Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: barrage bodied scx10ii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default barrage bodied scx10ii

g'day,

I bought this as a secondhand rtr kit and have recently started playing around with it.
i like the look of the barrage body so i shortened the wheelbase to suit the body.
made all new hoops etc etc but in the end it didnt perform the way i wanted it too with the shortened wheelbase.

the first few photos are of it shortened and the last pic is from today when i lengthened it back to normal.
i still wanted to keep the body so ive cut it down and will sheet the back wall to neaten it up.

currently running bigbores with mini t springs, not soft enough though even with soft pink springs, and have gmade rsds which i dont really like either.
has a standard axial motor and dynamite esc atm but will change that out when needed.
has the rc4wd safari bar which i think suits the body well and my home made rear tyre carrier.
gmade rs02 rims with boomracing hustler tyres (absolutely love these)
and my locked up rc order turned up today so cant wait to fit the new wheels up.

the gmade rsds have 35 weight oil in them, are their softer springs i can get for these i think they are quite firm, takes some effort to flex.

the last photo is how its sitting currently, more to come soon enough.

Last edited by rs10man; 07-28-2017 at 01:38 AM.
rs10man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2017, 08:23 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: barrage bodied scx10ii

I like it.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:02 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i dont know if there is any truth to it but i read somwhere that the rc4wd krawler shocks springs would fit the rsd. I was looking into the rsd myself, but ended up with a different shock. anyway you might look into that. they sell a whole assortment pack of springs for the Krawler shock that does all 4 shocks, if those do indeed fit.
slam49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:27 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

so I think I'm happy with the shock setup for now, will try a softer mini t spring and see how that goes.

Tomorrows job hopefully will be make some tube work for rear frame, some sort of truggy setup, and glue a piece of styrene onto the rear wall.

I fitted up the ''locked up rc'' rims last night and what a pleasure that was. Hands down the easiest wheels to mount tyres too. will be the only wheels I buy from now on.

should hopefully get some more pics up tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

found a bit of steep dirt very close to home, currently off work with injury so cant drive or stand for too long. im quite happy with how it crawls at the moment, the hustlers grip well even though i have not vented them, and with stock foams.

home now so will do some rear tube work.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:40 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

first of all playing around with some 2.2s... still steers good after some body trimming.

a little crawl last week until now when ive had endless issues with the driveline. the only bearings not replaced on the entire car are the 3 large ones in the diff, either side and pinion.
all link ends have been changed from the standard axial gear to eliminate slop. full tranny rebuild with metal gears.
still shuddering especially in reverse. I have al the shafts lined up, saw some videos on youtube describing the same dramas so I'm thinking probably those 3 bearings on each diff.\

heres a couple of photos across the road from home.

the rear tube work is now gone except for the headboard, I put a yeah racing cantilever setup in the rear so working on a new rear design with lower cog in mind.

barrage bodied scx10ii - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buttery Smooth! Axial SCX10II Bleeded Shock Mod - A Must Do all SCX10II joerc2013 Axial SCX10 II 58 07-13-2020 09:44 AM
Barrage upgrade Darrell General Crawlers 3 06-13-2017 06:59 PM
The Barrage H3 88gmchog General Scale Talk 21 03-05-2017 09:06 AM
ECX barrage Cpyonker General Crawlers 7 12-21-2016 09:18 PM