Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: XXL Yota Build Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: XXL Yota Build Thread

Super Cool Dude!! That sucker is sure stretched.
I actually liked the original idea you had, with the Aluminum Channel in the rear, at least for mounting the Battery. I may have to "borrow" that one! The Interior details are great, right down to the seat upholstery and carpet!! Stretching the MIP Driveshaft is really clever...
But then, this whole Build has been creative and impressive.

Can't believe it took me so long to find this. I subbed, and hopefully can see what this becomes!!
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

For everyone who has been following along, Sorry for the delay in posts. I think my job is trying to kill me.. Woking 6 and 7 days a week between 12-14 hours each day really kills my motivation to work on anything. Hoping to get a few items knocked out this Sunday and I'll post some updates if I get anything accomplished. I'm super ready for this project to come to an end so I can try to enjoy showing it off at some events..
Bugs Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

So far it hasn't been a bad day.

Chassis was disassembled and all parts were painted with RUST-OLEUM spray on bed liner.

Body work is done and primer is drying.

Should be able to spray top coat soon, then add the "off the wall" part I spoke of earlier in the build.

Only have one little issue..

Somehow I have "misplaced" my front bumper..

Not surprising seeing as I'm not a very organized person and have a 20'X10' room full of rc junk...

None the less project will continue on and I'll eventually find the bumper or order another one and then modify that one...
(Soon as that happens I'll find the original).

Here are a few pics of today's progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Old 04-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Ok, so last Sunday I had an "Epic Fail" with my hydro dip kit.. plan was to have a white base with a black and white hydro dipped paint job..

:Note To Self:
DO NOT leave open gaps like windows when trying to hydro dip...
when I dipped the body the film ran in through the windows, stretched then tore.. leaving me with a mess.. so all that has been sanded back off and now going with another theme for the paint...

Old 04-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Default XXL Yota Build Thread

So,got a little frustrated with paint job. So been kinda skeptical whether or not this is going to work. So I didn't take many pictures of the process.. but basically 4-5 different layers with hand drawn and cut stencils on each layer.. so far I've got about 12-14 hours tied up in paint scheme 2.0.. for one more set of stencils and 1 more layer of paint to apply.. should be able to reveal all tonight and hopefully it turns out decent. After everything cures for a few days I'll be doing some weathering on it to help blend everything together and then lay down a coat of matte clear..

Fingers crossed...

Last edited by Bugs Crawler; 04-29-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

So body is painted, still need to add some patina to it but no big deal. Started re assembly today, got it back to roller status. Finished up the SS front lower links to match the rears, suspension is done.. need to drill mounting holes in front bumper and then paint to match rear bumper, sliders and chassis...

Here is a pic of it sitting as of now.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Did a light sanding and a wash with some testors military paint then 3 coats of matt clear coat and she is done.. glued the grill into place, trimmed the windows, bolted in the interior.. now it at least looks like a complete truck..

Taking it to show off at the NC tiny truck challenge tomorrow and see if it can win some gallery awards...
since this one is not ready to run yet I'll the competing with my new 10.2 honcho...

XXL Yota Build Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
jeeper_05's Vuckin Yota build...Now Hotwheels000's Vuckin Yota! jeeper_05 1.9 Scale Rigs 264 09-28-2015 12:17 AM
Imthatguy's Yeti XXL Kit Build imthatguy Axial Yeti XL 29 04-17-2015 01:59 PM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
nick's crappy busted yota thread mygolfisslow RC4WD Trail Finder 2 38 04-01-2013 07:31 AM