Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Ordered new custom Truggy Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2017, 12:05 PM   #41

Default Re: Ordered new custom Truggy Chassis

How do you like the f9's under it? I have a set and cant decide if I want ti use the f9's or go with AR44's. I ordered a chassis form the same builder but I got the tundra version like the one pictured in the thread.
robobray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by robobray View Post
How do you like the f9's under it? I have a set and cant decide if I want ti use the f9's or go with AR44's. I ordered a chassis form the same builder but I got the tundra version like the one pictured in the thread.
Well, I have not run the rig yet - I've got to wait 'till Christmas to get my PullerPro Stubby 330KV and BLE ESC in it.

That said, the F9's look freak'n awesome under this chassis IMHO. (or any chassis really!) They also feel and roll really smooth!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Well, this whole build went a bit quicker and smoother than I thought!

The finished rig with all the accessories and a 3s 5000mah pack weighs in at 8lbs 7ozs. So, not too bad.

I got the interior prepped, painted and installed last night. I was able to hide the switch for my lights inside the cab on the interior floor pan. I can easily reach it on the underside of the chassis for quick and easy access. (it's hidden pretty well in there since the switch is black and so's the interior.) I was thinking I might paint it up OD Green like an ammo can and ad the Rifle in back from an Axial parts tree.

I also added an aluminum extension plate on the back of the cab. I didn't like how exposed it looked with the drive-line tunnel back there. The plate clamps down to the bolts I used to mount the spare gas can holders inside the cab, so pretty clean. Should help to keep some additional debris out as well.

I also finally got the stance where I want it. That may change when I run it and shake it down. Thinking I may need to go to the Firm springs up front since so much of the weight is forward on this rig. Should be good out back with the Mediums.

Anyways, cannot wait to get this thing under its own power and thrash on it!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Got the lighting fired up. Used my old BR-XL and spare receiver to test it out. Still need to get the taillight set up hooked up.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Looks awesome man. One of the guys I run with just put the new Holmes revolver motor in his crawler. It’s super smooth even though it’s sensorless and it sounds pretty cool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndi_guy View Post
Looks awesome man. One of the guys I run with just put the new Holmes revolver motor in his crawler. It’s super smooth even though it’s sensorless and it sounds pretty cool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Cannot wait to get it out and scuff it up. I did the HH PullerPro Stubby 3300kv sensored with the BLE ESC. It should be potent from what I hear!
Old 12-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Got the rear lights installed and hooked up last night. Spent some time tidying up the runs under the body as well. Definitely ready for some night trailing now!
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I wanted to incorporate a bit more of the brushed aluminum I've been using like on the fuel cell shelf and at the back of the cab by the Trans Tunnel. I went ahead and trimmed up a piece to use on the roof rack as decking. I think it cleans up the look of the rack a bit and helps further hide the LED wires.
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Got the HH Puller Pro Stubby 3300kv installed today. All I can say is WOW! This motor and esc combo exceeded my expectations. Great low speed bandwidth, insane torque and wheel speed. This is going to be a heckofa fun RIG!
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

My fave Yota Truggy build, sir!

Love the color and graphics, Gearhead RC Ute wheels and lights.

I've got the 4" front and rear bars and the CAC 2.2 wheels in Delrin from them for my Bomber - which, strangely enough, is awaiting Olive Drab body and Matte Black hood paint on the aluminum panels.

Seriously kickass machine you got there...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:39 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
My fave Yota Truggy build, sir!

Love the color and graphics, Gearhead RC Ute wheels and lights.

I've got the 4" front and rear bars and the CAC 2.2 wheels in Delrin from them for my Bomber - which, strangely enough, is awaiting Olive Drab body and Matte Black hood paint on the aluminum panels.

Seriously kickass machine you got there...
Thanks so much man! This was my first attempt at a 1.9 scaler. I had such a blast building it and figuring everything out. Cannot wait to get it out on the rocks and trails. Thanks again for the awesome compliment!
Old 12-28-2017, 06:17 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

So, the rig got its first battle scars today courtesy of Jamesthe1v indoor crawler course. Tubes are good and scraped up, the F9's are scraped up, the cab took some hits and scrapes, and driver's side window is cracked. She's definitely starting to look the part now! ! Anyways, his place is freak'n awesome with a lot of super technical lines that were beyond this rig. (I think he's got me talked in to building a shafty!) Big shout out to jamesthe1v for inviting me out to shake this sucker down. Nothing like crawling in a heated, indoor environment when it's 12 degrees outside! I definitely needed some different foams, which I bought from "Jim" while I was there. The rig, with all the scale elements is also a bit top heavy for crawling as technical as what is at Jim's place. I think it would be perfect for basic trailing as it is now, but I'm going to do some tweaking and get it even better on the rocks. All in all I was very pleased with its maiden run. Rear driveshaft pin came loose, but luckily I found it. I also had an upper link come loose, other than that, no major issues and the HH Puller Pro Stubby and BLE worked awesome.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2017, 11:17 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Got her out in the snow today to mess around a bit. Wasn't great because the snow is a bit deep! I did make a few adjustments including new CI dual stage foams. Soft outer up front, medium outer out back. I also put firmer springs in the shocks up front. The forward weight bias was overwhelming the springs I had up there. Hard to tell how these changes will work out due to the snow. Hopefully we get a melt off soon and I can check them out more thoroughly.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2017, 05:37 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

How did those tires do in the snow. Did they stay packed or did it always try and work it’s self out to keep the treads clear?
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:58 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
How did those tires do in the snow. Did they stay packed or did it always try and work it’s self out to keep the treads clear?
They actually unloaded quite well. But, this was real powdery snow. Not sure how’d they do in wet, snowball packin snow.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #56
Slow is the new Fast

That is a tight looking rig. It turned out beautiful! The truggy cage really has a somethin’, somethin’ going on that is quite unique.

Personally I find my tires just freeze in winter, and traction goes to hell. I doubt they put the silicon in Rc tires like they do in 1:1 winter tires
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
That is a tight looking rig. It turned out beautiful! The truggy cage really has a somethin’, somethin’ going on that is quite unique.

Personally I find my tires just freeze in winter, and traction goes to hell. I doubt they put the silicon in Rc tires like they do in 1:1 winter tires
Thanks SMOG!

I agree - The best I could say about these PitBulls is that they at least unloaded the snow. But like I said, it was really powdery, dry stuff. I assume they would just load up in wet, packable snow.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Picked up some new Locked Up RC wheels. I went with the Iconic in black, and Mirror bead locks. Spooned on a set of RC4WD Compass tires with CI foams. I wanted to try something just a bit taller than the Pitbull RockBeasts and these seem to fit the bill well. Compound on these tires is very tacky and I think they'll be a good all arounder.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2018, 09:01 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Well the truck looks great! Can’t wait to see what you add next
Billy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy D View Post
Well the truck looks great! Can’t wait to see what you add next
Thanks Bud!

Ordered new custom Truggy Chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
first truggy build custom chassis what yall think pstroke666 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 04-09-2011 08:47 PM