Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: C-maximum overdrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default C-maximum overdrive

I create CMAX! You watch, then buy! Very good.

Marvel at the awesome that is in front of you. Most people expect an actual chassis build thread, but as luck would have it (for me), mine came pre-assembled by the elves at GCM headquarters. Thanks, Santos L. Halper for all your hard work! It's beautiful, and in just my size!

I opted for the full-shebang, and got some very nice looking axles included. The TM8's are 3D printed by Shapeways, so they're strong, unlike the home-brew junk. They've got internals that are a combination of Vaterra and GCM wizardry. They are strong, beefy in the right places, and look pretty cool. Best part, built in spring perches for coil accuracy.

Along with an amazingly detailed set of frame rails that are completely customizable in terms of wheelbase, servo position, ability to run leafs or links, and transfer case location, came the combo of GCM/SSD trans and transfer case. Aside from being wildly detailed and accurate (right down the middle for nice weight balance voodoo), this GCM transfer case has a built in front output with overdrive. Tell me that isn't cool?! Rather than gear up the axles internally, just do it at the front output. Smart. I got to put this stuff together, so I felt like I actually did something.

Did I mention spring perches? Wow is about all I can say there. So nice to have an accurate option in tiny trucking.

My only personal bummer, was I found the included coils to be far too firm, so I swapped them out for a set of Pro-Line ones that I found to be way softer and offer a bit more flex. Still, with these tiny shocks, we're not looking for tons of flex, just enough to give a little body roll.

Speaking of bodies, I had Chris set this chassis up for the Land Cruiser 80 series body. I had one lying around here that has been bobbed and chopped by n00b himself. I've got to do some trimming before it sits properly, but expect some topless shots soon.

I'll be running a Tekin FXR setup with a nice 35T brushed motor. Not fast, not slow, just nice.

I'm very pleased with the fit & finish of GCM's stuff. Never before has there been a drop together option coupled with so much realism. And there's much more to come with this platform. Expect amazing things.

imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: C-maximum overdrive

Sexy top to bottom!
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Beautiful

chicken nut bread
Honcho907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:15 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Me likey! Now for that body...
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
Sexy top to bottom!
The bottom is the sexiest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honcho907 View Post
Beautiful

chicken nut bread
I like bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2rocks View Post
Me likey! Now for that body...
CMAXXXIMUM EXPOSURE.

Here's my body.

Crummy old 80 series. Didn't I already chop one of these and comp with it a year ago? Oh well I sold it, so now I can do it better again.

So clean.

All I had to do was trim off an inch or so off the back frame rails. Put the cross brace back in, drilled a couple holes, and plop. Turk.

Thread safe for work again, it's got it's top back on.

I'm pretty surprised at these TM8's width. With a more realistically sized tire, I might actually tuck!

Old 12-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Oh man, I'm excited in all the right places
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Now that I got my x-mas money mines in the mail!! I ordered the leaf spring version.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
...came pre-assembled by the elves at GCM headquarters. Thanks, Santos L. Halper for all your hard work! It's beautiful, and in just my size!

I opted for the full-shebang, and got some very nice looking axles included. The TM8's are 3D printed by Shapeways, so they're strong, unlike the home-brew junk. They've got internals that are a combination of Vaterra and GCM wizardry. They are strong, beefy in the right places, and look pretty cool. Best part, built in spring perches for coil accuracy.

Along with an amazingly detailed set of frame rails that are completely customizable in terms of wheelbase, servo position, ability to run leafs or links, and transfer case location, came the combo of GCM/SSD trans and transfer case. Aside from being wildly detailed and accurate (right down the middle for nice weight balance voodoo), this GCM transfer case has a built in front output with overdrive. Tell me that isn't cool?! Rather than gear up the axles internally, just do it at the front output.

Did I mention spring perches? Wow is about all I can say there. So nice to have an accurate option in tiny trucking.

I'll be running a Tekin FXR setup with a nice 35T brushed motor. Not fast, not slow, just nice.

I'm very pleased with the fit & finish of GCM's stuff. Never before has there been a drop together option coupled with so much realism. And there's much more to come with this platform. Expect amazing things.
Very nice, those axles look great and right at home under the Cruiser! Awesome option with the transmission and then tcase overdriving the front axle without need to have different axle ratios!

Sensible FXR with 35T motr, what sensible shoes are going under it? RC4WD 1.9 Baja MTZ or?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:59 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
Oh man, I'm excited in all the right places
Keep that info to yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super View Post
Now that I got my x-mas money mines in the mail!! I ordered the leaf spring version.
Awesome. Leafs are cool. Shocks and springs are cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Very nice, those axles look great and right at home under the Cruiser! Awesome option with the transmission and then tcase overdriving the front axle without need to have different axle ratios!

Sensible FXR with 35T motr, what sensible shoes are going under it? RC4WD 1.9 Baja MTZ or?
It's the all-time-most-sensible builder ever. Temporary swap to an Axial 27t for mocking up purposes. 35t had to go live in a Volvo. Shoes-wise? I might leave these biggies for now. We'll see how extreme I go.

This is why I'm not allowed to have nice things.

Hood off so we can get all the shots of this underpowered turk.

That poor 22R. It will never cwarl.

I'm planning on re-attaching the front windshield so I can be legal for certain classes. Not planning on building it to comp with, but heck, you never know. Thanks for the clean cuts, n00b!

Old 03-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Man, you have some killer trucks. Another one added to the collection!!
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote

C-maximum overdrive - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
maximum steering?? allenvince Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 08-11-2012 09:16 AM
Maximum Destruction as it should be william g Non Crawler RC's 2 09-17-2011 08:25 AM
maximum steering? shadow102 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 10-13-2008 03:06 PM
maximum speed.. juntom10 Newbie General 7 11-26-2006 12:38 PM
Maximum Overdrive need some carbon fiber General Scale Talk 25 11-02-2006 05:40 PM