tire carrier
Roof rack
New paint color
Sliders
Interior (if I have room)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rock_starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: "I hope this works" C1 humvee build.

Looks pretty good, I wanna see how it will perform! How did you end up stretching the pan?
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:15 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

need to make portals for this would be so rad
bongsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:46 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I ended up using half of a second chassis to stretch it. It isn't pretty but it's solid and works. I'm going to work out a rail type chassis to make it more scale appearing.

I'd love to find a way to build some portals for it. Needs deeper gearing

Old 10-17-2016, 08:11 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

You can flip 2 of the gears in the transmission to go from a 5.x:1 ratio to a 9.x: ratio (I forget the exact numbers). They are the 2 gears that run on the hex drive shafts. I did this in my bouncer that I built where I ran the 1/16 Traxxas tranny. I also put Atomic Racing's steel gears in mine, as the smaller plastic gear on the hex drive split on me.

-Derek
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for the tip. I'll look into it.

I did get a little detail work, my tiny lift, and front bumper prepped/designed. Debating run the turret or building a solid bottom roof rack.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well took the humvee out for a quick shakedown run yesterday and discovered the stock shafts don't like locked diffs, need more drag brake, and my steering absolutely sucks. So to fix it I ordered the traxxas cvds and 2 hitec hs5085mg servos. 60 oz each vs single stock at 40 oz. Theoretically I'll have 120 oz to work with, plus I locked out the factory servo saver that only took 21 oz to overcome spring. Aside from popping shafts apart it was super stable, climbed well enough for a c1, and met or exceeded my expectations. I was happy considering on 4" tires I was doing doing things a scx and scx2 couldn't do. I love having an 88 degree approach and 80 degree departure.

This morning I did decide to try flipping the top 2 gears in the trans like SuperDrty suggested. It was stupid fast on 3s yesterday so I'm hoping I get a little more control out of it. I did hook it up to the castle link and bump my drag brake and bec up too. 100% drag brake from 30% and 6.0v bec from 5.5v. If all goes right I'll have it at the comp Sunday.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Very cool build. I really like it has full independent suspension like a real one
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:16 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Comped today and a few improvements necessary. So it ended up getting torn apart and this is as far as I got since 1pm today. Who knew some holes in the scx rails line up perfectly with mounts on the mini revo/slash/summit bulkheads.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Ok. Update. No more mini slash parts under this build. After about a week of beating my head against the bench and spying on other builds I've decided to pick up another 10.2 kit for axles and chassis. The other kit goodies will end up on my girls rtr or spare parts for my trail basher.

After about 5 minutes of mock up i have decided that i can get away with my plan of offset front pumpkin, full scale drivetrain, full interior, custom arms, and other beautiful goodness. As of now no pics but once i get back to working on this pics will come. This is going to be a very long term build. looking at 8-12 months total if i feel like getting ocd on the details. Plus I have the build of my C1 J2JK build currently nicknamed "fart can" due to my jokingly mounting the hip tuner muffler to the rear bumper. build for that coming soon (parts to be here saturday, aside from body).
Old 11-11-2016, 01:33 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

That looked pretty cool in blue, would have been sweet to see it stay independent but i'll still watch for updates.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

It's staying independent and the blue literally peeled off like plastidip

"I hope this works" C1 humvee build. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Hopefully this works" Unimog build! GasolineDream Axial SCX-10 14 05-01-2014 10:05 AM
The "I Hope it Looks Good" Bronco Build Jake 1.9 Scale Rigs 157 09-28-2012 08:43 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM