Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My HPI Venture is on it's way...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2017, 04:45 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My HPI Venture is on it's way...

"get loaded on the slow boat from China"

Just so you know you can pretty much set your clock according to the arrival time of Maersk ships, and the time it take for their round trip ships to get from Asia to the EU are only a few weeks.
The ships sailing on the Americas and Asia route should have a faster turn around time.

Anyways i have moved on, but will probably not get my SCX 10 II going before the venture finally release, but that's solely to be blamed on the Fawked up Danish customs that now had possession of my #2 gear kit for close to 2 weeks now.

Only good vibe here is that my brass parts have cleared customs free of charge, and i will get them on Monday, my #2 gear i dont know paid customs on it Thursday but made the error of paying that early in the day where as normal i pay late in the afternoon and get parts the day after.
But i got squat yesterday and the track# have been mute since i paid my taxes and customs fees ( doubling the price of the #2 gear kit )

Back to HPI from what i hear this is pretty SOP from them, and no chance of that getting better.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2017, 06:59 AM   #82
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
X2, that looks like Hong Kong license plate, appears they have been loaded on the lorry, to go to the dock, to get loaded on the slow boat from China, to get unloaded in port of LA (and other countries) to then go on lorries to get distributed in USA, etc., therefore they are 6-8 weeks out at best from date of photo, gotta clear customs too.
Not necessarily. I have worked in containerized shipping for 20+ years most of that in the Port of Los Angeles. Cargo Transit time from Asia to a US West Coast port is 10-14 days. 90%+ of all cargo clears US Customs before it is ever discharged. Once discharged the cargo must be removed from the terminal in less than 5 days or storage charges will apply. Add in a couple of days on the front for loading in Asia and worst case the cargo is on it’s way for inland distribution within 21 days. So 4 weeks is not an unreasonable expectation.
kurtz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #83
RCC Addict

The instruction manual and exploded views are available on HPI's website now.

I'm pleased to see that they have part numbers and diagrams for most common upgrades already. Things like C-hubs & Knuckles, axle weight tubes, metal link, cvd's, lots of other stuff too.

I haven't gone through it part number by part number yet, but my guy at the LHS tells me that most of the tranny parts are spawned from one of the Savage rigs (flux?) so availability should be good. The tranny actually looks like one of the lowest concern areas though - seems to be built brushless ready..

So far it's looking as though upgrade sequence will be:

#1-Servo
#2-Links
#3-Hubs/Knuckles
#4-?
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Well I checked with RPP and the upgrade parts aren't listed in the catalog yet but hopefully they'll be added soon. The part numbers exist so...

But the good news is that RPP does deal with one of the distributors that HPI just confirmed will be operating N.A.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

What a negative thread. All talking rubbish about something you haven't even got. The fj is a better design better quality materials and overall just a better truck than the scx10. I've put hundreds into my axials and I think no, I know they have terrible quality control. The fj venture is a vast improvement in every area. It's very simple and very well made. My fj can go almost anywhere my trx4 can go. When I sell my wraith I'm gonna get another venture and scale that bad boy up. Nobody can comment on the predicament hpi are in. There a huge outfit, and it's not just the case of changing one thing and it all being sorted. Sometimes I read threads just to laugh at the mentality.
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
What a negative thread. All talking rubbish about something you haven't even got. The fj is a better design better quality materials and overall just a better truck than the scx10. I've put hundreds into my axials and I think no, I know they have terrible quality control. The fj venture is a vast improvement in every area. It's very simple and very well made. My fj can go almost anywhere my trx4 can go. When I sell my wraith I'm gonna get another venture and scale that bad boy up. Nobody can comment on the predicament hpi are in. There a huge outfit, and it's not just the case of changing one thing and it all being sorted. Sometimes I read threads just to laugh at the mentality.
I don't think the negativity is towards the truck itself at all. I think most of the negativity is in regards to the way HPI is handling the communication regarding the release of this truck, especially in North America.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:58 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I don't think the negativity is towards the truck itself at all. I think most of the negativity is in regards to the way HPI is handling the communication regarding the release of this truck, especially in North America.
Yep, at the beginning of October there was a big whoopty-doo about a batch being loaded on to a shipping container. Axial announced a new rig at the beginning of November, with the first batch already arrived & sold out at Tower. Now we are at the end of November & still nothing of the Venture but a release date pushed back to January. That’s 8 months of HPI saying (well, retailers saying) just a few more weeks. It’s been kinda disappointing.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote

My HPI Venture is on it's way... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No HPI Venture Frank211 General Scale Talk 111 12-14-2017 04:55 PM
HPI Venture Toyota FJ Cruiser RTR - Pre-order Yours Now! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 3 05-25-2017 09:20 AM
Hpi "Venture" FJ Cruiser Wade General Crawlers 1 01-28-2016 09:56 PM
Video of new HPI Venture, Lots more details!! Capwn General Scale Talk 4 01-27-2016 06:56 PM
Another venture. aubie Chit Chat 6 12-25-2005 05:35 AM